just paid FULL retail on my new cuetec shaft. chump or good guy?

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
You likely made a donation to someone who didn't need one. They probably would/should have been more than happy to match the $399, or lower, internet price.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always said that I want the saying, "Only suckers pay retail" on the back of my tombstone. A relative has some similar, funny advice on the back of his. :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I checked it, they have like 5 of them for sale. They sell alot of product.

HAPPY YOU LIKE IT! Who cares are about the money. Being happy is far more important!

Happy New Year!

TFT:thumbup:
I have no first hand knowledge of the auctions available, but eBay and Amazon are rife with counterfeit product.

Of course, some counterfeit items are just extras that were not sold to the company that ordered them, but how do you know?

I agree with paying a bit extra, to be sure you get what you think you are getting. Add in the service element and the likelihood you'll have an advocate in that retailer, should issues arise with the product...I think you done right.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This brings to mind a story. There was a man on his death bed. He was joined by his Sensei (*) who asked "Do you have any regrets my son Judo?".

Judo thought about this for a moment and replied "well, I paid full retail MSRP for a carbon fiber shaft." The Sensei reflected on this for a moment and said "You are forgiven my son. There are many who have paid much, much more for a Revo. Even to find one is truly a sign of a miracle on Earth." .

Judo said sheepishly "No, it was a Cuetech"

The Sensei paused for a moment, shook his head and replied "Chump!"

(*) Substitute Rabbi, Father, Pastor, Minister, Mullah or Shane as you wish.

Last edited:

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am frugel, or cheap take your choice of titles. I try never or hardly ever to pay full retail for anything unless I have too. If I stumble to say a buck, i try & find someone, who know some one to get me a deal. My favorite charity is my wallet.

But I also understand there are a few products, or services you have to pay full asking price for, and on those your just stuck.

Have been a salesman of many products, I found most business owner when they were buying wanted the best price, best after sales service, and last best product. It just how most sucessful businessmen or women are.

I was in sales for 40 years in milk and dairy products. Got beaten up on
price so many times could not do it to others when I bought something, thus
I almost always over payed

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I was in sales for 40 years in milk and dairy products. Got beaten up on
price so many times could not do it to others when I bought something, thus
I almost always over payed

Well I am a Cigar Smoker I enjoy em a lot, they are great way to wind down. Honeslty if I go to the local B & M shop I seldom get a discount, I have to pay 10% sales Tax, plus $0.22 Stater Cigar Tax.

If I buy the exact same product online I save as much as 40 - 60% of the cost locally, plus get free two - three day shipping.

The locals B & M is not my favorite charity. Like I said I was in sales, recall one time the company I worked for winning a bid of a $36,000.00 order for print shop equiptment. We were low big buy under $2.00. Guess my boss cut most of the profit out of the deal, but still made money.

Honeslty Amazon, E-bay, and other Online Mechants make it hard for B & M business's to survive.

This is the same thing that was happening to local B & M Business's in the 50's & 60's when the evil competition was MAIL ORDER CATALOGUE SALES called, Sears & Roebucks CO., J.C.Penny's, and Monthgomery Wards. Same people crying about new competition for consumers dollars.

Sear's, Ward, and Penny's is now history. Thing change, times change, business's open, fail, make it for a while, only death & taxes are a constant. Some people don't pay income or payroll tax, soon or later some get caught.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I have no first hand knowledge of the auctions available, but eBay and Amazon are rife with counterfeit product.

Not everyone is a scammer: Budget Billiards is a legit company. I know how much the shafts cost wholesale and they aint making much on their investment $$$ and time....

Trent from Toledo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everyone is a scammer: Budget Billiards is a legit company. I know how much the shafts cost wholesale and they aint making much on their investment $$$ and time....

Trent from Toledo

Like I said, wasn't directly commenting on the offers you referenced, just a general comment.

Some purchases are riskier than others and we all determine our own level of what risks we feel we can tolerate.

You get burned on a pool cue, no biggie. A car part, a bike part, health care, etc...different matters.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
full retail means nothing

the lady had the collie i wanted 6 years ago

she kept saying she was getting offers of 1000

i sent her a $1500 check,i learned from dennis glenn
george tod denny he didn't have any extrashafts and

they were $65 each with a long back order

denny said"thats OK, I don't want $65 shafts ,I want the $100
shafts"

George said" oh,I 'll get those right out"

I told the lady" I don't want those $1000 collies I want the $1500 collie in the picture"

Here came Buddy

My friend had a stable of about 8 champioship collies she was paying $600 to breed to other champs
and traveling,I figured Buddy would solve her pronblem and save her about $10,000 pr year"

Plus I wanted a collie,the fact that a tiddy profit never entered my mind

How was I to know"Buddy was sterile"

the moral of the story is ....don'y worry about spilled milk

unless you enjoy complaining or knocking

then you came to the right place

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought two off of a well known retailer who also sells on eBay. Bought two Cynergys for $349 each. There are lots of counterfeit items online but if you are careful you won't get burned.

OP … is Kathy the same Kathy who is the daughter of Darrel Meddings from Billiards & Barstools?

Enjoy both of the "shafts" you got!!! :)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I bought two off of a well known retailer who also sells on eBay. Bought two Cynergys for $349 each. There are lots of counterfeit items online but if you are careful you won't get burned.

OP … is Kathy the same Kathy who is the daughter of Darrel Meddings from Billiards & Barstools?

Enjoy both of the "shafts" you got!!! :)

REALLY!!?? You should name them on here so no one else gets that!!! Who was it ? What is their Ebay name? Can we see pics of the counterfeit Cynergy's so we can tell which ones are real and the others fake?

Did you get your money back?

By not warning people, you might be perpetuating the problem.

I hope you got your money back.

Trent from Toledo

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I get my best deals on Ebay.

I trust Ebay a lot more than the facebook groups.

Any small dealer should be able to give you a better deal than the big name dealers.

They're just not allowed to advertise it.

It would be my dream to sell cues at advertised retail prices.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My boss once asked me to get a price on a valve for his heating pipes at his rental unit- I found it in stock for $35. Meanwhile he was calling other places and found $28 but he'd have to wait a week. During the wait, his pipes burst and cost him over a grand- I couldn't have been happier. He was a multi millionaire also.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REALLY!!?? You should name them on here so no one else gets that!!! Who was it ? What is their Ebay name? Can we see pics of the counterfeit Cynergy's so we can tell which ones are real and the others fake?

Trent from Toledo

He didn't say he got counterfeits, he just said they are you there, and you have to be careful.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

Yes. No. Can't remember, too lazy to look it up. No. No. No. No.

:)