Early 90s Schon - Need help Identifying

pr0zi

Hey all

Trying to identify a cue for buddy. Looks like an early 90s Schon but im unsure of the model. Any info would be great!

htYG9EY.jpg

klXlj88.jpg

k44yl7f.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That pin and writing in the collar hints at a '93-'94 cue. Never seen it before.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't find it any of my Schon cue catalog pics, sorry.

I think they called that an acme pin and they only used it 1993. Whatever series they made in 1993 is probably what that is.

I have an old SL-5 but I don't use it any more because I need to play with a wrapless cue due to a problem with the fingertips on my grip hand. I picked up an inexpensive Iorgov cue and use it.

Anybody who finds one of those older Schon models if it rolls straight most likely they have a very good cue.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think they called that an acme pin and they only used it 1993. Whatever series they made in 1993 is probably what that is.

I have an old SL-5 but I don't use it any more because I need to play with a wrapless cue due to a problem with the fingertips on my grip hand. I picked up an inexpensive Iorgov cue and use it.

Anybody who finds one of those older Schon models if it rolls straight most likely they have a very good cue.

Nobody at Schön called it an Acme pin, because it wasn’t an Acme pin. It drives Evan nutz when people say, “Acme Pin.”

It is actually now officially called the PissEvanOff Pin.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey all

Trying to identify a cue for buddy. Looks like an early 90s Schon but im unsure of the model. Any info would be great!

htYG9EY.jpg

klXlj88.jpg

k44yl7f.jpg

Your best bet is to ask on Facebook on the Schön Collector page. Evan Clarke will answer you. Do not say, “Acme pin” if you want an answer.

Freddie

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
That pin started in 1992 and was used for several years. They still have unfinished cues with that pin. I got that from the horses mouth. We have a couple meals a day and talk shop when we are not making the rounds to the many halls here in medellin.