Pro-1 DVD Review

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
PRO ONE and Basic CTE

I wanted to do a short review of the DVD by Stan Shuffett after watching the video a few times over and share my opinions with the group here at AZ.

First Impressions:

The DVD was shipped promptly. I had the DVD in the mail two days after it was ordered. The video quality was outstanding. I was impressed with graphics and visuals right off. There was no doubt that Stan invested a ton of time and thought as well as money to put this information out there. The menu makes it easy to reference any area of the lesson that you want to review on demand. The shot reference chart that is numbered allows for an easy transition from viewing each shot then placing the balls to learn each shot and visualize the way Stan is showing.

Content:

From basic CTE to Pro-1 Stan guides you through detailed instruction with two large discs and specific reference points to pot each ball. Each shot he describes what pivot is used and gives a reference number to allow you to set up each shot to practice. Landon and Stevie are also shooting many of the shots and giving step by step instruction. They start out by explaining the visual alignment then how to move into the shot and how to pivot. Shots are made from straight in to thin cuts. The DVD also covers banks and caroms. BHE is covered as well. There is a ton of solid information in the contents of this video.

Presentation:

From start to finish the instructional DVD is outstanding. The video quality is excellent. The diagrams are all professionally done and easy to see and understand. Stan, Landon and Stevie are very clear and consise in the delivery of the CTE Pro-1 knowledge.

I was very impressed with the DVD. There were a few times I wish I could see the shots from the players perspective to really get a good idea of what they see as they approach the shot but I think the reference shots force you to follow a strict set of steps and you learn from that what each shot should look like.

Is it exact? I don't know.... I know if I follow the instruction as given in the DVD the ball does fall in the hole. I have no proof that I'm not making subconsious adjustments and I'm not doing a review to spark that debate as there are enough threads fighting this on the board already.
IMO this is one of the best instructional videos I have seen and well worth the price for the knowledge gained. ****
Thanks,
Eric

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Tell me why I had to be a powerslave...

Good review.

The avatar is even better.

I always dug the Aces High poster.

220px-AcesHigh.jpg

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric,

It is appropriate that a reviewer who is familiar with the system, posts their opinion on Stan's dvd. We've had a couple of other reviews from members that do not have any practical experience with Cte. The best critics are those that can relate to the content of a subject knowledgeably without losing focus on particular items, that with use, will become clear later with practice and application.

Many times the professionalism and quality of the actual dvd are overlooked in many reviews. It was nice to hear your thoughts on this and the effort that Stan put into this video. I agree on the quality of the instruction and the presentation of the material. It covered all the concepts and ideas associated with Cte/Pro One, as I understand them, in a clear and orderly representation.

Thanks for the comments. :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
PRO ONE and Basic CTE

I wanted to do a short review of the DVD by Stan Shuffett after watching the video a few times over and share my opinions with the group here at AZ.

First Impressions:

The DVD was shipped promptly. I had the DVD in the mail two days after it was ordered. The video quality was outstanding. I was impressed with graphics and visuals right off. There was no doubt that Stan invested a ton of time and thought as well as money to put this information out there. The menu makes it easy to reference any area of the lesson that you want to review on demand. The shot reference chart that is numbered allows for an easy transition from viewing each shot then placing the balls to learn each shot and visualize the way Stan is showing.

Content:

From basic CTE to Pro-1 Stan guides you through detailed instruction with two large discs and specific reference points to pot each ball. Each shot he describes what pivot is used and gives a reference number to allow you to set up each shot to practice. Landon and Stevie are also shooting many of the shots and giving step by step instruction. They start out by explaining the visual alignment then how to move into the shot and how to pivot. Shots are made from straight in to thin cuts. The DVD also covers banks and caroms. BHE is covered as well. There is a ton of solid information in the contents of this video.

Presentation:

From start to finish the instructional DVD is outstanding. The video quality is excellent. The diagrams are all professionally done and easy to see and understand. Stan, Landon and Stevie are very clear and consise in the delivery of the CTE Pro-1 knowledge.

I was very impressed with the DVD. There were a few times I wish I could see the shots from the players perspective to really get a good idea of what they see as they approach the shot but I think the reference shots force you to follow a strict set of steps and you learn from that what each shot should look like.

Is it exact? I don't know.... I know if I follow the instruction as given in the DVD the ball does fall in the hole. I have no proof that I'm not making subconsious adjustments and I'm not doing a review to spark that debate as there are enough threads fighting this on the board already.
IMO this is one of the best instructional videos I have seen and well worth the price for the knowledge gained. ****
Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

Nice review. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Eric,

Keep us up to date on your game's progress. I am curious to know if your game improves after using CTE/Pro One after a month or two.

Thanks for your well thought out and clearly stated opinion.

JoeyA

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
PRO ONE and Basic CTE

First Impressions:

Content:

Presentation:

Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

Just wondering how many hours you put in on the DVD and at the table before you wrote your review, a good one I might add. I have well over 100 hours working with CTE/Pro One and every day I am finding the system easier and more fun.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Eric,

Just wondering how many hours you put in on the DVD and at the table before you wrote your review, a good one I might add. I have well over 100 hours working with CTE/Pro One and every day I am finding the system easier and more fun.

I would say I put around 9 hours or so setting up the shots and making sure that I was able to tune in the visuals. It took a little adjustment to tweek my visual perception to be able to pocket the balls as shown because of the way I had been using CTE in the past.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Eric,

Keep us up to date on your game's progress. I am curious to know if your game improves after using CTE/Pro One after a month or two.

Thanks for your well thought out and clearly stated opinion.

JoeyA

I sure will Joey! I'm going to do Joe Tuckers 10 ball rating test in about a week and see where I am after putting more table time into Pro-1. Then I will retest in about a month and see what the results show.

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In regards to EEZBANKS review I would just like to thank Stan Shuffett!! And his railbirds!
You know who you are!! Thanks for leveling the playing field Stan! There should be more guys like you in the game of pool as it would be in a much better place!!

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
In regards to EEZBANKS review I would just like to thank Stan Shuffett!! And his railbirds!
You know who you are!! Thanks for leveling the playing field Stan! There should be more guys like you in the game of pool as it would be in a much better place!!

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure will Joey! I'm going to do Joe Tuckers 10 ball rating test in about a week and see where I am after putting more table time into Pro-1. Then I will retest in about a month and see what the results show.

This is what a review should be all about. Does it work or not? I will be looking forward to your updates. I would enjoy having other users, new and not so new to the system, post their experiences and findings. Even their first impressions are worth talking about if they're objective and stay on topic.

Thanks, Eric for posting your review and your future results.

Best,
Mike

JoeyA

Silver Member
This is what a review should be all about. Does it work or not? I will be looking forward to your updates. I would enjoy having other users, new and not so new to the system, post their experiences and findings. Even their first impressions are worth talking about if they're objective and stay on topic.

Thanks, Eric for posting your review and your future results.

Best,
Mike

You make an EXCELLENT point Mike. If some of the people who use CTE/Pro One have trouble with specific aspects of it, they could explain what they are having trouble with and perhaps some of the more experienced and knowledgeable users of this aiming system could share information that could help them acquire the visual perspectives necessary to be successful with the accurate aiming system.

JoeyA

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make an EXCELLENT point Mike. If some of the people who use CTE/Pro One have trouble with specific aspects of it, they could explain what they are having trouble with and perhaps some of the more experienced and knowledgeable users of this aiming system could share information that could help them acquire the visual perspectives necessary to be successful with the accurate aiming system.

JoeyA

Joey,

Zackley! :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With help from some of our knowledgeable posters, I think I understand how it works. Once I thought A,B, and C were aiming points, but have realized that is not the case. I shoot left handed and my left eye is my dominant eye. My problem is, I have a hard time locking in and following the visuals in. Sometimes I am on and others not. I think the problem may that I do not have as good vision with my right eye. If anyone has the same problem and has found a way to compensate for it, please PM me so we do not give all the meat and potatoes away of Stan's system.

JoeyA

Silver Member
A, B & C What are they?

With help from some of our knowledgeable posters, I think I understand how it works. Once I thought A,B, and C were aiming points, but have realized that is not the case. I shoot left handed and my left eye is my dominant eye. My problem is, I have a hard time locking in and following the visuals in. Sometimes I am on and others not. I think the problem may that I do not have as good vision with my right eye. If anyone has the same problem and has found a way to compensate for it, please PM me so we do not give all the meat and potatoes away of Stan's system.

A,B & C are coordinates for you to line up the edge of the cue ball with one of these points, while simultaneously holding onto the visual of CTE, which is Center of the Cue Ball to the OUTER edge of the object ball.
IRock, I know you know this already but you bring up an excellent point.

As to the eye problems, I can't help you with that but just guessing, you are left eye dominant.