lets talk about banned azers.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Probably not a good idea. They got banned for a reason and they're gone. Moderators here run a good forum. Why bring up old trash stories?

i dont know. saw a thread, the guy had a few posts, banned. it was a cuemaker too. not trying to start a problem. just to reminisce.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Just had a Wikipedia flashback ... I was never banned, in fact I was an admin. .... But the older I got, the less patience I had for Internet foolishness.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The Hall of Fame for banned trolls has to go to Fast Larry. He would be any moderator's nightmare. Fast Larry was all about insults, racist comments, stalking and revenge. His ego made The Donald seem humble and his scorn was far worse.

Larry was a billiards instructor who started off as a know-it-all on RSB and Billiards Digest. On AZ, he stalked people. Larry was so bad his name became unmentionable for years for fear of cyber reprisal. We would only refer to him as "the unmentionable one" or FL. I one received a PM from him, wanting to get together with me for pool on an LA visit. I am not usually like this, but I simply didn't respond.

While his non-venomous prose could be entertaining and clever, he was not a laughing matter. His story nearly ended when he was slugged at a tournament by a fellow member.

Eventually he passed away in horrible circumstances. It was a sad, sad era for RSB.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm still confused about the term "banned"...
...you can "ban" actions....ad hominem for example...
...you can "bar" people...

So shouldn't the posters in AZ jail be considered "barred"?

To add to the confusion.....
..this is a "band"...

IMG_3401.PNG

And this is a "Bard"

IMG_3402.jpg

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
JimBo was a larger than life personality on AZ. Take a man with great knowledge of high end cues and cue makers, money, a circle of loyal buddies and a no nonsense, take-no- hostages attitude and you have JimBo. His trademark was skulls and bones and he posted in purple color type. He has owned or owns some famous high end cues from the top makers. His confrontations with John Barton are legendary, pretty much on the scale of John and Lou.

JimBo was generally opposed to the idea of moderation. Concerning bannings, thread deletion and general suppression, he was openly highly critical of the mods. He was eventually banned because he was so outspoken. He started his own forum which did well for awhile but eventually quieted down.

I met JimBo once and I enjoyed his company quite a bit. We had a lot in common actually.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Two of the members no longer allowed to post that are brilliant writers, IMO....
...Thomas Wayne and Patrick Johnson....
...from their point of view, they don't suffer fools gladly....
From my point of view, they are great posters who can be sharked easily.....

I would love to see them both back....just tone it down a bit...
...and keep a sense of humor.

I've learned from both of them.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't a good topic. Let's talk about people who aren't here to defend themselves over what really might have happened
and at the same time, resurrect the reasons why it happened in the first place. My gosh, that's akin to the behavior of those
lame rubber neck drivers of autos that can't keep themselves from gaping at the horrible car accident on the highway. Hmn,
how about aborting this theme entirely and instead offer up some good deed stories instead.......just a thought to ponder.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
DriverMaker was a man who I found was very amusing and clever. He knew a lot about pool and was a very early advocate of fractional aiming systems. He somehow figured out how to decipher the Hal Houle system before most people did, used it, discussed it and even taught it. He was very intelligent. His name derived from the fact that he built high end, custom drivers for golfers.

Basically, you didn't want to get on his bad side, or you would be torched without restraint. He did pick his victims carefully. I think he was banned after a nasty war with Sweet Marissa. Marissa was an attractive young woman who tried to use her considerable feminine charms on him but he wasn't buying it. I believe he released the literary Kracken on her and was banned, probably for 100 years plus 2 lifetimes.
DriverMaker was a man who couldn't be censored. He pushed the envelope repeatedly and effectively.

He eventually reappeared as Wyatt Earp on JimBo's site a bit later, without the restraint of moderation. I learned a lot of colorful words used in ways I couldn't have imagined due to his rich understanding of in the English language. No doubt Wyatt Earp would have moved on from AZ anyway. You can't handcuff that guy.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This isn't a good topic. Let's talk about people who aren't here to defend themselves over what really might have happened
and at the same time, resurrect the reasons why it happened in the first place. My gosh, that's akin to the behavior of those
lame rubber neck drivers of autos that can't keep themselves from gaping at the horrible car accident on the highway. Hmn,
how about aborting this theme entirely and instead offer up some good deed stories instead.......just a thought to ponder.

My birthday is coming soon....send me one of your cues...
...that would make a good thread...:)