Want to Find / Buy This Exact John Madden Cue ... $$$ Reward

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I traded this John Madden Ebony/Snakewood Cue to TANK138 a few years ago and have regretted it ever since. It was an Even Trade and both of us were pleased with the deal, at the time. I've since had a "change of heart" and would Seriously like to buy it back from whom ever purchased it from Tank 138. I finally reached him by PM, after several years, and he does not recall who now owns the Cue.

If anyone here knows where this cue is, please let the current owner know I wish to buy it back, and I will pay $100.00 to the person whom assists me in re-acquiring the Cue. It must be in good enough condition to be fully restored to as-new condition. You see, I am slowly dying from Lymphoma Cancer and would be very grateful just to play with that Cue during whatever time I have remaining. I have a large collection of medium to high-end Cues, but I truly loved the way this Madden Cue plays. Call me a Sentimental Old Fool, but PLEASE PM me if you can help me live out my last request.

Attachments

• 32546447-8E09-4302-ACD5-80A8454284B8.jpeg
    32546447-8E09-4302-ACD5-80A8454284B8.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 8FA4B7CF-32C1-4B31-B2B5-C1902ADE6D03.jpeg
    8FA4B7CF-32C1-4B31-B2B5-C1902ADE6D03.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 736EFF95-2F36-4C86-B385-DCC2A4A6D375.jpeg
    736EFF95-2F36-4C86-B385-DCC2A4A6D375.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 3DBCB353-B5D7-46CF-8A18-3473F7D11B9A.jpeg
    3DBCB353-B5D7-46CF-8A18-3473F7D11B9A.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 83F94785-76EF-475F-93E6-4FA384AA00F8.jpeg
    83F94785-76EF-475F-93E6-4FA384AA00F8.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir sorry to hear of your declining health.

Sure hope you are able to enjoy this cue once again.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Surely someone has seen this cue in the last few years. It is very important for me to find this Cue.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope you find this beauty. Godspeed to you Sir.
Best regards.
Joe P

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would suggest posting it on FB if you haven't done so already. Might be able to get a lead if you post in the Open Billiards Market Info/Discussion Group. I hope you find it. Nice looking cue.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
I traded this John Madden Ebony/Snakewood Cue to TANK138 a few years ago and have regretted it ever since. It was an Even Trade and both of us were pleased with the deal, at the time. I've since had a "change of heart" and would Seriously like to buy it back from whom ever purchased it from Tank 138. I finally reached him by PM, after several years, and he does not recall who now owns the Cue.

If anyone here knows where this cue is, please let the current owner know I wish to buy it back, and I will pay $100.00 to the person whom assists me in re-acquiring the Cue. It must be in good enough condition to be fully restored to as-new condition. You see, I am slowly dying from Lymphoma Cancer and would be very grateful just to play with that Cue during whatever time I have remaining. I have a large collection of medium to high-end Cues, but I truly loved the way this Madden Cue plays. Call me a Sentimental Old Fool, but PLEASE PM me if you can help me live out my last request.
Sorry, haven’t had anyone call me on this cue for cleanup. If I hear anything will let you know. Finally back up after several surgeries etc. Best contact for me is cell 406-544-2076.

Last edited:

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
I remember this cue. This cue was listed on here, but it was quite a while ago. Maybe even waaaay back.

I remember because I love the snakewood design plus Jack is a great guy. Only reason I didn't buy it was the "HISS" on the butt plate.

Agree about posting on FB - AZB is not the same as it used to be for traffic.

God speed and good luck with the cue.

-von

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Str8,

Martin Bick at Superior Cues sold a very similar Snakewood cue several years ago. Made by Kent Davis. Advertised as the "Snake Charmer". It may be possible the same guy purchased your cue to be part of a collection.

Lyn

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you check Tank's iTrader to check if maybe the person left feedback for him?

*Just checked his iTrader for ya.
After your trade for the Palmer, the list is appx a couple dozen people long.
Might take the better part of an afternoon,
but you could send a private message to each person. Has to be one of them.

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
My thanks to all who have posted in this thread. I will phone
John Madden to discuss making a closely similar Cue.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
My thanks to all who have posted in this thread. I will phone
John Madden to discuss making a closely similar Cue.

Still haven’t had anyone contact me about this cue. Btw for those who wonder about the HISS. It was requested because the points were SNAKEwood hissing.

When you are ready give me a call on my cell phone, 406-544-2076. Have recovered from my 4 surgeries and feeling better than I have in years, so back to loves...pool and cuemaking.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Thank You Jack ......

Still haven’t had anyone contact me about this cue. Btw for those who wonder about the HISS. It was requested because the points were SNAKEwood hissing.

When you are ready give me a call on my cell phone, 406-544-2076. Have recovered from my 4 surgeries and feeling better than I have in years, so back to loves...pool and cuemaking.

I’m sorry for being so slow with a reply. I’ll call you as soon as I’m feeling up to it.
Best Regards, Howard