Yep
Old
  (#46)
Danny Harriman
Banned
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Yep - 01-22-2019, 02:57 PM

There are many laughing at the top players racking themselves i.e., making it appear that it's practice when it's actually real competition. If u were betting $ or pulling for a player you would probably not find the rack your own format too comical when your horse's opponent had a break shot that was a bit high or low. Here is a scenario - your opponent has a break shot that is not ideal and some distance from rack, it's 'rack yourself' format - you have entered a different dimension there's a sign straight ahead oh your lost in the Bermuda triangle - or maybe it's the twilight zone. In twenty yrs if there is a reputable promoter that wants to market the sport proper like they will have the technology I am talking about and referee's (that know the rules) as well. At amateur level maybe not but believe me folks if a player is capable of running hundred's AND has good sportsman like conduct (etiquette) - they have earned a ref to rack and not make them seem like they are practicing. When I see a top player racking his or her own rack and no ref presiding over the match - I don't get a chuckle there john. I think it's a travesty and can only assume that the promoter either is lacking funding or wants to make the game look dismal and unprofessional. Also some of the one's getting a chuckle out of there not being any real accountability to a professional standard - are bitter as they never made top player themselves, I hope your not in that group john. Watch the Chinese 8 ball - there's class 14.1 could look like that as well and is even easier to film than 8 ball.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 01-22-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Old
  (#47)
john coloccia
AzB Silver Member
john coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john coloccia View Post
All of this nonsense goes away if you have an actual ref at important matches. But whatever... 9 ball on mini tables is all the rage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I could not agree wit' ya more.
Quote:
There are many laughing at the top players racking themselves i.e., making it appear that it's practice when it's actually real competition. If u were betting $ or pulling for a player you would probably not find the rack your own format too comical when your horse's opponent had a break shot that was a bit high or low. Here is a scenario - your opponent has a break shot that is not ideal and some distance from rack, it's 'rack yourself' format - you have entered a different dimension there's a sign straight ahead oh your lost in the Bermuda triangle - or maybe it's the twilight zone. In twenty yrs if there is a reputable promoter that wants to market the sport proper like they will have the technology I am talking about and referee's (that know the rules) as well. At amateur level maybe not but believe me folks if a player is capable of running hundred's AND has good sportsman like conduct (etiquette) - they have earned a ref to rack and not make them seem like they are practicing. When I see a top player racking his or her own rack and no ref presiding over the match - I don't get a chuckle there john. I think it's a travesty and can only assume that the promoter either is lacking funding or wants to make the game look dismal and unprofessional. Also some of the one's getting a chuckle out of there not being any real accountability to a professional standard - are bitter as they never made top player themselves, I hope your not in that group john. Watch the Chinese 8 ball - there's class 14.1 could look like that as well and is even easier to film than 8 ball.

Bermuda tryanglers
Old
  (#48)
Danny Harriman
Banned
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

Bermuda tryanglers - 01-23-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john coloccia View Post
In the old days (at least at some tournaments) they had an extra ball that was used to rack, and then the head ball was removed. Makes it pretty obvious exactly where the rack's supposed to go.

But I have to say, I get a little chuckle out of the rack position being some sort of impediment to the game. Lots of us are out here struggling just to get to the break shot, and most of the time I'm happy if my break ball is even in the vicinity of the rack. It'd be pretty obvious if the rack ever interferes with my break shot...
I was not talking bout 'your' game John - that was you. I am interested in how to improve the over all state of how the game is being presented to the public. Right now it is just a game in a state of degradation, I hope 14.1 could some day be marketed as a sport. After watching the Saints vs patriots game I understand that even with technology they ( the corrupt people behind the curtain) can make their team win. Again if I had the resources I would design a format where the rules were the same for everyone (no matter who sponsored who). Also in my Straight Pool tour politics would not even stand a chance with their bugmen hangin around trying to hack into my tour. Many entry fee's would not be a priority, I would market a small group of elite players and none of them would be able to try and shark the opponent or they would be severely fined everyone in the event would be there caused they earned it - through a structured format to attain pro status - as it once was.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 01-23-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Old
  (#49)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

01-23-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:

I totally agree.

Having 14.1 players rack for themselves is no bueno. There is far too much opportunity to twist the rack and/or put them a little high or a little low. Guys that you know know better can suddenly get real sloppy about their racking technique.

Lou Figueroa

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: