Stevie Moore

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to watch Stevie play last weekend. Aside from his obvious skill level, I was impressed with his ability to focus and execute despite a very noticeable tremor. Any one know the etiology of the tremor?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The best part would have been if you had asked him about it... He would have dead panned you and said "What shake?"

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool......!

Great all around article on him,,,

I see him all the time up at the ''Turning Stone''......

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good job finding that interview. I had forgotten where I read that and was going to look for that link.

Here is the other thing I saw a while back that I wanted to share. It's a video interview of Stevie Moore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ14lw51uUc

Ever since I saw that I decided I like the guy. I first saw the video on go4pool.net while reading the farewell to George "Ginky" SanSouci thread here on AZforums. After watching the Ginky interview, which was also good, I saw some other interviews and went straight to the Stevie Moore interview because I'd already read the AZBilliards article and liked his answers there.

I couldn't find it on go4pool.net today but this is the exact same interview on Youtube. Enjoy the interview and best of luck to Stevie in all future endeavors.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie is a hell of a guy, man he makes me laugh. one time in Vegas he said "I got to get the hell out of here, there aint enough trees". You had to be there to get it, but they way he said it and when he said it was triple funny. I know it don't read funny here, point is he can deliver a line and make it funny as heck in a conversation. His attitude always pumps me up, something about him puts me in a positive mood. Perhaps Someday I'll plant some trees and invite him over, LOL

He has that shake, tremble thing going on. I never thought to ask him about it, not my biz. I just hope its not a health related thing. It sure dont seem to hurt his game. Stevie is one hell of a player, he can beat anyone at anytime. Cant ever count him out. I like to see him win, Good guy in the pool world.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
familial essential tremors....

That shake never hurt Nick Varner's game!

He did admit in one of the above interviews that it did at times. The fact that he and Stevie both can overcome it is a true testament to their ability to ignore the distraction that an essential tremor is. The ONLY good thing that I know of having the 'familial essential tremor' is that you
can practice with it and it may help when the 'real' pressure is on since you've been able to practice with it while your opponent can't. Other than that (and maybe the gambling aspect) it's not a fun thing to have to deal with. Sometimes it makes me want to quit pool.... other times I just have a beer or two to offset it.

The best statement I've ever heard concerning it came from a friend I know.... he told me to 'embrace the shake'. I'm still working on that. Are you out there 'TIN MAN' (David C.)????? Where are you at??

td

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did admit in one of the above interviews that it did at times. The fact that he and Stevie both can overcome it is a true testament to their ability to ignore the distraction that an essential tremor is. The ONLY good thing that I know of having the 'familial essential tremor' is that you
can practice with it and it may help when the 'real' pressure is on since you've been able to practice with it while your opponent can't. Other than that (and maybe the gambling aspect) it's not a fun thing to have to deal with. Sometimes it makes me want to quit pool.... other times I just have a beer or two to offset it.

The best statement I've ever heard concerning it came from a friend I know.... he told me to 'embrace the shake'. I'm still working on that. Are you out there 'TIN MAN' (David C.)????? Where are you at??

td
Interesting stuff... I know that this kind of shakin' is different from what I have seen and known with certain players... I've seen some players that can't make a ball while they are shaking (Alchohol withdrawl) during the daytime, But... (Almost like night and day) come back in a few hours and watch them play or play them and it's lights out and NO SHAKIN"! "Perfect Mixture" type players have always been interesting to me. At first, My thoughts would not be to put mixture players into a cateregory with the likes of Stevie Moore's and Nick varner's natural shakes ( I understand they aren't on drugs or alcohol). I guess chemicals and alcohol is a disease too that is just as serious though. I dunno, Interesting though! The funny thing is that, Stevie and Nick can play Champion Speed with their conditions, No drugs or alcohol at whatever their age or opponent and WIN! Natural ability, Practice and Determination I guess! FWIW...

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting stuff... I know that this kind of shakin' is different from what I have seen and known with certain players... I've seen some players that can't make a ball while they are shaking (Alchohol withdrawl) during the daytime,

I've seen a guy that Jay and I both know run 102 and every time he stood up to chalk his cue he shook so much you thought he would drop the cue. Rough morning after:p

Jadssons

Rehab is for Quitters
Silver Member
I have known Stevie since he was a kid and he has always had the shake. Someone once asked him why he didn't go see a doctor about it and he replied, "why? It may mess up my game if they correct it."

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie is a hell of a guy, man he makes me laugh. one time in Vegas he said "I got to get the hell out of here, there aint enough trees". You had to be there to get it, but they way he said it and when he said it was triple funny. I know it don't read funny here, point is he can deliver a line and make it funny as heck in a conversation. His attitude always pumps me up, something about him puts me in a positive mood. Perhaps Someday I'll plant some trees and invite him over, LOL

He has that shake, tremble thing going on. I never thought to ask him about it, not my biz. I just hope its not a health related thing. It sure dont seem to hurt his game. Stevie is one hell of a player, he can beat anyone at anytime. Cant ever count him out. I like to see him win, Good guy in the pool world.

When you grow up surrounded by woods, you do miss the trees when you're in the city or the desert. I spent a lot of my youth exploring the forest and stream around my house and enjoying the wildlife. It still bothers me when people cut down healthy trees for the convenience of not raking leaves or easier construction of a new neighborhood or shopping center.

Edited to add: I have to admit though, I think the rock formations and overall scenery in places like Arches National Park in Utah are really beautiful and there are VERY few trees out there.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you grow up surrounded by woods, you do miss the trees when you're in the city or the desert. I spent a lot of my youth exploring the forest and stream around my house and enjoying the wildlife. It still bothers me when people cut down healthy trees for the convenience of not raking leaves or easier construction of a new neighborhood or shopping center.

Edited to add: I have to admit though, I think the rock formations and overall scenery in places like Arches National Park in Utah are really beautiful and there are VERY few trees out there.
the woods rule!

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting stuff... I know that this kind of shakin' is different from what I have seen and known with certain players... I've seen some players that can't make a ball while they are shaking (Alchohol withdrawl) during the daytime, But... (Almost like night and day) come back in a few hours and watch them play or play them and it's lights out and NO SHAKIN"! "Perfect Mixture" type players have always been interesting to me. At first, My thoughts would not be to put mixture players into a cateregory with the likes of Stevie Moore's and Nick varner's natural shakes ( I understand they aren't on drugs or alcohol). I guess chemicals and alcohol is a disease too that is just as serious though. I dunno, Interesting though! The funny thing is that, Stevie and Nick can play Champion Speed with their conditions, No drugs or alcohol at whatever their age or opponent and WIN! Natural ability, Practice and Determination I guess! FWIW...

It's like a nightmare.... and it just gets worse....;)

td