The Cobra bites again......

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I just got home from playing on a RKC set up Gold crown 4, eight hours on that table with one 15 minute break. The only thing that could have been better would have been not to have the break:p. Thanks fd_colorado, your set up is the nutz!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Glad I don't have a table. It would cost me a small fortune just to bribe him with Dr. Pepper to drive way up north.

Always nice to see Glen at work tho. Never ceases to amaze.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony...Wow! That shelf looks as deep as a Diamond! :eek: :D I look forward to playing on your table, the next time I'm down that way! Sorry to miss you at the Open. Good luck getting the rest of your house in order...before the snow flies!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to go Jim! About time you got up to Fred's house again! LOL I definitely enjoy playing on his table, and look forward to a chance to play on yours too, one of these days!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

[QUOTE
=Cuebuddy;3246711]I just got home from playing on a RKC set up Gold crown 4, eight hours on that table with one 15 minute break. The only thing that could have been better would have been not to have the break:p. Thanks fd_colorado, your set up is the nutz![/QUOTE]

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Thanks again buddy I am loving this table. It was worth the wait.

Remember too, that standing in a ditch beats laying in one (which I have done on a few occasions)

:)

Doing the work on your table Tony took some of the pressure off me for the NE area, as you were one of the few left on my list of friends to meet, and tables to work out, if only it didn't take about 3 years to get to you:thumbup:...but if you'll remember, I did tell you....I'd be there in a few weeks...more than once:rotflmao1: But, I have to say, your table is the first table I've ever recalibrated the rails on standing in a ditch on the side of the road...you didn't even have a sidewalk to work on buddy:D Hope you have all the fun playing on it that you deserve, for having to wait so long. Now, I have to get Ian his table up to him in Canada, just a few more jobs left on this run to get through, and it's Ian's turn. In Virginia right now, have a few customers/friends here to meet up with too:D

Glen

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Thanks
Give me a holler when you are passing through. Have fun at the open, keep the Josh in line.

:)

Tony...Wow! That shelf looks as deep as a Diamond! :eek: :D I look forward to playing on your table, the next time I'm down that way! Sorry to miss you at the Open. Good luck getting the rest of your house in order...before the snow flies!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Way to go Jim! About time you got up to Fred's house again! LOL I definitely enjoy playing on his table, and look forward to a chance to play on yours too, one of these days!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

[QUOTE
=Cuebuddy;3246711]I just got home from playing on a RKC set up Gold crown 4, eight hours on that table with one 15 minute break. The only thing that could have been better would have been not to have the break:p. Thanks fd_colorado, your set up is the nutz!
[/QUOTE]

It will happen Scott! Today we played One pocket nine, One pocket eight, Eight ball, Nine ball,Ten ball, Banks caroms and combos, Nine ball banks, Full rack banks, Bottle pool (bazaar game) and probally a few more I can't remember.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim...You gotta watch that guy with those bank games. Fred is pretty deadly! LOL I have a new pool game to share with you both, the next time I see you. It's a real blast, and might really catch on as a league game! You can read about it here:

www.pool-300.com

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Glen's a truly great table mechanic.....he's made all of us better mechanic's....if not for him.....all the installers that post on AZ wouldn't know a 10th of what they know now....and that's the truth.
He's shown more ways of doing things the RIGHT WAY....than anyone....now that the so called MECHANIC'S on here have find out the right way of repairing tables.....they don't need him for anything.
I don't believe anyone should kiss his ass....maybe give the man his just do....if not for his knowledge...how many people would be repairing tables the way they do today.

I know he's made me a much better MECHANIC then I was 3 years ago....guaranteed.

I don't always agree with his ways....but the end result....our tables play pretty much the same.

It would really be awesome if everyone would come together....stop with the EGO's....and respect one another for who they are....and what they're trying to do.
Everyone thinks they can run faster...jump higher.....and hit harder.

We all do the same thing....fix pool tables......WOW....now that's something special.
Funny...how this guy can go to everyone's back yard....and get the work....people wait for him...cause they know he's going to do the table absolutely perfect.

I'm not knocking anyone....I'm giving Glen props for great work.
I've worked with Glen...and Bobby DeTurk...Bobby is doing great work on players tables as well...Bobby understands the hard work and time that goes in to a players table.

Great work Glen...hope to see ya down south soon.....no really SOON.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We all do the same thing....fix pool tables..
I've worked with Glen...and Bobby DeTurk...Bobby is doing great work on players tables as well...Bobby understands the hard work and time that goes in to a players table.

It's people like you guys that do things right that make our tables special.
I shopped around for a while until I found the right mechanic. People from different parts of the country recommended Bob DeTurk. He's in my area.

Pool tables are OFF or ON. The original installer did an 80% kind of job. Had a lot of noticeable flaws.
It's a nice thing when you guys respect each others talents and recommend each other to us when we need service. Thanks for doing quality work. It's appreciated.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thank you Mark, you TOO are a great all around table MECHANIC. You know me, I'd NEVER take work from someone in their own backyard if they could do this kind of work, and that I'd refer them to their areas Pro Mechanic in a heartbeat first, and for sure...pass on the job. I have all the respect in the world for my fellow table mechanic's that can work at this level, and I'm always willing to work with any other table mechanics to help them raise their level of knowleage, they only need to ask, and they have my full support. You finally started showing your work, so that others would see that I'm not the only mechanic in the US that can do this kind of expert rebuilding and calibrating of the rails on pool tables, for that I'm truly grateful, I just wish others who have the same level of skills would do the same.

Customers deserve to know that when they hire someone to work on their pool table(s), they're going to hire someone that knows what they're doing. I've said it many many times, if "WE" that can do this work, DON'T show what's right about doing it, then the public at large will never know the difference between the right way and the wrong way. Because if the public is not informed about this job as actually being one of a "Professional" skill level, there will always be those that have the thought process that, "it's just a pool table, and there are 1,000's of table mechanic's" that work on them all over the place, so....we're nothing special, just EGO manic's, because we demand better for all customers!!!

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's people like you guys that do things right that make our tables special.
I shopped around for a while until I found the right mechanic. People from different parts of the country recommended Bob DeTurk. He's in my area.

Pool tables are OFF or ON. The original installer did an 80% kind of job. Had a lot of noticeable flaws.
It's a nice thing when you guys respect each others talents and recommend each other to us when we need service. Thanks for doing quality work. It's appreciated.

Bob is another great mechanic with great talents, and therefore has created another off limits area for me to be able to work in. As I've already said, I'd never work in another top level mechanics backyard, unless I was requested to...by the areas "Pro" mechanic first.

Glen

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DSC_2123.jpg
The end result -
Beautiful.
Just does not get any better.

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen's a truly great table mechanic.....he's made all of us better mechanic's....if not for him.....all the installers that post on AZ wouldn't know a 10th of what they know now....and that's the truth.
He's shown more ways of doing things the RIGHT WAY....than anyone....now that the so called MECHANIC'S on here have find out the right way of repairing tables.....they don't need him for anything.
I don't believe anyone should kiss his ass....maybe give the man his just do....if not for his knowledge...how many people would be repairing tables the way they do today.

I know he's made me a much better MECHANIC then I was 3 years ago....guaranteed.

I don't always agree with his ways....but the end result....our tables play pretty much the same.

It would really be awesome if everyone would come together....stop with the EGO's....and respect one another for who they are....and what they're trying to do.
Everyone thinks they can run faster...jump higher.....and hit harder.

We all do the same thing....fix pool tables......WOW....now that's something special.
Funny...how this guy can go to everyone's back yard....and get the work....people wait for him...cause they know he's going to do the table absolutely perfect.

I'm not knocking anyone....I'm giving Glen props for great work.

Well Said Mark! I feel very fortunate for your work on my table!