Now more than half of world top 30 signed up for US Open

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We wrote this facebook "note" about him last month.

And as a followup to the record in that note, here is some subsequent information about the Don Coates tournament.

He played Sky, Donny Mills, Archer, Shuff, Morra, Jeremy Jones, and Corey Deuel--with a total score of 63 to 49

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was talking to Roy Francisco he's the guy who brought Dodong over here to the states and is his backer and sponsor and i asked him what he thought about James's #3 Fargo rating.

He said James is not looking to play any of the top guys for the cash like SVB,Orcollo,Shaw without a handicap.

Roy backs Dennis Orcollo too so i think he has a very good idea how both players play.

Roy said they are hoping James can get his Visa issue worked out in time for him to play in The Derby so looks like no US Open this year for Dodong Diamond.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really hope Wu makes it this year. Can definitely see a finals of Wu vs Shane or Shaw.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched all of the top 100 play except for one guy of whom I have never heard. The #3 guy, from the Philippines, named James Zoren. Has anyone seen him play? Perhaps he has played in the past under another name?

Yep Iv seen him play and he's played in a couple turneys here in the US he seemed to hold his Fargo rating I'm not sold on it but his backer says he's a better 10 ball player than DO

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And as a followup to the record in that note, here is some subsequent information about the Don Coates tournament.

He played Sky, Donny Mills, Archer, Shuff, Morra, Jeremy Jones, and Corey Deuel--with a total score of 63 to 49

I kinda liken this to a pitcher or hitter going thru teams for the first time , the second and third time often bare a far different result, such as NYY slugger who's plummeted after the all star break

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have watched all of the top 100 play except for one guy of whom I have never heard. The #3 guy, from the Philippines, named James Zoren. Has anyone seen him play? Perhaps he has played in the past under another name?

James Aranas. If you haven't seen him play, you're in for a treat.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I was talking to Roy Francisco he's the guy who brought Dodong over here to the states and is his backer and sponsor and i asked him what he thought about James's #3 Fargo rating.

He said James is not looking to play any of the top guys for the cash like SVB,Orcollo,Shaw without a handicap.

Roy backs Dennis Orcollo too so i think he has a very good idea how both players play.

Yep Iv seen him play and he's played in a couple turneys here in the US he seemed to hold his Fargo rating I'm not sold on it but his backer says he's a better 10 ball player than DO

The two of you seem to be relating very different things from the backer that would seem to be in conflict with each other. Could one of you have misunderstood something?

I obviously can't read the backer's mind but I'm finding it a little difficult to believe that much of anybody including the backer would put Aranas above Orcullo at any game at this point in time.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
The two of you seem to be relating very different things from the backer that would seem to be in conflict with each other. Could one of you have misunderstood something?

I obviously can't read the backer's mind but I'm finding it a little difficult to believe that much of anybody including the backer would put Aranas above Orcullo at any game at this point in time.

Sounds like his backer is a lock artist

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well Roy ain't trying to kill his action when he goes back home which is were he he is now , and what I said is what Roy told me personally take that for what it's worth it's his opinion,he followed with he breaks better 10 ball than DO but DO is better 9 ball player ,, my reply was I'd have to see it to believe it
Roy is trying to make him a one pocket player , in the short time he was here he went up several levels but still has a long way to go he tends to try to play like Do relying on his straight shooting rather than out maneuver the player he's got a ways to go

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

someone said it. Must be true.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is that good?

(No response necessary)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But the trip abroad is crucial to Aranas' development.

Ya gotta play real good to play in different places each week and still come out winner.