Oscar Dominguez........What A Great Guy.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Hill posted this on his FB account earlier today......Thank you Oscar.

https://www.facebook.com/tommy.hill.562

Tommy Hill
5 hrs · Fresno ·

When our friend Oscar Dominguez found out TJ had cancer, he gave me a call to check on my son.
Since then Oscar sent TJ a custom case signed by world champion Shane VanBoening. Oscar also
got us tickets to the Mosconi Cup in Vegas and told TJ he would introduce him to all of the players.
TJ is going back into the hospital this morning and will not be up to making the trip to Las Vegas but
we will be watching and rooting for team USA and our buddy, Oscar. I just wanted everyone out there
to know what a great man Oscar is. He is a world class player and a world class person and friend. Go USA

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have known Oscar since he was in High School. I can say , without a doubt, he is a great human being. He loves his family and is one of the smartest pool players I have known. His father is very proud of him! With his Mezz West State tour, Oscar has contributed a lot to the billiards world already.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Met him at US Open 10ball (and his family). One word comes to mind. Solid. Top to bottom the whole clan. I told his dad that this year he would make the Mosconi team. He shook his head and said that politics would get in the way.

I should have taken that bet.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Oscar is one of the best! I have known him for quire a few years and have never heard a bad word about him, I am very glad to call him a friend.

I hope TJ wins his fight with cancer. If he is able to make it to Derby this year I would like to pay for his room and ticket to the event. I will also make sure he meets all the players from the Mosconi cup (even the Euro's).

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great feel-good thread! Bravo to Oscar for giving to others in need! He's one of the great ones in the pool world. Thank you for sharing this great gift to read!

ac11

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar is the man...real class act. It's great to see him make the mosconi this year, long overdue imo

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The man has class. From the way he was raised.

Enjoy every day and take care of your own. Life is beautiful, but sometimes just as ugly.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope TJ is able to watch the Mosconi Cup this year. I will give a shout out to him when Oscar is playing. I know just what I want to say. :D

As far as Oscar is concerned, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His father is one of the real stand-up guys in the pool world. I guess I've known Ernesto for close to forty years now and I'm proud to call him my friend. I've been so fortunate to live around the greatest Hispanic pool players ever - Ernesto, Morro Paez, Francisco Galindo, Sergio Gandarilla (the bar table king), Sergio Valdez (the greatest one handed player of this era), Joe Salazar and of course OSCAR! All were and are class guys who could play the shit out of this game!

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar is one of the best! I have known him for quire a few years and have never heard a bad word about him, I am very glad to call him a friend.

I hope TJ wins his fight with cancer. If he is able to make it to Derby this year I would like to pay for his room and ticket to the event. I will also make sure he meets all the players from the Mosconi cup (even the Euro's).

Wonderful offer on your part concerning TJ. I salute you, Sir!

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for post Matt. Always respected Oscar and his Pop. God Speed to TJ in his battle.

Good day to all,

-Kat,