Interesting shot from AZB's Tin Man

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've tried it on three different tables (Olhaussen, Gold Crown, Valley bar box) and I got the 8-ball to go on all three. Again, the margin for error is tiny. You must hit the 8 and cushion at very close to the same time, hitting the cushion just a hair in front of the 8 so the inside running spin can take while the CB is compressing the cushion.

There ain't no trickery going on, you just need to get lucky with the hit. Accurate aiming also helps.
I would think you hit the 8 first and it sits still then the CB comes off the rail and cuts it in. Can't wait to try this one!
That's what I thought too at first, until the slow-motion video footage showed otherwise.

Fun stuff,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave was it that you fouled trying to hit 8 ball when you shot the CB off side rail... as it looks like you hit the rail then 8 & then NO rail afterwards... lol
No. I'm pretty sure that was a good hit, ball first (barely) and then the cushion.

Good guess though. It does look a little suspicious in the video.

Regards,
Dave

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bingo. I got confused shooting both as myself and as my "opponent." Quite embarrassing.

Good job catching it,
Dave

I practice things like this all the time. I get confused as well. Especially when one of me executes an intentional foul (like you did in the video).

I know how to recognized it.:wink:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I thought too at first, until the slow-motion video footage showed otherwise.

Fun stuff,
Dave

Yep, just watched slo-mo. I tried this a few times last night but couldn't get 8 to budge but my Simonis is only 30 days old, I guess I'll try it in ten years :grin:

Thanks for all you do, I enjoy watching your videos.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, just watched slo-mo. I tried this a few times last night but couldn't get 8 to budge but my Simonis is only 30 days old, I guess I'll try it in ten years :grin:
I think this shot should work on any table; although, it does need to be hit perfectly, and shot speed might make a difference. I plan to get my cloth changed soon. When I do, I'll try the shot on brand new Simonis (probably 860HR).

Thanks for all you do, I enjoy watching your videos.
You're welcome. I'm glad you like my stuff.

Best regards,
Dave

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I'm pretty sure that was a good hit, ball first (barely) and then the cushion.

Good guess though. It does look a little suspicious in the video.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Thanks for replying & correcting me... lol Yes from the video it does look
like a foul... :) Also wanted to say Thank you for doing all the work on Tinman's shot...
proves we never learn everything when it comes to billiards/pool...

I am sure there are thousands & thousands of players who also are happy
to have people like you to help them with the game we all love... keep it going
my friend!!!

tz