CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why, but I just don't get it. Maybe you can repeat what Stan said in your own words? The question is this: Given that the ball throws different amounts when hit soft vs hard, how do you pocket a ball center pocket each time using CTE without making any adjustments?[/QUOTE

I’m going to try to clarify.

This is known. The 15 I yields a slight overcut to center pocket.

Let’s assume the shot is the match winning 9 ball. How would a pro execute the shot?

He would not slow roll it, but if he did he’d likely make it. He has an overcut to begin with. A nicely struck finesse with a little top can produce a clean entry into the pocket. So, that shot involved two positives and a negative. The overcut and the top are friendly to the shot. The off-speed hit is a negative for a few reasons: throw, skid and stroke quality.

A pro would hit the shot in one of three ways.

1. Low outside with speed offers 3 positives and then the overcut is built in.

2. Straight center axis draw with speed. That offers two positives along with the overcut.

3. A great option for a pro is stun with a touch of inside. Line up to center as usual and swivel the cue by a tick or two for a smidgen of inside. Since the overcut is built in the player must be careful with the inside. The amount of inside is so minute that a bystander would not notice it being applied.

So, the CTE player learns to exercise various options when faced with a given shot...center cue ball and others options that consists of various positives as well as negatives.

Hope this helps.

Stan Shuffett

What I like about this post is that you are acknowledging that throw is variable (categorized into pluses and minuses) and has to be factored into the shot. I think you are saying that CTE starts you off with an overcut and that a firm, vertical axis shot with follow will send it center pocket and if you use other "positives" to minimize throw it will also go pretty close to center pocket, correct?

So can we now revisit your video on hard vs soft hits? Soft or even just medium hits are necessary and are not just aberrations that can be minimized as "well, a pro wouldn't hit it that way." When you hit soft the ball throws more and so you need to use a little outside or tweak the aim or something IF you want the ball to go center pocket or if you want to even pocket the ball if it is near a rail where there is less room for error. You seem to be saying the opposite in this video. Is it an oversight when you said hitting soft vs hard both send the ob to center pocket without any subjective adjustment required from the player?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFrpI-5rKbM&t=6s

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I like about this post is that you are acknowledging that throw is variable (categorized into pluses and minuses) and has to be factored into the shot. I think you are saying that CTE starts you off with an overcut and that a firm, vertical axis shot with follow will send it center pocket and if you use other "positives" to minimize throw it will also go pretty close to center pocket, correct?

So can we now revisit your video on hard vs soft hits? Soft or even just medium hits are necessary and are not just aberrations that can be minimized as "well, a pro wouldn't hit it that way." When you hit soft the ball throws more and so you need to use a little outside or tweak the aim or something IF you want the ball to go center pocket or if you want to even pocket the ball if it is near a rail where there is less room for error. You seem to be saying the opposite in this video. Is it an oversight when you said hitting soft vs hard both send the ob to center pocket without any subjective adjustment required from the player?

No. Heck no! When I shoot softly I do not HAVE to tweak for anything for 15s 30s and 45s and about the same for the 60s.
There’s no need to add outside for a soft cut. Now I may do so for positional purposes.
And I promise you there’s no need to tweak my aim.
You’re problem is...you’re giving way too much credit to throw as a negative force.

I can demonstrate what I teach all day long.

Stan Shuffett

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
50th page coming right up

Its only page 34 for me ,,,,,:D
It is truly amazing how much time and effort you guys go through with all the back-and-forth
I’ve said it before to just go on with your lives and let each other be but that never happens
Carry on men
Sorry to interrupt
you all

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not like you do it when you adjust by just hitting it a little thinner.

I don’t have to think about it, not one little bit.

Stan Shuffett

And neither do ghostball players or contact point or fractional players. We automatically align for a slight overcut. It's called experience. We don't aim to shoot a ball center pocket when throw is involved. We don't line up for center pocket and then tweak our aim to account for throw. Just as with CTE, we simply align to overcut the ball from our psr. At least I do, and most good players I play with. It's that simple. CIT is typically not an issue an experienced player has to think too much about.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And neither do ghostball players or contact point or fractional players. We automatically align for a slight overcut. It's called experience. We don't aim to shoot a ball center pocket when throw is involved. We don't line up for center pocket and then tweak our aim to account for throw. Just as with CTE, we simply align to overcut the ball from our psr. At least I do, and most good players I play with. It's that simple. CIT is typically not an issue an experienced player has to think too much about.

You don’t get it.

Sure experience is involved. Experience is involved in learning about anything.

IN CTE THE SYSTEM LEADS THE PLAYER TO AN ALIGNMENT THAT IS AN OVER-CUT. IT’S A NATURAL ASPECT OF THE SYSTEM. ( There is nothing like that inherent to conventional systems.)

In conventional systems players align and adjust until it feels right. There’s no “ feels right” to it with CTE. Learn the system and the over-cut is a bonus.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Heck no! When I shoot softly I do not HAVE to tweak for anything for 15s 30s and 45s and about the same for the 60s.
There’s no need to add outside for a soft cut. Now I may do so for positional purposes.
And I promise you there’s no need to tweak my aim.
You’re problem is...you’re giving way too much credit to throw as a negative force.

I can demonstrate what I teach all day long.

Stan Shuffett

Seems like we are going backward again. OK, if you expect to hit center pocket on soft vs hard shots then why in your throw video does one ball go center pocket and the other ball graze the right facing?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like we are going backward again. OK, if you expect to hit center pocket on soft vs hard shots then why in your throw video does one ball go center pocket and the other ball graze the right facing?

You’re nitpicking, Dan.

CTE PRO ONE works as described. I am an imperfect human being and don’t always perform visually and/or physically at 100%. Am I not allowed to pocket a ball in an untidy fashion?

This has to be a joke at this point because for you to continue this silly stuff is looney tunes.

I hope that your harassment to me concerning this topic gets reported.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
You don’t get it.

IN CTE THE SYSTEM LEADS THE PLAYER TO AN ALIGNMENT THAT IS AN OVER-CUT. IT’S A NATURAL ASPECT OF THE SYSTEM. ( There is nothing like that inherent to conventional systems.)

In conventional systems players align and adjust until it feels right. There’s no “ feels right” to it with CTE. Learn the system and the over-cut is a bonus.

Stan Shuffett

No. The player doesn't align until it feels right. It's simple. On a straight in shot you align to a center pocket aim. On a left cut you align slightly away from a center pocket aim, a slight overcut. Instead of looking at where the cb needs to be in order to hit center pocket, you look at where needs to be in order to provide a slight overcut. No mystery, and not based on how it feels, but how it looks.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. The player doesn't align until it feels right. It's simple. On a straight in shot you align to a center pocket aim. On a left cut you align slightly away from a center pocket aim, a slight overcut. Instead of looking at where the cb needs to be in order to hit center pocket, you look at where needs to be in order to provide a slight overcut. No mystery, and not based on how it feels, but how it looks.

Totally incorrect!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

whoops.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don’t get it.

Stan Shuffett

er, what happens if that's not the way the player sees it?

What if I just perceive that shot -- any shot -- differently? You seem to be arguing that everyone sees shots on the table *exactly* the same way at an absolute, mathematically, geometrically, 3D way similar way when clearly, this cannot be so due to physical difference from Player A to Player B to Player C.

It's why your system is an epic fail.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
er, what happens if that's not the way the player sees it?

What if I just perceive that shot -- any shot -- differently? You seem to be arguing that everyone sees shots on the table *exactly* the same way at an absolute, mathematically, geometrically, 3D way similar way when clearly, this cannot be so due to physical difference from Player A to Player B to Player C.

It's why your system is an epic fail.

Lou Figueroa

You can’t explain CTE, so you really don’t know what takes place. You’re firing blanks.

Stan Shuffett

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
My TRUTH SERIES and CTE PRO ONE book will fully explain all critical aspects of Center-to-Edge Aiming and why it is the most objective and accurate aiming system in world.

THREE AIM LINES MAKE ALL SHOTS. That’s something pretty special and the pool world needs to know ALL of the details about how that can happen.

Thank you for your negativity and criticism. It’s been great fuel for preparing my book. I have learned to embrace my critics and their negativity. It just goes with SUCCESS.

Stan Shuffett

Stan I purchased two of your DVD's and just couldn't get a grasp on what it's all about. Watched them until my ears bled.

But I do believe CTE works and would love to come have you teach me but I'm too busy and it's too far. Life is in the way.

How do I go about getting the Truth Series and your Book? Have no issue spending more to support your work but at some point am hoping for it to click.

When will your book be ready for order?

Thanks

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan I purchased two of your DVD's and just couldn't get a grasp on what it's all about. Watched them until my ears bled.

But I do believe CTE works and would love to come have you teach me but I'm too busy and it's too far. Life is in the way.

How do I go about getting the Truth Series and your Book? Have no issue spending more to support your work but at some point am hoping for it to click.

When will your book be ready for order?

Thanks

I appreciate your interest.

I understand.

My free TS will be posted to youtube just prior to my book release. My website will be newly reconstructed just prior to the two releases

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I appreciate your interest.

I understand.

My free TS will be posted to youtube just prior to my book release. My website will be newly reconstructed just prior to the two releases

What state are you in. Anthony?

Stan Shuffett

I am on the west coast.

Thanks for the update will keep an eye on your website.

Any tentative release date?

BTW my name is not Anthony and I have no desire to participate in the mortal feud going on in this forum in case anyone wonders. I have genuine and serious interest in CTE.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am on the west coast.

Thanks for the update will keep an eye on your website.

Any tentative release date?

BTW my name is not Anthony and I have no desire to participate in the mortal feud going on in this forum in case anyone wonders. I have genuine and serious interest in CTE.

Excuse me, Deruki, It’s been a long day. I’m not sure how I got your name mixed up.

My material is in design now. The printing process follows. I’m sorry, but I do not have a date. But it is happening.

Stan Shuffett