Hi hat lighting

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone using multiple LED hi hats above their table. Would use 6 or 8. Ceiling is 10 ft. Thoughts?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well several hi hats spaced out evenly, directly above the Center of the table with LED FLOODS not SPOTS. probably OK, depending on what other light sources illuminate the room- is there a lot of natural light- will their be other substantial lighting throughout the room? Ten foot is pretty high- so I would think the room would need other lighting sources to assist the Hi Hats in illuminating the table - a very good table mechanic should know the right specs and have experience in this evaluation.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have someone that will build a light using 4 8foot tubes. Will install LED's tubes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have someone that will build a light using 4 8foot tubes. Will install LED's tubes

Why tube diffusers? I don't know what type of tube diffusers he'll use, but hopefully you've seen them working as they typically kill a lot of light from LEDs, especially at the sharpest angles. They're great for softening as they kill light, but you'll need extremely bright LEDs to light a table at that height, at least with tubes (other ways not so much).

Also at 10ft., I'm truly jealous as you're in a very desirable position to have a couple of over head cameras.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why tube diffusers? I don't know what type of tube diffusers he'll use, but hopefully you've seen them working as they typically kill a lot of light from LEDs, especially at the sharpest angles. They're great for softening as they kill light, but you'll need extremely bright LEDs to light a table at that height, at least with tubes (other ways not so much).

Also at 10ft., I'm truly jealous as you're in a very desirable position to have a couple of over head cameras.

Hi. No diffusers. I did find a Gold Crown light I might use.

Attachments

• 20E74DFC-D10A-495E-BF52-40E88FB25F5B.jpg
    20E74DFC-D10A-495E-BF52-40E88FB25F5B.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 239

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The trouble with circular lights....they cast circles of light...

DCF93282-CB8A-4711-BBC3-8BF13D5548C6.jpeg

Go with the Gold Crown shade

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The trouble with circular lights....they cast circles of light...

View attachment 550811

Go with the Gold Crown shade

I can't stand those lights. My first table (Gandy Hustler) had a 3 bulb Tiffany type fixture... I used 3 200 watt bulbs. I'd buy a Diamond light but the shipping cost says forget it. I need extremely bright light at my age.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Build your own or hire someone to build it. I built this light to match my GC1. It uses (8) 4' fluorescent bulbs rated at 5000K, 2600 Lumens (each) and 90 CRI. The light is very bright but not too bright. If you are going to use LED bulbs with diffusers, be sure you get frosted bulbs. If they are clear tubes, the light will tiger stripe with diffusers.

49726405502_f7b934fc7f_b.jpg

49726405907_c8b922510b_b.jpg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Build your own or hire someone to build it. I built this light to match my GC1. It uses (8) 4' fluorescent bulbs rated at 5000K, 2600 Lumens (each) and 90 CRI. The light is very bright but not too bright. If you are going to use LED bulbs with diffusers, be sure you get frosted bulbs. If they are clear tubes, the light will tiger stripe with diffusers.

49726405502_f7b934fc7f_b.jpg

49726405907_c8b922510b_b.jpg

I'm looking into something like you have. Nicely done. Very nice set up. Thanks for posting

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 led recessed lights approximately 11 feet above my table, there aren't any spots on my table. Granted my ceiling is vaulted so the fixtures are on an angle, 10/12 pitch.

You can figure 30-40 degrees for the light depending on lamp, and trim being used.
Plenty of information online for installation, Juno has excellent diagrams to help figure on the type of wash you would want for a table.

For me the only con I have is my table is too well lit 😊. Tables that aren't lit well take some adjustments for me.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Here is my new favorite lighting...US Open 9-ball 2019
Lighting is usually overdone in the center...this looks very uniform.

2A57D24A-42E6-49E2-B534-D04C1852E731.jpeg

Looks not expensive....put a dimmer switch on it.