JOB's Sold?

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard this morning that JOB's Billiard Club had been sold.
Does anyone know who bought it and if they are planning any changes?

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard this yesterday. First it was rumored Karen Corr bought it, then I heard it was someone else. Anybody with any info?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Is Karen Corr the house pro at Jobs? It would make sense for her to buy a business about now with the WPBA on life support. Johnnyt

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
My buddy Ricky Gamble bought it. He is from the Knoxville area, really good guy and should do well there.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Is Karen Corr the house pro at Jobs? It would make sense for her to buy a business about now with the WPBA on life support. Johnnyt

I was told she has been back in Europe a lot recently due to her mother's health.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard this morning that JOB's Billiard Club had been sold.
Does anyone know who bought it and if they are planning any changes?

Thanks for the heads up, Hammy. Hope it stays the same or improves, it was a nice place to play. And of course your hospitality was the nuts!

Dave

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's about time....JOB has been trying to sell for years.

He offered it to me 5-6 years (maybe longer) ago for 700K. I'm sure Ricky got a much better price than that. The market has fallen considerably since then.

His health was the big issue. Fibromyalgia has to be real tough to deal with.

He was one tough SOB in his time, I'll tell you!! He once fell off a motorcycle doing 100+ and got up and walked away.

I have known him for over 40 years now, and he's a good guy. Hate to see him pack it up. Ol' Madison, won't be the same.