Who remembers "The Lucky Break"???

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who all remembers the Lucky Break on White Horse Rd that was in Greenville, SC? Anyone got any old school stories?

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who all remembers the Lucky Break on White Horse Rd that was in Greenville, SC? Anyone got any old school stories?

I live about 60 miles away so I played there alot. Jerry the owner, I forget his last name, created alot of action. Some great looking women too.

little willie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jerry banks was the man that owned lucky break seen a lot of good games and players there ronnie allen, dennis hatch, johnny archer tony watson just to name a few that came thru plus he had a card game going on in the back room to a lot of action:thumbup:

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jerry banks was the man that owned lucky break seen a lot of good games and players there ronnie allen, dennis hatch, johnny archer tony watson just to name a few that came thru plus he had a card game going on in the back room to a lot of action:thumbup:

Thank you, Jerry Banks is right. I played Charlie Brinson there. Saw Larry Price, Stevie Moore, Danny Diliberto, etc. There was also a strip joint next door.

What is it now? Mexican restaurant?

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, Jerry Banks is right. I played Charlie Brinson there. Saw Larry Price, Stevie Moore, Danny Diliberto, etc. There was also a strip joint next door.

What is it now? Mexican restaurant?

Last I knew, it was still open but flooded with Latinos. Lots of drunken fights, cops called a bunch. I think Jerry sold it and it went down hill fast, from what I hear. I never got to go there myself though I'm right down the road in Spartanburg.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last I knew, it was still open but flooded with Latinos. Lots of drunken fights, cops called a bunch. I think Jerry sold it and it went down hill fast, from what I hear. I never got to go there myself though I'm right down the road in Spartanburg.

I think this is another room called World Billiards and it's still open. Jerry's has been closed for a number of years.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this is another room called World Billiards and it's still open. Jerry's has been closed for a number of years.

I think you're talking about the large room owned by the billiard player, whose name escapes me at the moment, World Cup Billiards. It's on White Horse Road.
Last I heard was Lucky Break was still open, Jerry did not own it anymore, and it was predominately Latino. That was many years ago now, though.