Mike Sigel Pool Clinic in NJ on Sunday Oct. 16th

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Take advantage of this great opportunity and register while seats are still available!!! Mail your check or money order or simply stop by Sandcastle Billiards to sign-up! :thumbup:

Attachments

• SigelClinic2.jpg
    SigelClinic2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 574

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This sounds like a great deal, I would jump on this in a New York minute. Why does it have to be the same day as the start of the US Open? :-(

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great Ed. I hope I am able to get there. I will talk more this week if you are at Sandcastle this week.
Tell Sal to keep practicing. He almost beat me last time.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Sounds great Ed. I hope I am able to get there. I will talk more this week if you are at Sandcastle this week.
Tell Sal to keep practicing. He almost beat me last time.

I hope so! Will do. See you soon!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know the format of this clinic? Does he lecture to everybody about the same stuff, or does he give individual instruction for 10 minutes at a time or what?

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Does anybody know the format of this clinic? Does he lecture to everybody about the same stuff, or does he give individual instruction for 10 minutes at a time or what?

When I organized a clinic with Mike I was told the 4 hour session would be spilt up into 3 parts. 1 1/2 hours of instruction then 2 hours of one on one instructor with each of the students. I think 30 minutes of trick shots throw in there somewhere but I couldnt remember. Well over a year ago....

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called Sandcastle today and they will probably limit it to 15 people. Half will be instruction on whatever most people want to discuss (9 ball, 8 ball, straight) and the other half will be individual instruction. As of mid day today there were 5 signed up plus me. If they don't get 10 they will cancel, but it looks like they are on track to fill it.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
I called Sandcastle today and they will probably limit it to 15 people. Half will be instruction on whatever most people want to discuss (9 ball, 8 ball, straight) and the other half will be individual instruction. As of mid day today there were 5 signed up plus me. If they don't get 10 they will cancel, but it looks like they are on track to fill it.

Dan,

Your payment has been received and your seat has been reserved.

Thank you!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
This sounds like a great deal, I would jump on this in a New York minute. Why does it have to be the same day as the start of the US Open? :-(

I guess that answers if Mike was going to play the US-Open, that friggin sucks he is skipping it and his free invite.... again.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, with 20 students, and one teacher, that works out to about 5 minutes of one-on-one for each person...hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

When I organized a clinic with Mike I was told the 4 hour session would be spilt up into 3 parts. 1 1/2 hours of instruction then 2 hours of one on one instructor with each of the students. I think 30 minutes of trick shots throw in there somewhere but I couldnt remember. Well over a year ago....

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, with 20 students, and one teacher, that works out to about 5 minutes of one-on-one for each person...hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Wow. Really poor form by Captain Sunscreen.

I've attended a Sigel clinic. Did it change my life? No. Was it worthwhile? Absolutely.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I had the same thought, but was told there would be much more time than that, so maybe 1/2 teaching time and 1/2 one-on-one is a loose idea.

I played pool on several occasions with Jack Colavita watching me play (and he didn't even laugh!) and I never had the nerve to ask him for some pointers. His reputation for that, right or wrong, preceded him and so I didn't want to bother him. If I can pay a few bucks to have Mike Sigel pay attention to my game for even a couple of minutes, I'm going to take the opportunity. I may even see if I can get a private lesson on the side with him.