I am starting to take orders for building a cue....

dom_poppa

Banned
Ladies and Gentleman,

I have decided to start building cues and will be in the market to buy a lathe. I have always wanted to build my very own cue and also make a living doing this.

I have found some suppliers of ivory and some of the finest woods in this world.

My background:

-pool player for 16 years with extensive knowledge of materials
-played with various cues

That's about it.

I will need a 25% deposit and the wait time will be 11 months. During those 11 months I will be practicing. Just be patient you will get your cue.

Only taking orders for 20 cues...and next year only 15....so give me your money and by the time I get efficient enough everyone's cues will be done.

Send me your designs.

P.S. I am dead serious. I will be very good between now and the end of the 11 months. The deposits would be a good way to build capital till I get all the equipment then I can meet the orders. I will have plenty of time to practice my skills.

Last edited:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Well, considering you don't even have a lathe yet then there is already a wait to get one of your cues - so they must be very, very good indeed. :rolleyes:

BTW, you have plenty of time to pick out the equipment. In the meantime buy some wood and sit on it for 10+ years.

dom_poppa

Banned
Well, considering you don't even have a lathe yet then there is already a wait to get one of your cues - so they must be very, very good indeed. :rolleyes:

BTW, you have plenty of time to pick out the equipment. In the meantime buy some wood and sit on it for 10+ years.

Do you need a cue?

Send me your design....11 months and deposits will build enough capital to get my lathe.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
What a coincidence.

I just started taking orders for building exotic super cars.

I've never built a super car yet but I've been driving for 30 years and have driven many cars.

PM for deposit info but beware there's already a wait list.

;)

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on your comments on the other thread about "the old guy" and "the fat guy", I wouldn't send you a quarter.

Additionally, who takes deposits for something they aren't even sure they can do? Anyone who sends you money is an idiot. You want people to fund you to learn how to build cues. And based on your attitude, I'm sure your customer service will be excellent.

I will pass and not be disappointed I missed out when you're famous in the cue world. Thanks.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My background:

-pool player for 16 years with extensive knowledge of materials
-played with various cues

That's about it.

So basically you have no previous experience with wood working, no experience running the various machines needed to build a cue, and no game plan on what style of cue you're going to build(cored, spliced, etc), and you're coming here asking for a 'deposit'?

If you want to treat this as a business start up, then produce a business plan on how you plan to go about making the cues, your purchases, and marketing, then ask for a loan, not a 'deposit' from people.

dom_poppa

Banned
Based on your comments on the other thread about "the old guy" and "the fat guy", I wouldn't send you a quarter.

Additionally, who takes deposits for something they aren't even sure they can do? Anyone who sends you money is an idiot. You want people to fund you to learn how to build cues. And based on your attitude, I'm sure your customer service will be excellent.

I will pass and not be disappointed I missed out when you're famous in the cue world. Thanks.

Please don't insult the many members on AZ that have already put deposits down with other builders. I need to get a piece of that pie too.

This practice is already been done.

I just need to build my capital...and deposits will get me my lathe.

11 months is delivery time and that's it. I'm not promising any earlier so be patient.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don't insult the many members on AZ that have already put deposits down with other builders. I need to get a piece of that pie too.

11 months is delivery time and that's it. I'm not promising any earlier so be patient.

Well you got lucky and edited your post as I was trying to quote it, but yes, we expect you to spend your own money to prove to us that you can even make a cue before we even send you a damn penny.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you got lucky and edited your post as I was trying to quote it, but yes, we expect you to spend your own money to prove to us that you can even make a cue before we even send you a damn penny.

Despite the "ps I'm serious", he is obviously being facetious and just trolling for the sake of trolling.

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chaz Dillon, is that you?

duanet85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don't insult the many members on AZ that have already put deposits down with other builders.

I think those cue builders were building cues while you were playing for those 16 years of experience.

On the other hand I'm now taking orders for handmade cannon barrels from plaster of Paris....

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
All this from a guy that was

trading cues away for guns, and for a guy that was going to get rid of his cue collection, and just go with an inexpensive player cue..... wow!

What's that smell in the air? Oh yeah, now I recognize it!!! :D

dom_poppa

Banned
I think those cue builders were building cues while you were playing for those 16 years of experience.

On the other hand I'm now taking orders for handmade cannon barrels from plaster of Paris....

anyone can be be a cannon barrel maker if they have a garage.

Make sure you get their deposit and give them a long delivery time.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I think the baby oil has seeped through your skin and into your head.

Most guys apprentice for someone or at least start out by doing repairs and minor mods etc. Not you. Impressive. I would send you a check but alas we don't know your name.

Nick

thommy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Most guys apprentice for someone or at least start out by doing repairs and minor mods etc. Not you. Impressive. I would send you a check but alas we don't know your name.

Nick

OH SH#T,

Maybe that is why no confirmation, or maybe because no cost posted.

Back under the bridge Dude.
And if you get the option? Please buy a clue:grin:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Put me in for 10 spots on the wait list. I can sell those later for the price of a good cue.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nick

Actually, some of the greats just bought a lathe and started making great cues pretty much right off the bat.

The names Janes and Stroud come to mind.

In fact I would say most probably start out that way. There have been and are a lot of cue makers. I would say most of them probably started out "on their own".

Indeed some have apprenticed...but many did not. But numerous well know makers do have ties in some way, whether apprenticeship or otherwise, to some mentor though.