Making Shafts For Scruggs

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for everyones input. This cue will be retired.

Last edited:

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had one made for me by Bob Frey.Plays great and ring work matches butt.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
The real problem the OP will have is the Acme joint pin.

Got one myself and finding a cuemaker that can make one is a problem.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I knew about Gulyassy, as I had talked to him about this some time ago.I have my reasons for not considering him.

I didn't know the Cory may have that ability.

Thanks.

Standard pin for Gulyassy cues or
you can check with Cory Barnhart

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Leon has Scruggs entire taper machine..
Does anyone know Leon's cell number? Not the Jessup one. Lol
Leon's phone is disconnected, Bob Frey or Rick Phillippi are capable cue makers to work on Scruggs. Rick has Scruggs logo programmed with Timmy's permission for repairs only.#410-437-2386

Last edited:

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
I'm guessing on Cory but worth it to ask.
Tim had Cory put his shaft taper in his c&c machine. Cory set up Tim’s machines, now Sly has Tim’s computerized lathe thanks to me but wish I never did because he’s a crooked lying bum.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim had Cory put his shaft taper in his c&c machine. Cory set up Tim’s machines,

Cory is a great guy and good friend. He also has access to my taps if he ever chooses to need them. The only other Cue maker today, that I've offered them to is Travis of Blackcreek. I'm very protective of my tools.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory is a great guy and good friend. He also has access to my taps if he ever chooses to need them. The only other Cue maker today, that I've offered them to is Travis of Blackcreek. I use to let many Cue makers borrow my taps. Because they are expensive to get made, I always shipped them priority with insurance. Some didn't come back. Others came back snail mail. No signature or insurance. Talk about total disrespect. Imagine that. Being able to borrow a tool, no rental charge so you can make money on a job you had no business taking to begin with. And couldn't even return it properly.
Now I'm a dick for telling them "NO". Ain't that somethin.:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I'm a dick for telling them "NO". Ain't that somethin.:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

I know exactly what you mean about tools. That's why as a retired Tool maker I still
have a toolbox that weighs about 750 lbs.I did'nt want to borrow tools because I
would'nt loan mine out.haha. Many are special and some are one of a kind.
V-vise or other custom grinding vises.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know exactly what you mean about tools. That's why as a retired Tool maker I still
have a toolbox that weighs about 750 lbs.I did'nt want to borrow tools because I
would'nt loan mine out.haha. Many are special and some are one of a kind.
V-vise or other custom grinding vises.

Amen. Many taps in my inventory were special ordered. The one you need is a 2 piece set as in many acme taps.