Places to play around Denver

SonjaBlue03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm back :thumbup:

I know about Felt's Tuesday night 9ball, Saturday night 7 ft 9 ball and Sunday alternating tournaments. Any other good places to play?

Thanks!

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Felt is the best room. If you like miniature tables there's Mile High Billiards in Arvada. They also have 4 9-foot Diamonds, but the pockets are super tight (too tight, I think).

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also live in Thornton, and you pretty much need to settle for bar boxes if you want to stay in the area. Mile High has several Diamond boxes, four stoooooopid tight big tables, and a snooker table.
Another option is Zoosters up around 120th. Very fun room with diamond boxes. There are a few other options like Loves Shack, and The Wreck Room, but I'm not sure what your odds of running into 'players' would be.

Dave

SonjaBlue03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I don’t mind practicing on barboxes. Driving 40 minutes to Felt is just a hike.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I don’t mind practicing on barboxes. Driving 40 minutes to Felt is just a hike.

But well worth it. Pretty much all highway.
Real tables
Real players
Good food
And Measureman is there during the day on Saturday.
What more could you want?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there Saturday. Introduce yourself if you see me, please. :)

How will I know who you are?
You could ask the counter person for Bruce.
You could just look for an old guy with gray hair,but on Saturday morning that could take awhile.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm back :thumbup:

I know about Felt's Tuesday night 9ball, Saturday night 7 ft 9 ball and Sunday alternating tournaments. Any other good places to play?

Thanks!

I live in Thorton. There's a 2:00 tournament on Fridays and Saturdays at Thirsty's Sports Pub on 104th and Marion. Friday is $5.00 to get in and Saturday is $10.00, race to 2 alternate break. Tends to be a smaller field on Friday and Saturday is around 20 or more. Saturdays tends to have the stronger players as well with about 6-10 players that can break and run at any time. There are 4 Valley bar boxes that aren't "great" by any means but not complete trash either. All the players are very friendly and I've met some great people playing there. More of a bar so don't expect a pool hall type atmosphere, but cheap pitchers if you're into that ;)

Also, you can check out Zooster's on Nickel St in Broomfield. They have about 15 Diamond bar tables with Simonis and tight pockets. Saturday night tournament starts at 6:30 I believe and it's $12 to get in. Race to 4 8-ball on the winner's side and race to 4 9-ball on the loser's side. Also some real strong players that play out of there so you'll get some good competition. The owner Danny is a great guy, super friendly and a joy to be around. Best of luck finding a place to play, and don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like more info.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also forgot to add that Love's Shack near 72nd and Pecos has free all day pool on Sundays as long as you buy a $3 drink minimum (a soda). Good place to get some practice for cheap. Nick the bartender is a very good pool player and he works the Sunday shift fairly regularly, and I've run into a couple other good players that happen to stop in but not sure how regular they are.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son Jin and I are usually at Felt but we do venture to the wreck room, Thirstys, BC's, MHBilliards and others from time to time. Come and say hello if you see us :)

Attachments

• 20180915_233222.jpg
    20180915_233222.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 91

SonjaBlue03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m a tiny blonde that plays with a Bob Frey sneaky Pete :) Used to play pretty well when I was consistently competing in and around the Baltimore area. I’ve only played one tournament since I moved here in 2014. Trying to get back in stroke.

SonjaBlue03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. I’m more into the pool atmosphere rather than a bar if that makes sense.