Happy Father’s Day

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all had one........many of us are......or will be......but Fathers are indeed very special.
Every one of them represents the seed of life & without dads, the world would not exist.

So to each of you, honor your dad today, or his memory. If you unfortunately suffered a
dysfunctional or abusive relationship with yours, then make sure you never exhibit those
traits and become the man that your dad was not. And if you were blessed with a loving
father, it is your responsibility to pay it forward....with interest.....so that your children can
learn the right way to grow up, deal with life’s responsibilities and they too can pass it on.

Happy Dad’s Day......Just Remember Yours Today.....Then Try To Be An Even Better One.

Matt B.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice post bava

me and mine didn't always relate
but he was a good man
and he put a cue in my hand

cheers pal
and to dads-

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
there's so much crap going on in the world right now. Just heard we're about to lose Eskimo Pies to the PC police.

Couldn't you have just said Happy Fathers Day guys instead of getting all Dr. Phil on us?

Don't we have enough on our plates?

Happy Fathers Day all. belated.

best,
brian kc

We all had one........many of us are......or will be......but Fathers are indeed very special.
Every one of them represents the seed of life & without dads, the world would not exist.

So to each of you, honor your dad today, or his memory. If you unfortunately suffered a
dysfunctional or abusive relationship with yours, then make sure you never exhibit those
traits and become the man that your dad was not. And if you were blessed with a loving
father, it is your responsibility to pay it forward....with interest.....so that your children can
learn the right way to grow up, deal with life’s responsibilities and they too can pass it on.

Happy Dad’s Day......Just Remember Yours Today.....Then Try To Be An Even Better One.

Matt B.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My dad died in 2011. I miss him dearly, but he lives on in me and my two brothers, all of whom were shaped by him, and influenced and taught by him for the better.

Yes, he's no longer with me, but I think about my dad every day of every week, and he remains a role model for me, especially when it comes to how to treat others.

Happy father's day to all.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
My dad died in 2011. I miss him dearly, but he lives on in me and my two brothers, all of whom were shaped by him, and influenced and taught by him for the better.

Yes, he's no longer with me, but I think about my dad every day of every week, and he remains a role model for me, especially when it comes to how to treat others.

Happy father's day to all.

ouch!

I'm a work in progress, I suppose.

still trying to get a handle on what kind of new world it is that's emerging before our very eyes. I think it was a little too close to all this change for me to receive advice on honoring my dad or what to do if my dad was dysfunctional or abusive and what kind of example I should be setting for my kids. Never heard any such talk in any of the pool rooms I've been in.

I'm a dinosaur.

With benefit of hindsight, an overreaction, no doubt.

best,
brian kc

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if my post came across as advice to others on how they should feel, think or act.
It was never intended that way. Your relationship with your dad or your children is yours.
Whom am I, or anyone else, to offer advice to other readers about their feelings on this?

All I was attempting is to raise everyone’s consciousness about what yesterday signified.
I realize, having come from a disruptive childhood, that everyone relates differently in life.
I composed the thread with sincere intentions merely as food for thought for others to ponder.

If this thread gave anyone mild indigestion, don’t worry, it will soon pass just like Father’s Day.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Sorry if my post came across as advice to others on how they should feel, think or act.
It was never intended that way. Your relationship with your dad or your children is yours.
Whom am I, or anyone else, to offer advice to other readers about their feelings on this?

All I was attempting is to raise everyone’s consciousness about what yesterday signified.
I realize, having come from a disruptive childhood, that everyone relates differently in life.
I composed the thread with sincere intentions merely as food for thought for others to ponder.

If this thread gave anyone mild indigestion, don’t worry, it will soon pass just like Father’s Day.

Go back and read your orig post and you'll find instructive comments like: honor your dad today, or his memory. If you unfortunately suffered a
traits and become the man that your dad was not
. And if you were blessed with a loving
learn the right way to grow up
, deal with life’s responsibilities and they too can pass it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My point is that with what's going on in the world, I'm on instructional overload. I'm tired of being told what I should be thinking, feeling and doing about far too many topics.

AZB is a refuge for me from all of the insanity. Last thing I want is to come on here and find more instructions on what I should be feeling in my personal life.

May not have been what you intended but that's how it felt to me on top of all the other bs

Don't think that I don't know this is an overreaction because I do.

But still, stop the fcking insanity!!!!