Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 2019 World 14.1 Tournament
Page 5 of 11 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-02-2019, 09:41 AM

That's unfortunate. Lack of European or Filipino players.

Old
  (#62)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
That's unfortunate. Lack of European or Filipino players.
Tom Storm flew in

Old
  (#63)
wrldpro
H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
wrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
But that is a bit of a cliche, right?

There are literally only three people with a chance of winning this, Hohman, Schmidt, or SVB. Then there are three other pros, Archer, Deuel, and Eberle. That's it, plus a couple of semi retired old pros and short stops/regional guys.

I couldn't imagine being a pro and going to this event and sitting here for a week for what should be a 2 day tournament given that player list.

This is no Championship. The guy ought to just to cancel the event if he can't get a paid set of committed pros by a certain drop date.

The streaming charge is just an insulting (and clueless) money grab given the absurdity of the round robins, etc. I know I'll go over there Thursday night and some Dragon clown will try to harass me to buy an overpriced ticket to watch one round and have some crappy chair on the sideline. I probably won't go back for Friday & Saturday if that is the case.
Very well said.. People wonder why 14.1 is in the dumps. However Dragon is trying to charge about the highest rates for a stream out there. Unfortunately without someone taking everything over and making it an official World Championship that results in the winner getting a World title this event is basically done from here out. As a 300+ ball runner that loves the game I wouldn’t watch this event for free. As for the players of the event most of them need any little scraps of money they can get but won’t be much left over after Dragon gets his .

"Justis Cases the Choice of Champions Cuemakers & Collectors"

Efren Allison EddieTaylor StevieMoore, VanBoening Orcullo LeeVan Corteza Bustamante Alcano Jeanette Lee GaYoungkim Souquet Hopkins Archer,Buddy

Szamboti,Searing,Scruggs,Tonkin

Will Prout,TheGlenns,Kerner,Tikkler

And many more that trust to protect their cues traveling the world to make a living & protect all their high end constructed cues & investments.
.www.americanmadematters.com/index.php[/url]

Old
  (#64)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 12:12 PM

This case is not better than nothing IMO. All marketing is unethical. They uses same stuff what virus and spam sites do. Shame.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Old
  (#65)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
... They uses same stuff what virus and spam sites do. Shame.
I'm not sure what you mean; can you explain more?

Old
  (#66)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
I'm not sure what you mean; can you explain more?
I think it got lost in the Finnish translation.

For one, their posters and posts and stuff like that are close to being "click bait". They insinuate that players are going to be there and they aren't. They show a poster that could lead most people to think that those players will be there but really those are just past champs.

They also used to have an email list that you couldn't unsubscribe to and I put them on an auto delete upstream on the gmail server itself. No idea if those still come out or not.

Old
  (#67)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Have to side with Bobby on this one. I've heard the same thing he's saying about backing certain players and placing them advantageously, from 2 pro players, one of whom was advertised as going to play this year. Was a bit stunned because he said a few years ago he'd never play in one of Charlies tournaments again.
As it turns out, he's not playing, so I have to assume Williams saying he was going to play was an outright fabrication. How he continues to suck rooms into hosting this event is baffling.
One guy, who plays every year, is Hohmann. I know he loves 14.1 and is thought of as a great guy but maybe it's time he thought a little about doing what's right.

Old
  (#68)
BryanB
Huge Balls
BryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond reputeBryanB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-03-2019, 06:52 AM

Are there daily match results posted anywhere?

Bryan
USAF Retired 1988-2009

Playing cue: Doug Patrick
Jump: Caveman Cues (Ruben Silva) https://m.facebook.com/Caveman-Custo...7541689443979/

ACS Level 2 Instructor
OB Cues - Dealer & Player representative
Magic Chalk Dealer

Old
  (#69)
BigDeal52
Don Pearce
BigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond reputeBigDeal52 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-03-2019, 08:47 AM

I have the same question. I have looked around and could not find the results posted.

I love my Jacoby Edge Hybrid

Calcutta..??
Old
  (#70)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Calcutta..?? - 12-03-2019, 10:00 AM

I heard they had a player auction. Never heard of ANY WC having a calcutta. Kinda lo-rent in my book. The whole deal looks kinda bush-league to me.

Old
  (#71)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2019, 12:11 PM

A friendly, very nice post from John Schmidt's very supportive wife, (seen on Facebook this AM):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:  John Schmidt's wife understandably proud of hubby.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  95.8 KB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#72)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2019, 01:09 PM

I mentioned this in a thread last year, but I would love to see the World Championship revived in the old format from 40's and prior. These events struggle to get much in the way of sponsorship money, so a MIH style round-robin tournament is probably the best way to do it.

Let's say an 8 player round-robin, that is comprised of the American 14.1 Champ, European 14.1 Champ, Defending Champ, Runner Up, Wild Card and whatever other regional 14.1 Champions that makes sense. The Make It Happen 14.1 tournaments were a lot of fun, you got to see your favourite player play multiple times and every match was with two top players.

I used to really enjoy the dragon 14.1 events in the late 00's and early 10's, but they've fallen well short of where they were when the top players were actually competing in them. I think the last decent one was the year Appleton ran 200 and out.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#73)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

12-03-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Smith View Post
I mentioned this in a thread last year, but I would love to see the World Championship revived in the old format from 40's and prior. These events struggle to get much in the way of sponsorship money, so a MIH style round-robin tournament is probably the best way to do it.

Let's say an 8 player round-robin, that is comprised of the American 14.1 Champ, European 14.1 Champ, Defending Champ, Runner Up, Wild Card and whatever other regional 14.1 Champions that makes sense. The Make It Happen 14.1 tournaments were a lot of fun, you got to see your favourite player play multiple times and every match was with two top players.

I used to really enjoy the dragon 14.1 events in the late 00's and early 10's, but they've fallen well short of where they were when the top players were actually competing in them. I think the last decent one was the year Appleton ran 200 and out.
I'd like to never see a round robin again. They are just dumb.

Old
  (#74)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Smith View Post

Not a bad idea but there's just too much that needs to happen for that kind of event to actually happen.

personally, I would love to see something like a prize fight setup between two players, the champion and the challenger, in a race to 500 or even 1,000 to determine who the 14.1 champion of the world is. And then that person can be challenged every 6 months or so. Maybe put up $1000 for the match and try to get some sponsors to put more money for the players and promoters.

As a side note, I think someone should consider buying the rights to the US Open 14.1 name and try to start up something with that. I have a weird feeling that this will be the last year of Charlie Williams' world event and then we will have the American 14.1 as the only major 14.1 championship in the US.

Old
  (#75)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

12-03-2019, 02:51 PM

Looking at their match scheduling I wonder if the pool hall told them all matches had to be done by 6:00 so they don't lose their regular evening business. Guess I won't go over Thursday evening. Might check the quarters and semis out on Friday as I got the day off.

Page 5 of 11 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: