Stacked leather wrap

Dchouinard

Registered
I just ordered a predator roadline 4 point cue with a stacked leather wrap for my wife. I was wondering how this wrap compares to others, because I have been playing pool for 20 years and can’t say I have ever shot with one. She likes the luxe leather wrap I have on my sp2 but she didn’t care for Irish linen on my McDermott. I thought she would like the stacked leather. Thoughts?

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Here's a couple of pictures, not real good ones, but these were my cues..I love the feel and look of stack leather.....I always have the Tiger booth do them in Vegas at BCA...They can match the colors in your cue and it is smooth, almost like playing with a no wrap cue..
It's like a leather shoe string that wraps around like a linen wrap but thicker and leather and can match colors in your cue...Notice the black and brown in the first cue...
Everyone to their own taste but I'm sure she'll be pleased with it...It's nothing like linen...

Attachments

• 100_1481.jpg
    100_1481.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 657
  • 100_1026.jpg
    100_1026.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 502

Dchouinard

Registered
I hope she likes it because it took me a month of asking her what she likes with the cues we already own and she shot with a couple of my friends cues. She loves the revo, so I knew I had to get her a revo shaft. When it came to the butt there were several options especially since seyberts will let you upgrade any predator cue to a revo shaft for an extra 200. I also wanted to stay under 1000 bucks for the whole cue, the stacked leather wrap was the only wrap we couldn’t try. I got the roadline plus revo for like 830. Also I’m sorry if I have two of the same threads in the forum, the first one I wrote wasn’t showing up so I wrote another and couldn’t figure out how to delete it

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you guys use to maintain the stacked leather wrap? Beeswax? Pledge with wax in it?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you guys use to maintain the stacked leather wrap? Beeswax? Pledge with wax in it?
The real expert here is PBIA Master Instructor Lance Cowles, out of Battle Creek MI. He did all the stacked wrap work for Seyberts for several years, and the Tiger boys consider him an expert at installing stacked wrap leather. He has a bunch of pictures on his FB...Cuesports of Battle Creek. If you're interested in playing better, Lance is an expert player and teacher. He plays all games, but really loves 1-pocket. He does great video analysis, and can teach strategy at the most advanced levels. He posts here only occasionally, as Bossman69.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I just ordered a predator roadline 4 point cue with a stacked leather wrap for my wife. I was wondering how this wrap compares to others, because I have been playing pool for 20 years and can’t say I have ever shot with one. She likes the luxe leather wrap I have on my sp2 but she didn’t care for Irish linen on my McDermott. I thought she would like the stacked leather. Thoughts?
I think she will. They are better after a few week break in. At first they are a little sticky. They are great wrap, next best thing to wrapless. To refinish the wrap, Tiger does a great job.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
What do you guys use to maintain the stacked leather wrap? Beeswax? Pledge with wax in The
In Vegas, BCA, I have Tiger booth always put my stack leather on....The gentleman that does it has 50 years experience with leather ....
He showed me what he uses and it is sold by Tiger products...You can find it on line also..It works really great...No running or streaks or bubbles goes on so smooth and leather looks brand new for months after... On stack leather or regular one piece leather wrap's....
It's in a spray can...It's called MASTER, QUICK SHINE....It's a white can with a Lion on it....It's made for all leather...Shoes, luggage, hand bags, belts...I swear by this stuff...
I have done other players cue's for them and they are impressed at the out come..Makes an old leather wrap look like new....

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Vegas, BCA, I have Tiger booth always put my stack leather on....The gentleman that does it has 50 years experience with leather ....
He showed me what he uses and it is sold by Tiger products...You can find it on line also..It works really great...No running or streaks or bubbles goes on so smooth and leather looks brand new for months after... On stack leather or regular one piece leather wrap's....
It's in a spray can...It's called MASTER, QUICK SHINE....It's a white can with a Lion on it....It's made for all leather...Shoes, luggage, hand bags, belts...I swear by this stuff...
I have done other players cue's for them and they are impressed at the out come..Makes an old leather wrap look like new....
Wow! Sounds awesome. I'll have to check that stuff out. Thanks!

Last edited:

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out Ryan Theewen (ratcues). Probably the best person who does stacked leather wraps.
Yep. He did a stacked leather wrap for me years ago through Mueller on a Viking f-02. It was beautiful, dark and light gray. I ended up losing the cue, but man do I miss it and I've thought about it ever since. I actually messaged him earlier and he recommend using some q wax. I just applied it and buffed it out a little while ago and man what a difference. It looks shiny and new. ✨👌

Last edited: