George middledich

dmyles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure on the spelling of the last name. I just got word that George died today from a massive heart attack. He will be missed.

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Shock !!!

My condolences to his family.

George was a great player and a gentlemen.

I saw him last month beat Rafael Martinez at California Billiards.

We will all miss him. Rest in peace George, Barney

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice man, talked to george at the derby in 07 & 08 to get his friend jim mataya signature. He was a great talent, had many stories about the RACK in Detroit! He will be missed! His family has my condolence.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Ohhh noooo. :(

VERY SAD :(

George played very well and had a story for everything. He was the guy who introduced me to Tooth. He had a heart of gold ---

Godspeed, George

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
George Middleditch

This is REALLY bad news.

God Speed and God Bless his family.

A really interesting pool guy for many years.

He will be missed.

Mark Griffin

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
George was a helluva guy and a pretty fair player himself. He was one of the top exhibition players in the 70's and 80's, criss-crossing the country with his gorgeous wife, towing a trailer that held his own table. He was shooting big time stroke shots before Mike Massey came along. George hung with the gambling crowd and often held the money. He was one guy no one would mess with. He ran with Jimmy Mataya for many years, watching his back and looking out for him. I last saw George at this year's DCC. He was telling stories about the old days and having a great time with his old buddies like me.

Rack 'em up! St. Peter just got a good one! :D

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a kind man with a passion for pool. George was the ultimate entertainer and loved every minute of it in front of a large crowd. I watched him put on a show at the DCC and Super Billiards Expo, and he was great. :smile:

The last time I spoke to him, he was calling our home because he heard a rumor that Keith had had a massive heart attack, which of course was not true.

He was 75 years old. George had a family who loved him deeply. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Attachments

• 164108_174323995935868_100000748078532_417979_1673796_n[1].jpg
    164108_174323995935868_100000748078532_417979_1673796_n[1].jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 193

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George actually worked for me back in the mid 90s as a part time sales person of a woodworking tool company. He was a very outgoing, gregarious, and funny guy. My condolences to out to his family.

That card trick is the nuts.

Brian in VA

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
One of my oldest, and dearest friends. May you rest in peace.

Not cool George...lol We were in the middle of planning a cross country tour...I was going to be his driver and..etc. He was trying to get some kind of huge RV for us...

George had went across our land with a bus and a pool table one time before, towing a table behind him from town to town. Setting it up in hotels, and market parking lots all over the US. Our first stop was already planned we were just waiting on the RV to come in. George had just landed a huge sponsor for us, and was working it out with them. I guess my lessons are over. I feel so lucky to have got to know George besides the pool game he was one of the funniest guys I ever met. You can see him in the video in my signature he is helping out during one of my shows. We never quit hazing each other, the ruder the better. We have made each other cry laughing at least ten times together. He always called me kid and I always called him old man...He was my brother...and this hurts...

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So sorry to hear this. George was one of the regulars at the Rack when I was ocassionally there in the early-mid 70's. He was an entertainer then and I guess he continued to be until he passed. RIP George.

He told a story/joke once at the Rack that I still remember: This guy was with a lady of the evening and when he pulled his pants down, she asked "who are you going to please with that?", the guy said "me!". Of course there may have been a few colorful words along with that ;).

RIP George.

Dave

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
George

Love him or hate him, George was pool in Michigan and everywhere. There weren't many places you could go where pool was being played at higher levels without finding George there.

George has so many lifelong friends so for those that only knew the loud guy that they thought was obnoxious, know there was a great person there.

George was only comfortable if he could steal the show and almost always did. He will be sorely missed and certain events will be lesser events without his presence.

The last good story of George I have is from the Alpena month of pool events I run. We brought in Johnny, Corey, Hillbilly and Earl for the weekend to play in the open event and also perform shows. Earl was practicing for his portion of the show trying some great timing shots and trick shots.
George couldnt take it after seeing Earl miss a couple practice tries so George yells out youre doing it wrong jesus Earl what a champion let me show you how its done. He went to Earls table, grabbed a stick and started to show Earl how it should be done!
Most people were shocked and waited for Earl to hit George but Earl was perfect that weekend and only shook his head and went on. The crowd that was already forming laughed for quite some time because many knew George because he often hung out in Alpena and had many close friends there.

Love him or hate him...............he made events come to life somehow. You always knew something was going to be done that people would talk about for years to come.

My boyfriend Greg and his children were very close with George and this is devastating to them as it must be to so many.

George would say he was in his 80s and could still dance and oh boy did he ever dance if he had a couple beers. Something that I cant erase from memory :)

Any loss to the pool world is a large one and losing anyone from our tight knit pool family never gets easier, even if they lived to a very nice old age.

God bless George and his wife Judy. I know hes hustling somebody somewhere but we will surely miss it here!