Video of Penguin pro cut rails vs standard

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
SORRY for the orientation at the beginning of the clip.

This is a video of Penguin pro cut rails installed vs the standard Penguin rails which were on before.

Haven't played yet, so don't have any answers on how they play.
Customer service was pretty good though.

https://youtu.be/xXt4Z2SZlpo

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Didn't notice before you said anything.
Any idea why that is?

Here's what we did:

1. Corner pocket angles are now cut at 51 degrees (call it 141 if you want)

2. Corner pocket opening is now 4 1/4"

3. Cushion facings are now 3/16", 60 durometer neoprene (Standard facings are 70 duro SBR rubber)

4. The rails are "thicker" creating a deeper shelf Check the picture to see how much ball can hide behind the end of the rail and not fall!

5. Premium Penguin Brand K55 cushion rather than the gutless K66 "brown stuff"

6. We do not use spray on contact cement like the competition. Each piece of rubber is sanded and attached with resin glue for the best no-void bond.

7. Weight These rails weigh just under 15 pounds per set. A new Valley set is 10 pounds. Our new PRO POCKET rail set is SO SOLID you will be amazed. The thunk is gone. Very quiet and so fast.

These rails are not intended for the casual player. These rails are for the serious player who wants to sharpen his game and kick some butt on league night. When you swap your old set back on (takes 10 minutes tops) it will feel like you are shooting balls into a bucket. Now you have to aim for the opening and give your shots respect. There are no more gimmes. Ya gotta AIM! If you like the way a Diamond plays, this is what you are after. By the way, the 3/16" facings are a bit softer and feel like you are hitting the cushion instead of wood.

These rails for the older style (pre 2001) Valley 93" table. Have a different size? Give us a call for pricing & availability.

Interesting that the side pocket is no different???

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Didn't notice before you said anything.
Any idea why that is?

Here's what we did:

1. Corner pocket angles are now cut at 51 degrees (call it 141 if you want)

2. Corner pocket opening is now 4 1/4"

3. Cushion facings are now 3/16", 60 durometer neoprene (Standard facings are 70 duro SBR rubber)

4. The rails are "thicker" creating a deeper shelf Check the picture to see how much ball can hide behind the end of the rail and not fall!

5. Premium Penguin Brand K55 cushion rather than the gutless K66 "brown stuff"

6. We do not use spray on contact cement like the competition. Each piece of rubber is sanded and attached with resin glue for the best no-void bond.

7. Weight These rails weigh just under 15 pounds per set. A new Valley set is 10 pounds. Our new PRO POCKET rail set is SO SOLID you will be amazed. The thunk is gone. Very quiet and so fast.

These rails are not intended for the casual player. These rails are for the serious player who wants to sharpen his game and kick some butt on league night. When you swap your old set back on (takes 10 minutes tops) it will feel like you are shooting balls into a bucket. Now you have to aim for the opening and give your shots respect. There are no more gimmes. Ya gotta AIM! If you like the way a Diamond plays, this is what you are after. By the way, the 3/16" facings are a bit softer and feel like you are hitting the cushion instead of wood.

These rails for the older style (pre 2001) Valley 93" table. Have a different size? Give us a call for pricing & availability.

Side pockets are usuall 1/2" bigger than the corners. I just installed a set of these on a customers valley. Fred an Penguin do a great job, just wondering why they would not make the sides tighter too? I do know that 5" sides are super tough. I guess less than 5" would really limit the shot making ability from certain angles. RKC might chime in.

Trent from Toledo

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Just got an email back.

"They actually work out to be just a little tighter but squeezing the side pockets shut only helps in a straight-on shot. You still want to be able to bank and cut shots. (at least that's what the good players told me lol)"

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
What do you think of them
Im going to be buying the procut ones tmrw for my 6.5fter

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side pockets are usuall 1/2" bigger than the corners. I just installed a set of these on a customers valley. Fred an Penguin do a great job, just wondering why they would not make the sides tighter too? I do know that 5" sides are super tough. I guess less than 5" would really limit the shot making ability from certain angles. RKC might chime in.

Trent from Toledo

From what I know Penguin doesn’t change the side pockets, they only reduce the corners.

That is why I had Penguin further reduce my corner pockets to an even 4 inches, normally they reduce them to 4.25 inches.

On my table it’s 4 inch corners and 4.5 inch sides.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got them on my table! One of the best investments into my game as far as equipment wise. I always feel like I’m playing in to buckets when i go our to places with standard rails. Went to buddy’s house last night killed on his bar box with standard rails. Buy them you wont regret it!

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Got them on my table! One of the best investments into my game as far as equipment wise. I always feel like I’m playing in to buckets when i go our to places with standard rails. Went to buddy’s house last night killed on his bar box with standard rails. Buy them you wont regret it!

That's what im hoping for
Bought em early today lol

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I thought it was the best investment I could have made.

Balls that normally go on a Valley don't go with the new rails.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
i got mine on today finally and on the 1st few racks im suprised it really isnt TOO Much hard to make a ball, it spits em easier for sure, but making long shots, not TOO much harder like i was expecting,

still happy with it and the new simonis