Filler's Victory Celebration

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mixed thoughts. Tossing his cue was different but it is his cue. Jumping on the table. It looked like he did it just to do it. He was only up there for a couple seconds and then seemed like he second guessed himself for doing it.

He should celebrate. He just won the World 9 ball and 30k at 21 years old.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we bored people? Seriously, a 21yr old kid snaps-off one of the biggest events in the game and now its time to rate/grade his celebration?? Who cares. Lets just hope the only ass he grabs is his girlfriend's. ;)

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool needs choreographed celebrations after each rack.

Works for the NFL after touchdowns.

JC

Coos Cues
I thought the Filipino was uncharacteristically sour about his mistakes as the match took place. Compared to the normal demeanor you see his behavior looked on the verve of some tantrums over some of his poor shots and bad rolls. I was glad the little gay kid won.

JC

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the Filipino was uncharacteristically sour about his mistakes as the match took place. Compared to the normal demeanor you see his behavior looked on the verve of some tantrums over some of his poor shots and bad rolls. I was glad the little gay kid won.

JC
Seen his gf(actually wife now)?? Pretty cheap shot dude. Wow.

rramsey0011

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can think of other things that happens on pool tables that aren't being mentioned. Anyways great win for the kid.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
My comment is less to do with the celebration but something else that has me wondering.

Has anyone ever seen Joshua Filler and "Pharma Bro" in a room at the same time?

Aha, didn't think so.....

Could it be.....? :confused:

Attachments

• filler-pharma-bro-1.jpg
    filler-pharma-bro-1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 326
  • filler-pharma-bro-2.jpg
    filler-pharma-bro-2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 326

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry if I was mistaken I honestly thought that. He was running willy nilly over the mosconi cup set too after they won.

JC

I was just going to comment that he learned this behavior from playing on the European Mosconi Cup team in 2017. He was not the only one.

It was a great win so he deserves to celebrate how he chooses. I could not imagine the pent up anxiety and pressure they were all under that needed to be released.

JimGinPhx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my fantasy Mosconi Cup team. Mosconi , of course, Greenleaf, Lassiter, Worst and Crane.
Lassiter sinks the winning ball, throws his cue INTO the stands, jumps on the table, grabs his crotch, does a little jig then jumps into his team mates arms, all the while screaming like a banshee.
Maybe for us older dudes who grew up at a time when 14.1 was the main game and players were reserved, the newer stuff looks a little over the top.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nothing to do with age here, just enthusiasm. For almost any player, winning the world 9-ball championship is the moment of a pool lifetime. Outside of profanity, disrespect for opponents, or compromising safety standards, I'm fine with any kind of celebration a world champion opts for. The winners go nuts at many a sporting event, and observing and sharing their joy is, to me, a significant part of the sporting experience.

I respect those that choose to be less animated, but I most definitely prefer those in sport who let their emotions fly out when they accomplish something very special.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody mentioned the reaction of Carlo while Joshua was celebrating. Carlo was smiling heartily and acted like a true champion and sportsmen who knew very good how it feels like after winning the title last year. He looked happy for the Kid at that moment and I appreciated that moment very much because that's a great ability to respect and be happy for the one who deserved to win. That is the ability of really GREAT players and personalities.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Being perfectly candid (as always) and I think it goes away from the majority opinion on this thread but I find Joshua's celebration style distasteful.

I'm asking myself why exactly this is. I remember when Busty won and circled the perimeter with joy high fiving everyone he could and I was perfectly okay with that and similar other celebrations like with Darren, Johnny, Earl, etc.

There may be something to his starting to celebrate before the last balls are pocketed or the barking noise or, for me, maybe more likely is that *he is* so young and when these other guys are doing it it feels like they paid a lot of dues to get there.

Odd how different players can strike us all so differently.

In no way diminishing his accomplishment because it is huge so Congrats Joshua Filler. I do find myself, however, rooting for his opponents more than not.

Hey, how about when Kid Delicious beat Earl in a big tourney in New England and somehow got himself up on the table - how could anyone not love that? :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Nothing to do with age here, just enthusiasm. For almost any player, winning the world 9-ball championship is the moment of a pool lifetime. Outside of profanity, disrespect for opponents, or compromising safety standards, I'm fine with any kind of celebration a world champion opts for. The winners go nuts at many a sporting event, and observing and sharing their joy is, to me, a significant part of the sporting experience.

I respect those that choose to be less animated, but I most definitely prefer those in sport who let their emotions fly out when they accomplish something very special.

Well said.