Pool glove recommendations

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmmm...imagine that. A $9 pool glove just like a Molinari made in the same country as a Molinari.

$40 for a Molinari glove??? Pool players are some of the biggest suckers in the world.

Maniac (found that out when Kamui chalk came out)

Molinari’s were like $15 until they got popular ... Then they made version 2 and jacked up the price. They do last a long time I’ll give them that.

I love when people say kumui chalk is so expensive.. I Play every day and have been using the same piece for almost 18 months .. how is that so expensive lol

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally not a fan of the second skin gloves. Just bought one and three hours of play the stitching is come undone in multiple spots.

Anyone know where I could find some of the ibs gloves?

I can’t argue with that. The second one I bought had the stitching come out at the palm in a few months.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heres my Molinari glove. I think its a year and a half old. I have a new one in my case but this one still seems OK to me. I play at least 25 hours a week.

picture.php

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I love when people say kumui chalk is so expensive.. I Play every day and have been using the same piece for almost 18 months .. how is that so expensive lol

I love it when people try to justify spending $25 for a piece of chalk.

I bought a gross of blue Master's chalk for that price 10 years ago and there will still be plenty of it left when I die. Try all you want but your Kamui chalk is nowhere near the value of a gross of Master's chalk.

That said, I fully understand personal preference and I begrudge no one for the choices they make. So yes, if Kamui chalk is what is best for your game, then by all means that is what you should be using.

And just for clarification, I cannot count how many times I've seen SVB chalking his cue with Master's chalk, so you cannot discount it as being an inferior product.

Here's a short, funny story concerning a piece of Kamui chalk. A friend and I were playing 9-ball one night on a valley bar box and I was shooting the money ball in for the set. As the 9-ball was tracking towards the pocket, my friend threw his Kamui chalk at the ball and it hit the table and went right into a corner pocket. No recovery....might as well have thrown a $20 bill at the 9-ball. :grin:

Maniac

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If $1 a month is a problem you can’t afford to play pool. I don’t care what svb does. You or i aren’t on his level. I like chalking once a game and forgetting about it. I base my game on what works for me not what someone else does.

I love it when people try to justify spending $25 for a piece of chalk.

I bought a gross of blue Master's chalk for that price 10 years ago and there will still be plenty of it left when I die. Try all you want but your Kamui chalk is nowhere near the value of a gross of Master's chalk.

That said, I fully understand personal preference and I begrudge no one for the choices they make. So yes, if Kamui chalk is what is best for your game, then by all means that is what you should be using.

And just for clarification, I cannot count how many times I've seen SVB chalking his cue with Master's chalk, so you cannot discount it as being an inferior product.

Here's a short, funny story concerning a piece of Kamui chalk. A friend and I were playing 9-ball one night on a valley bar box and I was shooting the money ball in for the set. As the 9-ball was tracking towards the pocket, my friend threw his Kamui chalk at the ball and it hit the table and went right into a corner pocket. No recovery....might as well have thrown a $20 bill at the 9-ball. :grin:

Maniac

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best pool gloves out there now?

I prefer Molinari but I am having trouble finding them anywhere except ebay for almost $40.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Finger wraps offer the best of both worlds, and are worth giving a try!