Removing glue from Valley slates

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I'm buying pool hall with 12 Valleys and 2 Dynamos. Tables obviously have spray glue buildup around pockets. We'll be recovering soon. In yall's experience is adhesive remover, scraping, or combination of both the best way to start with a clean slate?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm buying pool hall with 12 Valleys and 2 Dynamos. Tables obviously have spray glue buildup around pockets. We'll be recovering soon. In yall's experience is adhesive remover, scraping, or combination of both the best way to start with a clean slate?

Scape of the glue build up, it comes off easy if you use the smaller utility knife blades instead of the wide blades that come with the scraper.

IMG_0058.JPG

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
To be honest, I never paid much attention to valleys and dynamos until now. This site has a lot of good inside info on the old bar boxes. I got some learning to do!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
this worked so well, the goo gone
still had to apply plenty elbow grease with a blade getting off the excess and build up glue/tape/cloth, build up of decades worth i believe

but the goo gone will get the remainder down to the slate like a breeze

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member

If you're careful, a handled scraper, with 4" blades works very well. Alternatively, you could use the styles that use utility blades.

If the buildup is very heavy, and a bit too much for scraping, you could soften it up with mineral spirits.