The cte controversy

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
While I believe that CTE is an "objective" system to make balls. The same shots can be made without CTE. Therefore, this system is a merely a crutch and a set of extra things that someone needs to do to make balls. Simple is always better. If you don't need to perform many steps to get to the same result, do the thing with the least amount of individual steps instead, or the most intuitive thing. While some day in the future, there might even be a World Champion that comes along that says that they use the CTE training wheels. That won't mean at all that this person wouldn't have become a World Champion having never seen or heard of CTE, IMO.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
While I believe that CTE is an "objective" system to make balls. The same shots can be made without CTE.

That would be true and I agree. Before getting involved with CTE I made every possible angled shot on the table from straight in to 90 degrees with a decent amount of regularity to not be afraid to bet money with just about anyone other than a pro player. I might not win or beat everyone, which I didn't, but it was good enough not to have fear and step into the ring and go a few rounds

Different systems were used.

Therefore, this system is a merely a crutch and a set of extra things that someone needs to do to make balls.

What this tells me is you know nothing about CTE at all. Sure, you're watching the videos and it seems complicated but once ingrained it's as fast as anything.

Simple is always better.

Not necessarily. It depends on how the eyes and brain connect with something. The arrow is simple. Do you use it?

If you don't need to perform many steps to get to the same result, do the thing with the least amount of individual steps instead, or the most intuitive thing. While some day in the future, there might even be a World Champion that comes along that says that they use the CTE training wheels.

Your so called training wheels is the system used by Tyler Styer 100% of the time.

I wouldn't call him a world champion right now but he did play on the Mosconi Cup team the last two times. He's only 23 years old. Don't know if he'll be the GOAT or close, but it takes more than an aiming system. Not many in the history of the game really could be considered great champions in the whole scheme of things and number of decades.

You could never know what works and what doesn't work unless you became totally efficient and knowledgeable about CTE to compare your results to other methods and systems. Until then, it's only a guessing game and your limited belief system.

I did and it's how I came to my conclusions. Some may not have. But all is good and OK whatever the end result is. We make our own choices.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I believe that CTE is an "objective" system to make balls. The same shots can be made without CTE. Therefore, this system is a merely a crutch and a set of extra things that someone needs to do to make balls. Simple is always better. If you don't need to perform many steps to get to the same result, do the thing with the least amount of individual steps instead, or the most intuitive thing. While some day in the future, there might even be a World Champion that comes along that says that they use the CTE training wheels. That won't mean at all that this person wouldn't have become a World Champion having never seen or heard of CTE, IMO.
I would suggest then, that you continue doing exactly what you feel happy with and change nothing.
You did not go into "Grouchy Posse" horsefeathers about "it won't work", "it's fantasyland", "snake oil", and on and on and on as they've done for years. I salute you for saying that it does work.:thumbup2:
You were doing pretty good until you threw in that wording "simple is always better".
I did the "simple is always better"..(ghost ball, silly fractions), for decades and could never seem to rise above certain circumstances. I needed something better.
And for me (I'm not too bright mentally), CTE was very very hard to digest in my head. However, when it clicked, (after personal study/coaching with Stan Shuffett) things began to change...now it's almost automatic. The decisions are made in a split second. And the game is a joy to play.
My signature line says it all.
I bid you good wishes in your approach to the game....unless you're playing me in a tournament somewhere in W. Virginia. If that happens,then I hope you can't make a ball.:D:rotflmao:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

True, Ronnie O'Sullivan when asking about aiming

‘I don’t think about it. I just try and pot the ball’.

Mike Tyson eating or not eating Wheatabix as a growing boy...still the best knock out puncher.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Watch, learn, and/or take the challenge.
(and don't whine about "those are simple shots, I can make those upside down or standing on my head or with a broomstick, etc. etc." The EXACT SAME PRINCIPLES APPLY FROM 10 FEET AWAY AS FROM 4 FEET AWAY.)
Repeat: Watch, learn, and/or take the challenge.
Enter this into your web browser:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+CTE+controversy

Do you feel Stan wins the debate just because the ball goes in?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Do you feel Stan wins the debate just because the ball goes in?

Uhhhh...Stan hasn't posted here in a long time. He isn't involved in any debates.
He's involved in demonstrating and instructing on videos and in person.

Because the ball goes in when he shoots would more than likely win every match he played against any and all of the posters who come prancing in here at the aiming forum whose main purpose is to win debates, not live matches. I mean he has won a couple of pro tournaments against pro players.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(and don't whine about "those are simple shots, I can make those upside down or standing on my head or with a broomstick, etc. etc." The EXACT SAME PRINCIPLES APPLY FROM 10 FEET AWAY AS FROM 4 FEET AWAY.)

Funny how Low's game is so much better now, taking home all the cash while slamming home the money ball and all. Why doesn't he demonstrate his new skills instead of demanding that everybody else do it? That would seem to be a good endorsement of CTE. Ridiculing and challenging everybody to a fist fight is not.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True, Ronnie O'Sullivan when asking about aiming
‘I don’t think about it. I just try and pot the ball’.
Mike Tyson eating or not eating Wheatabix as a growing boy...still the best knock out puncher.
Does Ronnie O'Sullivan have bad teeth and gum disease?
Does Mike Tyson have smelly feets?
:rotflmao:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Uhhhh...Stan hasn't posted here in a long time. He isn't involved in any debates.
He's involved in demonstrating and instructing on videos and in person.

Because the ball goes in when he shoots would more than likely win every match he played against any and all of the posters who come prancing in here at the aiming forum whose main purpose is to win debates, not live matches. I mean he has won a couple of pro tournaments against pro players.

I think in the video low posted, Stan talked about debating it with anyone who'd like to come to his house.

Just because Stan says it does this and that(for him)does it make it objective and the best thing since sliced bread . Stan hasn't posted here for awhile???lol

Most pool players are gonna disagree with Stan and anybody else involved...math guys ...science guys whom ever shouldn't be mentioned..unless you play the game at a high level.

Stan would beat all us...has won pro events...where the heck is that comping from??? You gotta be the most bent person on here...lol chill a little would you.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think in the video low posted, Stan talked about debating it with anyone who'd like to come to his house.
Just because Stan says it does this and that(for him)does it make it objective and the best thing since sliced bread . Stan hasn't posted here for awhile???lol
Most pool players are gonna disagree with Stan and anybody else involved...math guys ...science guys whom ever shouldn't be mentioned..unless you play the game at a high level.
Stan would beat all us...has won pro events...where the heck is that comping from??? You gotta be the most bent person on here...lol chill a little would you.
Go get his money then....Delta is ready when you are.
Think of how much fun that will be.
And you'll get to meet me and enjoy my charming company too....for I WILL be there for that stellar event.
Rack 'em bub and lets see what you got.
(be sure to bring your film for that photographic memory...………..(if you can find someplace that even sells the stuff anymore) :tongue:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
And you'll get to meet me and enjoy my charming company too....for I WILL be there for that stellar event.
(be sure to bring your film for that photographic memory...………..(if you can find someplace that even sells the stuff anymore) :tongue:

How can a person debate something when they don't know why it works other then pocketing the ball??

His claims have know merit other then him just saying so, otherwise we'd be all using it.

Its pointless in him saying he'd like to debate anyone on his system..he'd just get up an shoot the ball in and say see...im right...lol

BTW...Im not wanting to play Stan..there's easier action out there then him..lol

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues

How about he comes over to your place via delta and Stan can watch and bet on who's going to grab the cheese?

You think his money will be on you and your CTE skills?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stopped at the opening question. It's starting to play like cult indoctrination.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about he comes over to your place via delta and Stan can watch and bet on who's going to grab the cheese?
You think his money will be on you and your CTE skills?
Are you nuts?
Why would anyone in their right mind bet on ME? I'm nobody...just a hacker. Probably rated at C level.
The challenge was placed by Stan Shuffett toward the donkeys who've bellyached for years about how his studies are all snake oil, bogus, and horsefeathers.
I am only a student who has raised his skill level from D to level C through the intelligent use of CTE aiming. I continue to work at improving and I don't make bad bets. (I'm what pool room bums call a NIT)
What have YOU done lately to improve, bub?
I already know you gripe with the best of them...you don't have to brag on that.
Where's YOUR video of your massive skills?
Even a member of the "Grouchy Posse" has his videos up on YouTube for all to see....he's tedious, full of himself, a braggart, and his concentration skills are weak. But by golly he isn't half bad at the game. (he choked under pressure from Aranas, but he still shoots pretty darn good most of the time.)
So...players are trying to improve with various aiming methods.
What about YOU...or is griping your best game?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Anthony, you're like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on here. Sometimes a nice guy good poster and other times a complete whack job.

What I think is you're a belligerent drunk who goes off on a quick drinking binge because your personality changes, the spelling goes haywire, and you flat out don't make sense and can't read or comprehend.

I didn't say "Stan would beat all of us". What I posted is:
"Because the ball goes in when he shoots would more than likely win every match he played against any and all of the posters who come prancing in here at the aiming forum whose main purpose is to win debates, not live matches"

Are you saying he NEVER won a pro tournament? Where is that coming from?

It's been posted in here before. There used to be an annual event on the tour in the early part of 2000 in Athens, GA. Stan went undefeated to win the tournament in 2002. In 2003 he was back there with a real young son named Landon who played and went up against the pros at that time. Earl was there, Varner, all the big names. Landon wasn't even in his teen years yet at the time.
Where were you during that time period?

http://www.justcueit.com/Stan.html

Get out of your delusional drunken hateful life and enter some events yourself if you think you're God's gift to the pool world.

What have you won or even played in? Post your resume and accomplishments. How does it compare to this one?

http://www.justcueit.com/landon.html

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stopped at the opening question. It's starting to play like cult indoctrination.
That is the best thing for you to do.
Don't read or listen to a word of it. You're not going to believe it anyway.
Ignore it totally...then you won't have anything to gripe about.
:groucho:

JC

Coos Cues
Are you nuts?
Why would anyone in their right mind bet on ME? I'm nobody...just a hacker. Probably rated at C level.
The challenge was placed by Stan Shuffett toward the donkeys who've bellyached for years about how his studies are all snake oil, bogus, and horsefeathers.
I am only a student who has raised his skill level from D to level C through the intelligent use of CTE aiming. I continue to work at improving and I don't make bad bets. (I'm what pool room bums call a NIT)
What have YOU done lately to improve, bub?
I already know you gripe with the best of them...you don't have to brag on that.
Where's YOUR video of your massive skills?
Even a member of the "Grouchy Posse" has his videos up on YouTube for all to see....he's tedious, full of himself, a braggart, and his concentration skills are weak. But by golly he isn't half bad at the game. (he choked under pressure from Aranas, but he still shoots pretty darn good most of the time.)
So...players are trying to improve with various aiming methods.
What about YOU...or is griping your best game?

A D player trying to become a C player has no use for CTE. They do not make the leap from D to C with CTE. They can't deliver the cue ball to the object ball where they are aiming so it's ridiculous to worry about an advanced aiming system.

What have I done lately to improve my skills? Plenty. And none of it involved an aiming gimmick.

Last edited: