Anyone a fan of BAR RESCUE on Spike TV?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Would you like to see a spin off show called Poor Bar, Pool Sports Bar, or Pool Room Rescue? Think there is lot of rescueing for John Taffer to do in the poor world. JMHO

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did a pool hall in one episode. I never saw it. Zanzibar's pool hall Bar Rescue episode, "Empty Pockets," In Denver Colorado.

Anyone go there since the makeover?

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yea, sure I would like to see it. It will never happen, but I guess you can dream. He did rescue a bar/pool room a while ago...in Denver, I believe.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Few of the episodes I've seen where there was a pool table they tended
to recover it in red. Yikes!

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Yes ... as are All "Reality" Shows . Except, maybe, parts of Deadliest Catch.
You can't choreograph the Bearing Sea.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If they rescued all pool halls, we'd be stuck with bar boxes with pink cloth and glow lights .

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The was an episode where they were trying to do this at a pool hall in NY, Guys and Dolls. The place was renovated but the opening never happened. No show was aired. I can't recall the reason why.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have been to a couple places that were on this show, one was a bar in Vegas which came out nicely. The other was a place in Tempe Arizona that never re-opened because they didn't have the proper permits for work done in it. Here is a video link to it, its right around the corner from Kolbys. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/23774324/2013/10/24/bar-rescue-goes-bad-business-goes-under

That is kind of a sad story what happened in TEMPE, I do recall that show as I watch Bar Rescue almost every week.

Well I am sure some of the place do turn around, and other do continue to flounder. But the show is entertaining, apparently Mr. Taffer does have a record of knowing the bar business, and what works.

I know he also do a bar up in Black Canyon City on Interstate 17 in Arizona. Turned into a barbecue place, but I am not sure how that rescue worked long term either?

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
WOW. Am I in NPR ? Feels like it?

OK, anyways, I think it's a good show. It is mind boggling how many folks get into the bar business with no prior knowledge about running a bar or restaurant, and don't even have the slightest idea about food safety, or even how to make a Whiskey sour, or how to clean glasses, or how to keep fruit flies out of their liquor bottles.

I mean, at least hire someone that has some common sense. The biggest common denominator in most episodes is a poor management, and/or crappy employees. I do like when he tears the owners a new ahole for keeping the conditions so filthy and dirty.:thumbup:

I NOW know more about running a bar than I probably need to know, but it might come in handy one day ;)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You can't choreograph the Bearing Sea.

Hard to fake that eh. These guys are on their toes when they are on deck working, I doubt they have any time or inclination to be trying their hands at acting.

Enuff action going on at any moment to not have to manufacture anything.

Other than pool players, I doubt that there would be much interest beyond a couple of pool hall make overs. It would get old, just like the actual show did.

Not bad to include a hall in there on occasion tho, just wouldn't work on a weekly basis.

Seen one, seen em all kind of thing.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add "The incredible Dr. Pol" to the list of the most realistic reality shows, if
ou've seen it you will know what I mean.

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a bar type rescue done in the show the pool tables rarely make it to the re-launch.

In the episode in which they did the pool hall it was pretty funny. The playing surface was one color and the rails were a different color. A red and blue usa theme I believe.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a bar type rescue done in the show the pool tables rarely make it to the re-launch.

In the episode in which they did the pool hall it was pretty funny. The playing surface was one color and the rails were a different color. A red and blue usa theme I believe.

Quite true. Every almost bar in my town that gets remodeled loses the pool tables.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the few segments I have seen the pool tables are definitely an afterthought.

Reality Shows usually are far from reality. The two exceptions that come to mind are the "Deadliest Catch" & "Wicked Tuna."

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the few segments I have seen the pool tables are definitely an afterthought.

Reality Shows usually are far from reality. The two exceptions that come to mind are the "Deadliest Catch" & "Wicked Tuna."

I just caught up on 3 seasons of "Wicked Tuna". Didn't even know about it until recently.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about it...........

About going to some poolhall and offering my services to turn their business around on a 6 month plan.

I took over a bar in 1986. There had been about 9 people had been in there in 5 years trying to make it.

I not only made it but when I bought the building about 3 years later I had to pay about 3 times higher than if I did it right away.

I became the pool shootingest bar for miles around. Leagues, tournaments, softball teams, dart teams and so many other things that we did.

People want entertainment today especially. The days of just opening up something and it making money are done.

I go into a poolhall as I traveled around the country teaching and playing and look at the mistakes they are making. But you had to almost be in the business to see this.

Gary Lutman for one would know what I mean.

I thought about doing this but I don't think any pool hall would be willing to pay what it would take to do this. they would just not believe that it could make that much difference.

It would be a 6 month project for sure and I don't think I want to spend that amount of time in one place. I want to keep moving and teaching/playing.

It would make a good show but it would not be as easy as bar rescue though. it would be 6 months of grinding, building up league(Knowing how to do it) and keeping customers once they come in the door.

Just making it pretty would not do it.