Good Break Cues??

averageJOE

Registered
Looking for a good break cue.
What would you recommend?

let me know what your thoughts or experiences have been..

Make
Model

Where to buy

Any direction would be appreciated.

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At what price point are we talking? You can have a $50 j&j break or a $300+ Predator?

I guess price point is the big question; because there are many options out there from custom to production.

I mostly use my McDermott Stinger NG01 with a kamui hard tip..I bought it from Rain-Man...costed me around $150. I love it; nice solid cue...no wrap. Gives me a sneaky appeal with my mcdermott m11b.

averageJOE

Registered
cost is not really the issue as much as the quality
i have found that cost is not everything as i have learned that the lesser cost ones can do just as good as the high dollar ones. sometimes

i have been looking at a BK3 but have had a really hard time justifying the cost of 425.00 when there are others out there offering this newer style and technology for much less and in some cases half the cost.

i was hoping to find something that will deliver a explosive break, looks cool, and has a decent price but like i said really looking for the best tool for the job

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke JB00
Cocobolo/Maple full splice, phenolic collars/buttcap/ferrule, super hard leather tip, quick release joint, and a purple heart shaft.

11205333546_1c73fa5fd6.jpg

I just bought one off of ebay for $150.

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
The one that breaks the ball best for you. Can take awhile till you find that cue. Happy hunting

Mr Rucas

I have an outlaw which was ok and a players jump break before I bought my joss "Thor hammer" which hits a ton and with joss' special break tip I get a lot of control for the soft breaks. You can find it on the joss website.
Hope this helps

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Brick break cues break awesome. They are made of dymondwood and have great power transfer.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bk3 is really worth it, you can get used in mint condition for 300 or so here on az

varney made some great breaking cues too

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Break Cues

I don't know if you are a golfer but the best analogy is that they are like putters or drivers. No best one but the one that you feel confident in will break just fine. I have had Mezz, OB, Mcd Stinger and have broken with the predator breaks. Now I have a TNT w/purpleheart and really like it but the purpleheart takes a while to get used to. I will say that I like the Samsara the best. A lot of players in my area swear by the OB.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a bk3 in the mail. i'll let you know how it works out. this is my first break cue.

just looking to up my speed as i play mostly 8b.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
ok I am interested in reading about breaks and break cues, because it's the rare good aspect of my game

I have tried: Mezz, Predator, OB, J&J, Samsara, KF (taiwan), Denali, Sugartree break cues. here goes my experience:

- Mezz: the PB1 and PB pro are really good break cues, but I don't really like the Mezz break tip, it feels so hard that makes control difficult, you can easily lose the cue ball or knock it off the table if you do a real hard hit. I think the PB1 and change to a Samsara leather break tip would be hard to beat.
- Predator BK2 is good for 9ball break, but not for 10ball, I think it's not strong/stiff enough for hard break. the BK3 is a very good 10ball breaker.
- J&J and KF are great bang for bucks, breaks very solid with control, I would buy them if I don't have my current breaker. Mezz and Pre don't justify the cost to me, either.
- OB cue: I would consider this cue also
- Denali: the PH shaft makes it breaks really solid, but it requires much practice to generate good power, cue ball control is much guaranteed
- sugartree break cue: my current break cue, with samsara tip, generate great power with awesome cue ball control. both great for 9ball and 10ball breaks. I ordered a denali PH shaft for it also.

Hope this help.

Cuong.