The Removal Of The Design Your Dream Thread

What do you feel would be the best dispostion of the DYD thread?

• I feel that the DYD thread should be Open With Continued Participation

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed & No Longer Viewable

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed but Still Viewable With No Further Participation

Votes: 48 36.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Design Your Dream was one of AZB's all time most viewed and participated-in threads.

It was idle for a considerable amount of time until very recently then quickly spiraled downward into a lot of arguing, ultimately being removed from view or further participation by our Mods.

In this simple three choice poll I would like respondents to select which, in their opinion, they feel would be the best disposition for this monumental AZB thread with, IIRC, over 1200 responses and about 80 pages.

And of course, once you vote, feel free to comment, if you care to, on why you voted as you did.

Thanks.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I think the thread has outlived it's purpose, but should still be viewable.

BS doesn't want to apologize, and quite clearly doesn't care what anyone thinks.

The powers that be wants this thread to be forgotten and buried, so do collectors, friends and others with vested interests in BS reputation.

As a matter of principle, I think the thread should be viewable. This happened, for good or bad, and things that happened should not be buried in this manner, as that doesn't undo what was done. With the thread viewable, anyone can decide for themselves what they think about it.

Last edited:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I saw the thread the other week and I had not seen it for awhile. I was gonna read through it to see how it turned out. I never followed it when it was going.

By the remarks am I to assume no one ever got a dream cue?

I thought it was a great way for the OP to get some creative ideas he could use.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
As a matter of principle, I think the thread should be viewable. This happened, for good or bad, and things that happened should not be buried in this manner, as that doesn't undo what was done. With the thread viewable, anyone can decide for themselves what they think about it.

I agree. The only exception for me would be that if anyone can 100% prove with verification that Mr. Stroud's cancer claims/health issues are true, then maybe the thread should be totally closed.

That said, it appears that at least several posters have made claims to have seen Mr. Stroud playing in tournaments and what not during the time when he was supposed to be knocking on death's door.

On the flip side, if it is proved that Mr. Stroud was out-and-out lying about his illness and subsequent other health issues, then I think the thread should stay open as he would deserve everything that comes to him through the thread.

Maniac (fair enough?)

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Brian,

As a participant in the closed thread, I'd like to see it remain available for viewing. Unlike some others, feel as if this thread was instructive as an insight to the world of high end cues and cue makers. Never met Bill. Don't want to meet Bill. Never owned one of his cues. Never want to!

Lyn

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Design Your Dream was one of AZB's all time most viewed and participated-in threads.

It was idle for a considerable amount of time until very recently then quickly spiraled downward into a lot of arguing, ultimately being removed from view or further participation by our Mods.

In this simple three question poll I would like respondents to select which, in their opinion, they feel would be the best disposition for this monumental AZB thread with, IIRC, over 1200 responses and about 80 pages.

And of course, once you vote, feel free to comment, if you care to, on why you voted as you did.

Thanks.

best,
brian kc

I think it's really, really... REALLY time to move on. No amount of thread-bumping or attempting to rally troops in your favor is ever going to tarnish Bill's well-deserved reputation as one of the all-time great cuemakers. All it does is make you look like a man who, years later, STILL feels slighted about a contest he didn't win to begin with.

Let it go, man. There are far more important issues in life.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the thread is gone for good I'll be less interested in hanging out here.

Integrity ranks right up there near the top. Maintaining one's integrity really isn't that hard, all you have to do is stick to your word, or when you fail to do this, you acknowledge it and apologize. When this is done, decent people move on.

This wasn't done and that thread served as a perfect example of how not to maintain your integrity. That's with or without the cancer.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Restricted information is never good.

Once something is out there, you lose control over it.

Disappointing to see it gone, but as for why...you kinda have to trust that Mike had his reasons and we aren't necessarily entitled to all the details.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it really necessary to drag this on. Mr. Stroud is retired and still with us. I wish him a peaceful retirement and long life. And no. I don't see a reason to vote!
And OH! I read yesterdays posts. It's really a no brainer why it was pulled. At least VACATIONS weren't given. Lol

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I can only imagine how many cuemakers were reading with disgust, and will never post on AZ because of that type of behavior.
Very few cuemakers are squeaky clean and none of them want to take that type of abuse for 8 minutes let alone 8 years.
For AZ Billiards to have any chance of cuemaker participation, the thread had to go.
Enough was enough, and we did it to ourselves

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only imagine how many cuemakers were reading with disgust, and will never post on AZ because of that type of behavior.
Very few cuemakers are squeaky clean and none of them want to take that type of abuse for 8 minutes let alone 8 years.
For AZ Billiards to have any chance of cuemaker participation, the thread had to go.

Lmao. I get asked all the time, I won't tell you my answer but we laugh. I'm still here.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean there is arguing and so on and so forth here on AZB?

The problem is that this type of crap has been allowed to go on too long. I am retired now and have time to monitor most of the threats, oops, I mean, threads. If the Moderators would make me a Mod I would be glad to police AZB more and put an end to most of this ridiculous stuff.

We even have a current thread where somebody says they are leaving for awhile due to all of the BS.

Its time to stop the crap on AZB. AZHousePro, Chucklez65, and Mr. Wilson......make me a mod, let me help.

r/DCP

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard better ideas.

:eek:
You mean there is arguing and so on and so forth here on AZB?

The problem is that this type of crap has been allowed to go on too long. I am retired now and have time to monitor most of the threats, oops, I mean, threads. If the Moderators would make me a Mod I would be glad to police AZB more and put an end to most of this ridiculous stuff.

We even have a current thread where somebody says they are leaving for awhile due to all of the BS.

Its time to stop the crap on AZB. HousePro and Mr. Wilson, make me a mod, let me help.

r/DCP

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The thread is not gone. It was just moved out of the main site. I am open to the idea of moving it back, without allowing any more replies on it. I was torn between that and removing it last night when it all blew up, and went with moving it out of the main forum.

As for additional mods, we have discussed the idea before and I am open to that too.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
The thread is not gone. It was just moved out of the main site. I am open to the idea of moving it back, without allowing any more replies on it. I was torn between that and removing it last night when it all blew up, and went with moving it out of the main forum.

As for additional mods, we have discussed the idea before and I am open to that too.[/QUOT

good & good:)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

As for additional mods, we have discussed the idea before and I am open to that too.

Mike, is it possible to remove the posts where threats were made?
....I lose a little interest when two avatars start an V-gunfight....:rolleyes:

Other than that, I mentioned Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy....they wrote well about the human
condition....and this thread has it all.

Missed you and Jerry at the Stone again....maybe next time

regards....pt

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Sure. That is usually what I try to do when a thread gets out of hand. That can sometimes be hard though, when the crap gets mixed in with the good content.

Mike, is it possible to remove the posts where threats were made?
....I lose a little interest when two avatars start an V-gunfight....:rolleyes:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't understand the idea of turning a blind eye on poor behavior solely because someone is an esteemed cue maker, or perhaps a professional pool player. Are we supposed to let bad stuff go unchallenged here? Are we suppose to encourage people to break commitments made here with our collective silence?

I suppose we should never call out deals that go bad because then no one would sell in the For Sale Forum. Maybe we shouldn't report people who welch on bets in the Action Forum because then no one would bet. God forbid we report on a hair dildo.

You appear to be advocating that we should become accomplices in our own victimization. I hope most folks here disagree with that perspective.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.