One Pocket is so slow....

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When did the website crash?

(I've been so busy going from 3-1 to 4-1 in my game, I didn't know.)

Jeff Livingston

Must have crashed about a week ago or more.
For sure what a nice softball from AZ to revive this great thread!

Move 3
Player bunted a ball up table and left cueball froze on bottom rail.
Looks like the game is going up table :grin:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
One Pocket is so slow....

....it's so slow that when a player was playing 1-P in front of the mirror, the reflection took the shot before the player did.

Jeff Livingston

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An interesting piece of info I found this morning...

QUOTE: Eight-Ball was Invented shortly after 1900; Straight Pool followed in 1910. Nine-Ball seems to have developed around 1920. One-Pocket has ancestors that are older than any of these; the idea of the game was described in 1775 and complete rules for a British form appeared in 1869. UNQUOTE

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

QUOTE: Eight-Ball was Invented shortly after 1900; Straight Pool followed in 1910. Nine-Ball seems to have developed around 1920. One-Pocket has ancestors that are older than any of these; the idea of the game was described in 1775 and complete rules for a British form appeared in 1869. UNQUOTE

That's from Mike Shamos, Billiards Digest, 1995 -- http://billiardsdigest.com/all_about_pool/history.php

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine that. Just imagine trying to play one pocket on the equipment available then.

In 1776 Mingaud had not invented the leather tip idea. I can only imagine playing one pocket without a leather tip & chalk. I read it was 1790 that he invented the idea. In 1807 he started displaying his prowess with cue ball control....

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

That's from Mike Shamos, Billiards Digest, 1995 -- http://billiardsdigest.com/all_about_pool/history.php

Imagine that. Just imagine trying to play one pocket on the equipment available then.

In 1776 Mingaud had not invented the leather tip idea. I can only imagine playing one pocket without a leather tip & chalk. I read it was 1790 that he invented the idea. In 1807 he started displaying his prowess with cue ball control....

Well, I’m going to disagree with everyone concerned here...:shocked:
...with little fear and trembling, mind you

The first book on one pocket was published in 1227...
“Oon Pouche Art Soore Slakke.....

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow.... I watched a match on a DVD. I thought the picture froze.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Announcing
THE
1-Pocket tournament
of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......literally.

Jeff Livingston

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I play

If i get to bet high enough I don't care how slow they play. Not to worry I am semi retired.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
............ - wanna play some? - probly not me thinks.............

Play some? nah...one pocket is too slow

The game is slow? OnePocket.org had their annual members only tournament. I think the final match went over 4 hours.

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow, even a 9-ball player might have enough time to learn something. (most likely through osmosis)