Trade Question

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Members,

I agreed to a trade based on the understanding that a cue was in good shape. When I received the cue I immediately contacted the other party ( 5 minutes after opening package).

When I contacted the other member he told me that he already sold my cue and it was my fault for not getting better pictures. He said he sold my cue for a low amount so could offer me only $100.

I am not OK with that.. based on the value of the cue i have; I want $200. He refuses....

What are your thoughts on a trade? Is it complete once the cues are sent or once both parties agree?

Since this is the F/S section; I have a Pechaeur I would let go for $250.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The deal is not a deal,unless/until BOTH parties are happy with the deal.Your cue should not have been sold or traded, until you received the other half of the deal and had time to inspect it,etc.I would NOT be OK with the deal either.You asked,
"What are your thoughts on a trade? Is it complete once the cues are sent or once both parties agree?" My answer is, After both parties receive the cues AND agree.It's not even a question.This is how it is done among "solid traders" Good luck Billyard.
Marc

Last edited:

RandyD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I agree. Both parties should be 100% satisfied before a trade deal is complete. I have made a few trades and wouldn't even shoot with the cue I received until I knew the other party was happy. Sorry for your loss and hope things are made right.

Randy

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
i received a lot of bad press one time for taking the position you are now taking

i thought then and still think that if you don't like the merchandise you should be allowed to return it.
paying the cost of shipping

i think you are right

DamienLuu

Forever Pool Student
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The deal is not a deal,unless/until BOTH parties are happy with the deal.Your cue should not have been sold or traded, until you received the other half of the deal and had time to inspect it,etc.I would NOT be OK with the deal either.Just my 2 cents.Good luck Billyard.
Marc
I totally agree

stillplayin

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds fair

Return within 3 days of receipt, you both pay shipping costs to make returns.
I would always be wary of a trade unless I used an escrow or the trade was sent to me first.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
A deal is not a deal until both sides are satisfied with the transaction. To me, a trade is no different than a cash deal. Also, it is hard to tell a lot about a cue from pictures and it the reason I offer a refund to any and all that purchase a cue from me.

If the other party is not willing to undue the deal, you need to put his name out there so other respected AZ members can avoid doing deals with him/her. You can't sell or trade a cue that does not yet belong to you just like you can't consider the cash paid for a cue as yours until the buyer gives you the ok.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Both parties should be happy with the trade in order to seal the deal. Whatever I sell or trade I will always give a full refund or exchange the trade. I think this is good business practice and keeps everybody happy.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Both parties have to have an opportunity to inspect each of their cues. If things dont work out, undo the trade.
Joe

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Members,

I agreed to a trade based on the understanding that a cue was in good shape. When I received the cue I immediately contacted the other party ( 5 minutes after opening package).

When I contacted the other member he told me that he already sold my cue and it was my fault for not getting better pictures. He said he sold my cue for a low amount so could offer me only $100.

I am not OK with that.. based on the value of the cue i have; I want $200. He refuses....

What are your thoughts on a trade? Is it complete once the cues are sent or once both parties agree?

Since this is the F/S section; I have a Pechaeur I would let go for $250.

Please post ID of the other party.
People need to know.
ANd I agree - you get the cue, you inspect it, you email the other party and ask if he is happy. ONLY THEN, you can call it a done deal.
If not, send everything back.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
You have a right of refusal of a trade.

If you dealt with me I would have given you a few days to inspect and make sure we were both happy.

Talk to the other party and if he wont make it right, point him out publically. AZ used to a place where we didn't have BS problems like this.

Ken

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
U got screwed. I'm calling bullshit on the other party having sold your cue already. And no, I don't believe in his blaming you for not requesting better pics, that's bullshit too - i don't care if someone uses the freakin HUBBLE to take a pic - pics are still just pics, you can only see so much. Sellers should provide full disclosure. I feel for you. Please post the schmuck's name so we are all aware.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Please post a name so I now who not to deal with. How can you sell a cue when the other guy hasn't even received his yet? I am betting that he wants to keep your cue and knew his was a pos and hopes that throwing you a $100 makes you forget about it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
batalarms hit the 10 ring dead center with his post.............the deal is not consummated until both parties get to examine and accept the traded cues.

What if the other guy drops his cue before he ships it and it's got new damage. What if he showed you photos of his cue when he first got it but it's in no where as good as condition when you get it.

It is imperative that both parties get to approve the swap only after both cues, or all cues involved, are examined otherwise the entire transactions is ripe with the opportunity for bait & switch.

The other guy owes you full value for your cue and he was a jerk to sell it so quickly. He's probably bullshitting you about selling it and the $100 offer is his way of stealing your cue.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   1
Agreed

I agree with the consensus here.. But, I would personally give him another opportunity make things right before dropping names. I'm not saying thats set in stone as to what to do, but just what I'd do. Maybe even send him the link to this thread and subtly remind him that he will be dragged through the mud by the AZ jury if he chooses to not do the stand up thing... Good luck here...

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Both parties should retain the right to give a thumb's up upon receipt of cue before the trade is satisfactorily completed.

Will Prout

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
So, he is saying that it is your fault that he sent you crappy pictures, or that you should have requested better ones from him? Wow, nice move. I would give him one more chance to make it right before outing him. Not that it makes that much of a difference at this point as the deal should have been reversed when you did not like it once received, but was there ever a discussion/agreement beforehand between the two of you regarding this potential scenario. I ALWAYS get the agreement that a deal is not done until both parties are good with it before sending a cue out. Hope you two can come to a mutual agreement on how to proceed forward.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
You can't ask too many questions or see too many pix. I'd ask for my money or cue back. I would doubt your cue is really sold. And I doubt you will have a happy resolution. Good luck. Both parties should be happy on AZ trades for AZ trading to be successful and continue in good spirit.