Bump in clearcoat and q-wiz question

jprochnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a mcdermott voyager cue that has a bump in the clearcoat on the tip of one of the points. Im not sure if it was there before but it is now. Could this bump be caused by the tip of the inlay coming unglued and pulling out? Its hard to get a pic of it. Second question, does the q-wiz change the shaft diameter when using the rough side?

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I seriously doubt that your point is coming loose.
Without knowing whether the bump was there when you received this cue, you should realize that McD does not buff-out their production cues. It could very well be in the finish itself.

The bump can be removed by wet-sanding (possibly with a block backing) and then polished. You will need a very high grade of buff/polish compounds to get back to the high gloss of McD's UV finish.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Second question, does the q-wiz change the shaft diameter when using the rough side?

i was told "no" long ago,but after using them i disagree.i think they definitely will reduce the size of your shaft over time.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
What can I use to get the shaft silky smooth and yet not reduce the diameter?

Keep your hands clean when you play and rub the shaft with some pool table felt from time to time. Then a crisp $100 bill. A one will work but a freshly won hunderd works better, from what I have been told.

Larry