I sure do hope that...

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
... this forum can get back on topic.

This forum is supposed to be about 14.1 - sharing knowledge - experiences - tips and strategies - etc.

For a very long time we all did our part to keep this forum on topic and create the most in-depth library of pool knowledge.

No moderator is assigned to this forum because in the past, we never needed one. Too bad things have changed.

Am I alone in this assessment, or does everybody enjoy the type of stuff that is being generated in this forum recently?

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

This forum is supposed to be about 14.1 - sharing knowledge - experiences - tips and strategies - etc.

For a very long time we all did our part to keep this forum on topic and create the most in-depth library of pool knowledge.

No moderator is assigned to this forum because in the past, we never needed one. Too bad things have changed.

Am I alone in this assessment, or does everybody enjoy the type of stuff that is being generated in this forum recently?

Dave:

No, you're not alone. I haven't enjoyed the content in this forum of late (a couple threads in particular -- which I noted to me resembled something out of the movie "The Gladiator," characters, quotes, and all).

I wish we'd get back on topic as well.

-Sean

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
from a learning perspective i love to see great matches, and i think this would be a historic one.

i agree i have learned countless things here about 14.1 from all you great guys here in the 14.1 forum, and i would love to pay it forward and help everyone i can with there questions.

i would equally love to see more CueTable layouts and instructional type material to keep learning more.

Steve

Last edited:

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm with you Blackjack, BIG TIME! These types of attitudes were the reason I left the billiard seen for so many years. I wish people could just get the fact that it's JUST A GAME! One that I used to enjoy and plan on again.

KID

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're absolutely right. Johnny and Danny should take their petty squabbling somewhere else.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agreed. A bit too much of the crappola.

Here's what I'd like: to hear John and/or Danny's take on Geronimo's Perfect Aiming. Or how about their opinion on elbows dropping? What kind of tips are they using lately? Or poke strokes versus other kinds of strokes.

Something or anything for the troops down in the trenches. But stop with the whining and woofing, puleaseeee.

Lou Figueroa
is it really all about
low deflections shafts,
Alfie?

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just stopped reading those posts. And when I find another on the same topic I move on to the next thread.

Sometimes you just have to ignore the things that bother you.

Andy

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
The point is Danny hijacked a thread that had nothing to do with him. John has been on here for the last few months with nothing but good things to say and even answering questions about why he played a pattern a certain way in one of his videos.

Blaming them equally for what has happen is absurd. John just defended himself for the cheap shots Danny took on a thread that had nothing to do with "Danny Harriman".

Has Danny Harriman ever come on this forum to do anything other than take shots at John, promote his video sales or complain how the UPA screwed him over? Has he offered to help anybody with their game? has he watched anybodys videos and commented on them as John has?

If some of you think this is a two way street you must be blind, if Danny never would have hijacked this thread John would still be talking about pool and not Harriman.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the point is danny hijacked a thread that had nothing to do with him. John has been on here for the last few months with nothing but good things to say and even answering questions about why he played a pattern a certain way in one of his videos.

Blaming them equally for what has happen is absurd. John just defended himself for the cheap shots danny took on a thread that had nothing to do with "danny harriman".

Has danny harriman ever come on this forum to do anything other than take shots at john, promote his video sales or complain how the upa screwed him over? Has he offered to help anybody with their game? Has he watched anybodys videos and commented on them as john has?

If some of you think this is a two way street you must be blind, if danny never would have hijacked this thread john would still be talking about pool and not harriman.

amen brother and thank you !!!!!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thank you very much Marop, you hit the bail on the head brother !

John is a real proffesional when it comes to his contributions to us all here in the 14.1 forum, you don't see many other pros taking there time out to help us all out here .

Thanks
Steve

The point is Danny hijacked a thread that had nothing to do with him. John has been on here for the last few months with nothing but good things to say and even answering questions about why he played a pattern a certain way in one of his videos.

Blaming them equally for what has happen is absurd. John just defended himself for the cheap shots Danny took on a thread that had nothing to do with "Danny Harriman".

Has Danny Harriman ever come on this forum to do anything other than take shots at John, promote his video sales or complain how the UPA screwed him over? Has he offered to help anybody with their game? has he watched anybodys videos and commented on them as John has?

If some of you think this is a two way street you must be blind, if Danny never would have hijacked this thread John would still be talking about pool and not Harriman.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member

Direct. To the point. Clear. No b.s. Accurate! Nice post Bill.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Sorry blackjack. You're a cool guy and an asset to the forum, and usually we're on the same page. But I find their woofing and arguing pretty entertaining and have gotten some laugh out loud moments from it. ("Disappearance fee" ... "laser cracked his mind"...)

I welcome having two pros post here, even if it's not always the "low left and go three rails" kind of post. And all this woofing should produce a great 14.1 match that I can almost guarantee everyone in this forum will wanna pay to see.

If you feel the urge to put up a shots'n'strategies post, I promise to read and participate in it, though I don't have much to offer.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member

Who said that my post was directed at John?

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Who said that my post was directed at John?

David, my post was not directed at you and I in know way thought you were directing your post at John. I just chose this thread to state what I have been thinking about for a few days. As far as what you said, I totally agree with you, I don't like whats going on with the two of them. John has been in a nice mood on AZ for the past few months and Danny has to go and add fuel to a fire that was almost extinguished, at least on Johns end.

This is a 14.1 forum, Danny should have started a new thread in the "The Action Room" forum, but I believe we all know why he started it here.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I am not so long here like the most guys- but this forum really has wonderful informations for *starters* and even so for experienced players. And since i joined here and searched old threads i was very excited how many super-players are posting here and helpin ppl with their knowledge.
As time goes by the things will all be good again :)
As long as ppl who likes to help joinin here, this forum will be the best platform you could go to search for infos and even so to receive brilliant input to increase your game or just discuss about our favourite game with pro-players or great instructors.

AZ is still the No#1# imo and know(hope^^) wrong threads would just be put where they belong to.

Good thread anyway BlackJack!

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
Spot on.

Couldn't agree more. The thread was originally about 14.1 until Danny came on and bashed John seemingly without any provocation. True, the thread got ugly, but that didn't happen until Danny posted. He could have left well enough alone. I have yet to see John openly bash Danny, unless it is in response to one of Danny's posts bashing him.

No doubt about it. Danny threw the first punch.

And I agree with everyone else in that Danny is unquestionably a great player and that if he were to contribute his insight and knowledge to this forum, we all would be a whole lot better off.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We have a winner.

I just don't read those threads. I would love to read a thread that said "Black Jack's Straight Pool book is ready for purchase"....

sausage

Banned
You're absolutely right. Johnny and Danny should take their petty squabbling somewhere else.

marop said it best but i think it needs to be said again;

harriman doesn't contribute diddly to these forums but instead detracts from them. all we get from him is crybaby BS. the sooner he's gone from AZ the sooner we'll be able to get back on track.