ivorx ferrules

Curlydon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone know where i can buy 5 r 6 of these ferrules i was hoping some cue maker may still have a few around im down to one so any info on the location of any ivorx ferrules i would be grateful it stays clean no worries about blue chalk it polishes to a high gloss and stays that way thanks

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
True that.
I am out and they are just too expensive to get made.

So about the stuff you were trying to sell and that :confused: you emailed and called several cuemakers as ivory-x, me included? I was correct and it was not ivory-x, it was something else... A clarification is needed Joey...

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
So about the stuff you were trying to sell and that :confused: you emailed and called several cuemakers as ivory-x, me included? I was correct and it was not ivory-x, it was something else... A clarification is needed Joey...

Same brand and material as Ivor-X.
This poster is looking for pre-made Ivor-X ferrules. There are none left here.
You don't know what Ivor-X is made of and have not seen the rods. You are correct about nothing.
Why don't you call Norplex and speak to the foreman and ask to get the original mason micarta made ? Let's see how that goes.
The new rods I made are being tested by a shaft maker and I'm not dealing with other makers until I know how much I will have left if any.
Who are these SEVERAL makers I called or e-mailed?

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You know, you could just switch to Tomahawk. :D

Different material.
Ivor-X had a different substrate that made it the way they were.
Old school hit . Heavy, dense and no linen or cotton.

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Different material.
Ivor-X had a different substrate that made it the way they were.
Old school hit . Heavy, dense and no linen or cotton.

I know. My material has no linen or cotton base, as well. I still have an IvorX ferrule, on a shaft on a cue that I own. Still plays quite nicely. ;)

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
does anyone know where i can buy 5 r 6 of these ferrules i was hoping some cue maker may still have a few around im down to one so any info on the location of any ivorx ferrules i would be grateful it stays clean no worries about blue chalk it polishes to a high gloss and stays that way thanks

I may have a few of them left, I will check. I don't remember what I paid for them so what's the going price for them?

Last edited:

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very few,if any, are as up front as Joey. You of all people should know that Tony. For years you tried to picked his mind and for a long time he trusted you. Now you call him out for something that was clarified eons ago. I have never heard of Joey making anything but fair deals with satisfied customers. My dealings with him are always fair I just wish I could find any of his cues on the secondary market.

How is Sandy? Careful as my relatives in Ogden, Hooper, Layton and Park City say there are a lot rattlers this year.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Gary,
I hope that your comment is not a public threat to me because if it is we are going to have a big, big problem. If your family wants to come and visit me, I pm'd you my cell which is on my signature too. Ogden, Hooper, Layton and Park City might have a lot of rattlers for sure, so you need to tell your family to be careful. Sandy is a very safe town.
Let's tone it down a bit because you don't know me but Joey tried to sell non ivor-x rod as ivor-x to at least 3 cuemakers including myself. One is a very reputable cuemaker and did a test because I suspected that the material was not the same and the test was negative, the cuemaker that did the test was Leon Sly. Joey tried to sell a material that was not what he said it was. He made it right by returning the money to the cuemaker. That's the true story.
What's funny now is that he says "they are just too expensive to get made", that only confirms that he misrepresented what he tried to sell.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Gary,
I hope that your comment is not a public threat to me because if it is we are going to have a big, big problem. If your family wants to come and visit me and pmd you my cell which is on my signature too.
Let's tone it down a bit because you don't know me but Joey tried to sell a non ivor-x rod as ivor-x to at least 3 cuemakers including myself. One is a very reputable cuemaker and did a test because I suspected that the material was not the same and the test was negative. Joey tried to sell a material that was not what he said it was. He made it right by returning the money to that cuemaker. That's the true story.

Your true story is not quite complete.

You texted me wanting Ivor-X rods. I told you I had nothing for sale.
Then two more people inquired about them. Told them I had none.

It's been years since Ivor-X last were made.
And it's been years since I sold the last ones.

And a friend of mine tried to get them made by the largest distributor of cue parts. They priced it out and it was determined as too costly to get made.

When the three of you inquired about getting them, I contacted people to get the RAW MATERIAL that Ivor-X is made of .
I found one person who could supply a few feet.

I ended up buying a few dozen feet.
I machined and turned them. And believe me, cutting and machining them is a lot of labor. And it freaking dulls 3-wingers fast.

One maker got 10 feet as you know.
He then asked me for 6 more feet.
Then suddenly, on the same night you texted me flat-out ACCUSING ME OF TRYING TO DEFRAUD YOU AND THAT MAKER. YOU HAD NOT RECEIVED ANY OF THE RODS. I HAVE NOT TAKEN A DOLLAR FROM YOU.
And you were flat-out aggravating me and flat-out accusing me of fraud.

That maker said the ferrule rods were harder, different color and did not machine like Ivor-X. I gave him his refund before he sent me them back. I also paid for the shipping.

Now, let's talk material. As you know, you can call material makers today and order the same exact model number of materials that have been made for decades. And you are liable not to get the same exact material you've been getting.
Let's take Norplex RTB material. Why don't you go ahead and make a lot of money by ordering the same exact material Mason Micarta was? Why don't you call them and get linen melamine made the same exact way it was when they had no pits ? While you're at it, why don't you ask for dark brown linen phenolic.

The rods I have came from material that had brand label of the same raw material Ivor-X was except the color.
Are they different than the last batch of Ivor-X ferrules I sold?
Sure, they are as they are b/c the manufacturer changed the formulation or whatever mood the foreman was in making them that day, who knows?

But, you to flat-out accuse me of fraud WITHOUT YOU seeing the new rods and getting them tested is bullkaka. And you invented a story about me contacting SEVERAL makers in trying to sell the rods.
I WOULD HAVE NOT MADE THESE RODS, if not for the three of you contacting me wanting Ivor-X ferrules . And I only contacted 3 other makers including a friend of yours. I am guessing he told you and you guys just assumed I contacted several people. And I only offered HIM A SAMPLE so he could test it himself. I sent out a sample to another maker. One maker bought a few feet and has ordered 20 more feet. Even if they are not the same color or are harder than the last Ivor-X I sold him.

And the last time we had an argument before I took those rods back, you apologized for accusing me of fraud without seeing the rods yourself. Then you actually wished me good luck in selling them. I guess, that was not a sincere gesture.

Your post here is nothing more than an attempt to malign me.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
PS
I'm not making any more rods.
Those rods took away lots of shop time.
For $24 a foot it ain't worth it.
Worse, an a$$hole might aggravate you by calling you a fraud before he even sees the material.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Gary,

What's funny now is that he says "they are just too expensive to get made", that only confirms that he misrepresented what he tried to sell.

Tony, you need to grow a brain.
Go ahead find me 1" Ivor-X ferrules with 5/16 18 threads and 3/16 cap.
Go ahead. Go get them made.

You really need to grow a brain.
If they were profitable, why would I not get them made?

I made RODS after actually getting in contact with a person who had a few feet.

IF YOU HAD TO ORDER THE MINIMUM REQUIRED FROM THE MAUNFACTURER, IT WOULD BE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

You offered to split the cost . I was not interested . IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE.
IF THE FERRULES WERE MADE, they would cost some $10 each to make money.

Chris Byrne has learned how it is to have you as partner .

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
It is what is Joey. You have been calling around several people about those rods and you also gave different prices depending how you like them or not.
My post was just to clarify your several calls to different cuemakers and your sneaky strategy around whatever you were trying to do.
That is the truth and all of a sudden you say that the ivor-x rods are too expensive to be made, that only confirms that you tried to sell something that was not, very simple...
I just wanted a clarification, that's all, I think that the people that you called around including myself have the right to know what you were trying to accomplish with those random calls, giving different prices, etc, etc.
I hope that your nasty text messages using profanity against me and my family stops too, you have actually used language against me that was absolutely atrocious. Joey you are a piece of work and I do hope that you retract back to your shell and leave me the heck alone, once and for all. I will not delete your text messages that were absolutely disgusting Joey in case I need to prove something.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
PS
I'm not making any more rods.
Those rods took away lots of shop time.
For $24 a foot it ain't worth it.
Worse, an a$$hole might aggravate you by calling you a fraud before he even sees the material.

Keep showing your true colors... Leon Sly had your material and tested it, that's enough for me.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
It is what is Joey. You have been calling around several people about those rods and you also gave different prices depending how you like them or not.
My post was just to clarify your several calls to different cuemakers and your sneaky strategy around whatever you were trying to do.
That is the truth and all of a sudden you say that the ivor-x rods are too expensive to be made, that only confirms that you tried to sell something that was not, very simple...
I just wanted a clarification, that's all, I think that the people that you called around including myself have the right to know what you were trying to accomplish with those random calls, giving different prices, etc, etc.
I hope that your nasty text messages using profanity against me and my family stops too, you have actually used language against me that was absolutely atrocious. Joey you are a piece of work and I do hope that you retract back to your shell and leave me the heck alone, once and for all. I will not delete your text messages that were absolutely disgusting Joey in case I need to prove something.

Tony, another freaking lie from you.
I contacted you, LS and Ryan.
I offered Ryan a discount b/c we talked about getting them ( FINISHED ) ferrules at Muellers. I was hoping he'd made some 30 feet made into ferrules at $1 each.
Go ahead show your text. Your family? Oh wow, I called you a piece of sh#t a$$hole for flat-out accusing me OF FRAUD without you seeing the rods. And you did not get my side of the story.

THE PEOPLE I CALLED AROUND????
WHo??????

Oh, you deserve the best price ? Same price as the guy at a wholesale store and fabricating place? Oh, wow.

Once I cancelled your order, I owe you jack. I still owe you an explanation after YOU ACCUSED ME OF FRAUD?

I have to give you an update what's happening to these rods ?
Oh wow! I didn't know you were that important.

Yeah, you're an ahole for aggravating me and calling me a fraudster before you even saw the rods.

You're a hoot.
Yeah, my bad. I'm not as well-reputed as you are.