Cue Repair

someindian

If you go to eBay in Billiards you can find several, one is "cue components" from Florida, but he is a real #$%# he is high on HIMSELF talks bad about people he deals with and so on...might check other first....

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cueman lathe!

Could anyone recommend the best cue repair books or videos ? using a lathe of course

Chris Hightowers, "Cueman deluxe" is a good place to start, and you can actually learn to build while your doing repair, too!

As far as info. on building goes, check out the cuemaking video's on YouTube, especially videos posted by Bob Dzuricky. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVAyMQj1DqI

Another thing to consider is, when your working on something like, the Hightower lathe, your working with low wieght on chucks, less than a 1 horsepower motor, and you can virtually stop the lathe by hand. All good inherent safety features for people with "little experience" working on a lathe!;)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Hightower. One Book and several dvds.

Also, your learning won't be quite done unless you also include Jow Barringer's set of DVDs.

None of them are a cross over between Chris's videos.

Joe offers a few lessons on advanced building. Chris does too.

DVDs from both guys actually compliment each other. A few different opinions and techniques.

Joe's are quite reasonable priced. Even more when he puts them on sale. I paid $150 if I remember. That's a lot of learnin for that price. 10 DVDs or something like that.

Chris's book is part of the shop for quick reference in case that Old Age Memory kicks in and I need a quick look.