but just don't get down with the old school forum format
live life differently, etc.

that said, I think there's something to be said about a place like azb
if I could only find the words...

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update of ages rolled up into larger groupings.

AZB Ages.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol.

G-damn data!

Thank you SO much, AtLarge. Pretty embarassing for someone who works with numbers in a zero error tolerance profession. That's what I get for messing around in the middle of work and emails and Zoom calls and such.

Anyway, I had forgotten to remove a hard coded entry in a formula and replace it with a cell reference. I fixed it and it should be easy to update now.

Here is what it looks like now with the two additional entries since the first post. I just wanted to see it summarized in larger age groupings.

View attachment 552772

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious what the age is of AZB Member, as Pool seen not too popular around the younger generation.

No this poll will be blind, no one will know you say 46-50, etc.
I'm 66 and fell in love with the game at age 63. I never really played before but after retirement I was bored so I wandered into a pool hall only because it was in the same strip mall as the Gold's Gym where I worked out. Luckiest thing that ever happened to me. APA league night is now my favorite night of the week, love my teammates and have my own table, which has helped me keep my sanity during virus days.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
data

Lol.

G-damn data!

A young insurance man came into the office one evening proud of himself. He had sold a big life insurance policy to a ninety-six year old man. "I checked the data, hardly any ninety-six year old men die every year!"

Hu

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update with less age groupings. Fourteen more than yesterday morning, but distributions remain about the same.

AZB Ages.jpg

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This site isn’t a reflection of billiard’s demographic.

Reddit Billiards is ‘mostly‘ 16 to 30 year olds.

My provincial and city billiard Facebook sites are ‘mostly’ 20’s too 40’s.

Three leagues I play in are ages 20s to 70’s...about 40% female.

The reputation of AZ Billiards among many younger players is the ‘A’ stands for American and its a bunch of grumpy old guys.

I can be grumpy.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 66 and been playing since 14. Just a mediocre player ranked 6/7 in APA.
I played sporadically most of my working life, bars and mild barroom gambling and came out winner way more often than losing.
Now I'm retired and only play once a week in league, and sometimes go practice about 2 or 3 times a month. Stage 3 COPD or I'd go much more often, of course the pandemic is another excuse that I'm using.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
We seem to have it covered!

This site isn’t a reflection of billiard’s demographic.

Reddit Billiards is ‘mostly‘ 16 to 30 year olds.

My provincial and city billiard Facebook sites are ‘mostly’ 20’s too 40’s.

Three leagues I play in are ages 20s to 70’s...about 40% female.

The reputation of AZ Billiards among many younger players is the ‘A’ stands for American and its a bunch of grumpy old guys.

I can be grumpy.

I'm a lot older than I ever expected to be and I am definitely a guy. Between the two of us we have it covered! Dang, I just remembered there are rumors I can be grumpy, I have "grumpy old guy" covered all by myself! We need to get more old girls on here, they don't have to be grumpy. They don't even have to be old!

Hu

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
32 here. While pool isn't being played as much by younger generations I think another factor to the average age of AZers is younger people don't use forums all that much. I think forums were bigger in the 90's when AOL and 56k modems were all the rage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
32 here. While pool isn't being played as much by younger generations I think another factor to the average age of AZers is younger people don't use forums all that much. I think forums were bigger in the 90's when AOL and 56k modems were all the rage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Younger people are also have a much more expansive circle. I have contacts who discuss Chinese 8 ball, Snooker, Russian Pyramid, etc.

This site ‘by default’ is American Pool. Much of the younger world has moved past being confined by borders when it comes to activities like video games, billiards, food and so on.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Distribution has remained relatively stable since the response count went over 100.

AZB Ages - Summary.jpg