I love my Becue, except...

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
the extension is making me crazy. This is the first Becue iteration with the painted shafts and a 100 Euro extension with a 1mm pin.

Every time I insert the pin, I feel like it is going to bend. And, if the pin is snugded, you may unscrew the bumper. The first time this happened to me, the bumper had become very loose and the sound scared me...thought I had broken something.

Oh, did I mention there is no bumper on the extension.

This is a great cue. I hope the new extension is better so Becue can be a completely wonderful cue.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have the newer one and it's the same. Mine already stripped at the male screw. I'm going to write Alessandro - these need improvement.

The black 5.1 shaft is the bomb. The feel is better but I prefer the white shaft (which they've discontinued) for visual purposes.

Last edited:

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wait, what? Are you talking about the new one?

Sorry to hear that.

Please mention a bumper for the extension.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the newer one and it's the same. Mine already stripped at the male screw. I'm going to write Alessandro - these need improvement.

The black 5.1 shaft is the bomb. The feel is better but I prefer the white shaft (which they've discontinued) for visual purposes.

Guess I'll wait to place an order for one. Please keep me and everyone posted on further developments.

Thanks for this bit of info Chris!!

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think TATE will agree this is a damn fine cue. It just has this one (well duplicated I guess) design flaw.

Really, buy the shooting stick and be happy. Save 100euro and use the bridge.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think TATE will agree this is a damn fine cue. It just has this one (well duplicated I guess) design flaw.

Really, buy the shooting stick and be happy. Save 100euro and use the bridge.

Yep, it's a great cue and I'm sure we can work out the weak extension issue. I sent the email and I'll keep you posted. I sent a copy of this thread so they should see the bumper issue as well.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the extension is making me crazy. This is the first Becue iteration with the painted shafts and a 100 Euro extension with a 1mm pin.

Every time I insert the pin, I feel like it is going to bend. And, if the pin is snugded, you may unscrew the bumper. The first time this happened to me, the bumper had become very loose and the sound scared me...thought I had broken something.

This is a great cue. I hope the new extension is better so Becue can be a completely wonderful cue.

I think they should make some sort of "slip on" rubber bumper to protect the bottom of the older model extension.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I got an answer from Alessandro right away. Their customer service is amazing. This guy is a saint!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email.
I suppose is the old model and I will replace with the new model.
We never had one problem with the new model that have a different size pin.
Attached you can find the new model (red aluminium for modular extension, balck for not modular)
Could you plese write in the forum that everyone who has a problem with the old extension can write to info@becueofficial.com and we will replace the defected extension with the new one. All the new model of exentsions (modular and standard) have a bigger pin and the bumper.

thanks

Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got an answer from Alessandro right away. Their customer service is amazing. This guy is a saint!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email.
I suppose is the old model and I will replace with the new model.
We never had one problem with the new model that have a different size pin.
Attached you can find the new model (red aluminium for modular extension, balck for not modular)
Could you plese write in the forum that everyone who has a problem with the old extension can write to info@becueofficial.com and we will replace the defected extension with the new one. All the new model of exentsions (modular and standard) have a bigger pin and the bumper.

thanks

Please refer to the pictures of my extension below. Is this the old model that they are replacing? It's a couple of years old.

Extension 01.jpg

Extension 02.jpg

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1mm pin really? That's the same as a 1/25" screw, surly it must be larger in diameter.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update

First, the pin inthe original Becue extension is about 3.83mm.

Second, Alessandro has started contacting those who messaged him about replacement extensions. The offer is to send a 10" one-piece second generation extension. The modular is an extra 40€. Shipping is free.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
First, the pin inthe original Becue extension is about 3.83mm.

Second, Alessandro has started contacting those who messaged him about replacement extensions. The offer is to send a 10" one-piece second generation extension. The modular is an extra 40€. Shipping is free.

I have the modular. It consists of a 7" piece and 3" piece (which has the bumper). It's good for someone who wants to play with a 3" longer cue all the time. I think I'm going to go that route.

Attachments

• BeCue butt and extension.jpg
    BeCue butt and extension.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 319

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
TATE, do you screw the bumper out of the original and then just screw the new extension in? No adapter needed?

BTW, ordered the Becue logo mask...wanna look like Bane lol

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I have the modular. It consists of a 7" piece and 3" piece (which has the bumper). It's good for someone who wants to play with a 3" longer cue all the time. I think I'm going to go that route.

I hope that seyberts starts selling these whole cues like they did with the shafts. I'd purchase with the affirm for sure, just don't have enough at the moment for the cue in 1 shot.