Cue Lost by USPS - Should I Refund the Buyer

What should I do?? (private poll)

• Tell the buyer I will never refund the money because you declined additional insurance?

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Refund the buyer now?

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Agree to refund the buyer once the package is deemed lost by the USPS?

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capturesssss.PNG
    Capturesssss.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 142

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Well, woke up, got some coffee, checked my email, etc and then hit the number "9" on my browser bar which auto-filled the tracking number I've been searching for the last month and voila`..

Attachments

• Capturesssss.PNG
    Capturesssss.PNG
    91.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, woke up, got some coffee, checked my email, etc and then hit the number "9" on my browser bar which auto-filled the tracking number I've been searching for the last month and voila`..

Interesting they would still deliver since you already collected on the insurance if I am remembering correctly. If it is delivered, would you give them the insurance money back?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
who says ...

Who says procrastination gets you nowhere?!? :thumbup:

Hu

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
USPS can go F themselves. We all endured way too much pain and suffering. I'm splitting that check with all of you so soon you will receive a .17 cent Zelle from me.

Interesting they would still deliver since you already collected on the insurance if I am remembering correctly. If it is delivered, would you give them the insurance money back?

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USPS can go F themselves. We all endured way too much pain and suffering. I'm splitting that check with all of you so soon you will receive a .17 cent Zelle from me.

Haha. That will offset some of the cost for popcorn.

I think it is an informative thread anyway to see people's different views on how to handle.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Hey Stevo, your cue is on the way. I hope you like the cue. Thanks for your patience,

Actually, I've learned a ton about paypal and USPS over this experience.

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Any one suggest splitting the loss?

Both are responsible and both used bad judgment! Give half of a refund and hope that the cue does show up!

After 90 days if it does not arrive then I might consider sending the other half of the money. Would hate for the person to get a refund and the cue get delivered with you having zero knowledge!

If the buyer is flexible and acknowledged some part in this? Then the offer would be considered fair!

I would get upset if the person is pretending like they did not decline insurance?

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Nah, he is super cool. He's been patience. But I'm sure others would not be as decent as Steve. We both just got caught up in stupidity for trying to save a few dollars. But, as you mention, I'm sure there are others out there not so honest and fair.

Good news is the cue has been located and is out for delivery!!

Thanks for your input and I do like your 50/50 split idea.

Any one suggest splitting the loss?

Both are responsible and both used bad judgment! Give half of a refund and hope that the cue does show up!

After 90 days if it does not arrive then I might consider sending the other half of the money. Would hate for the person to get a refund and the cue get delivered with you having zero knowledge!

If the buyer is flexible and acknowledged some part in this? Then the offer would be considered fair!

I would get upset if the person is pretending like they did not decline insurance?

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, best solution when you get tired of reading coco cowboy's stuff is put him on the ignore list....
I gave up on ignore lists, but as soon as I see his avatar, it's SCROLL! SCROLL! SCROLL!

Bob <-- doesn't need more aggravation right now

Last edited:

MoonshineMattK

Silver Member
Okay, I need some input. I have to make a decision and I'm stuck on deciding what would be the right thing to do. Should the fact that the buyer declined insurance matter? Is it 100% my responsibility no matter what the buyer said? To me it's not clear cut so I'd thought I'd put it to a vote because, in the end, I want to do what's right.

Simple Background:
1.) Sold a cue after getting negotiated down.
2.) Shipped it USPS Priority 3 Day on June 21, 2020 without extra insurance.
3.) Buyer specifically said not to buy additional insurance to save money.
4.) I've ordered a trace and have talked with the local Post Office and they can not find the package.
5.) Today the package still says "In Transit" in the USPS tracking system.
6.) Buyer wants me to refund his money now.

What should I do?

Thanks..

I've been buying a TON of used tools on Ebay over the past few months. One item took well over a month. Stuck in California somewhere but eventually found its way. No update scans for weeks. The post office, UPS etc are all working past capacity. I've been told these past months have been equal to the Christmas rush and its not letting up. Give it some time. Might show up yet.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Guy got his cue, I'm not out any money, everyone is happy.....except you with your disparaging comments. Have a heart man.......Cheers...

I had a feeling it would show up, congratulations. You acted in a forthright and trustworthy manner, which helped the situation.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
It's not lost. It's sitting on one of the hundreds of trucks camped down in Dallas. They will get around to emptying them and delivering your cue. Probably by the end of the month.

I will not use USPS until things get back to normal. UPS has slightly better accountability. And isn't much more money.

I knew it would show up back on page one:thumbup: