14.1 On PPV...does it work $$ wise?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Most PPV streamers say that 14.1 is a losing game for them, so they won't PPV it. Don't get me wrong, I loved to play 14.1 and watch 2 top players live for an hour or so, but on stream...not so much.
That being said I'm wondering how Accu-Stats can make a profit showing it for days? Selling the DV's? Johnnyt

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat's LOVE!!

Most PPV streamers say that 14.1 is a losing game for them, so they won't PPV it. Don't get me wrong, I loved to play 14.1 and watch 2 top players live for an hour or so, but on stream...not so much.
That being said I'm wondering how Accu-Stats can make a profit showing it for days? Selling the DV's? Johnnyt

You've surmised and presented an interesting predicament with these observations on profit motives being the sole reason for streaming. However,the ACCU-STATS "Make it Happen"customers wanted to see these top players compete and brought this double round robin event about, in the ACCU-STATS, customer supported, "Make It Happen" format!:thumbup:

Pat Fleming's first love is straight pool and it's no secret that he does all he can to keep that game ALIVE and available to the viewing public. From personal experience I would add, AT ALL COSTS!!

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
As long as the game keeps moving, I do not find it boring at all. Just the fact that any miss can be devastating and result in a loss of game. And any lead can be surmounted with a great run.

I mean, if they are taking a minute to shoot each ball, then I start losing interest. But generally speaking, its quite exciting watching these guys plow through the racks.

Unfortunately

Economics and pool don't mix well. All of these 14.1 events only happen because there are benefactors funding them. There are no profits.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Economics and pool don't mix well. All of these 14.1 events only happen because there are benefactors funding them. There are no profits.

Hi Randy hope all is good, I will ring your phone later this week, I changed my number(for a little while).

yeah pool and economics done mix. oil and water.

Hi Randy hope all is good, I will ring your phone later this week, I changed my number(for a little while).

yeah pool and economics done mix. oil and water.

Hi Eric,
I've got an interesting project going on. If you are interested in hearing about it (and maybe investing), give me a call.

RG