We Lost Tommie 1351

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
RIP Tommie

That's awful news, this place has lost a genuinely good guy! My condolences to all of Tommie's family and friends. Sad day for all AZers. :(

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
I am so sorry and sad to hear this...I bought my first "official" cue from Tommie and ever since then had many fun and great conversations with him...he was a true gentleman, loved pool and will be sorely missed...

Godspeed my friend and may you find the peace you so deserved Sweetie...

Jackie

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first got associated with Tommie a few years ago when the raffles were going strong here on AZB. As you all know Tommie would usually have a Madden or something up for raffle and beyond just hosting he would almost always participate in raffles hosted by others. I used to do a lot of raffles, and when I first started out I confided in Tommie as to the ins and outs of running them fairly and such. I work shift work a lot and it just didn't matter what time of day or night it was I could always give Tommie a call and he would answer, and he always had time for me, anytime, day or night, with good conversation and sensible answers for whatever questions I had. We got to the point that we talked on a pretty regular basis, even after the raffles started and I started my own forum with hopes of continuing the raffles over there. Tommie was one of the very first members I signed up over there and I gave him a lifetime premium membership when he signed up. I truly miss those conversations with Tommie. One thing for sure, he held nothing back, he'd tell you exactly what he thought every time.
Many don't know this, but Tommie was quite a shooter in his day, until he lost the use of his legs years ago to disease, but even so, he never lost his passion for the game,,,,,,,,,I have thought about Tommie a lot during his recent absence here, and feared that one day soon I would see this very post, and likely by Jim Baxter. Well here it is, and it's a sad day in my heart, and for the pool community,,,,,,,,,, all I can say at this point to my friend Tommie Moser,,,,,,,,, I hope you finally get your legs back my friend, that great ring game in the sky is waiting for you!

(A rant I got from Tommie Moser after receiving a call in the wee hours of the morning from someone wanting him to consign a cue for them)

I DON'T DO THIS SHIT FOR $50!
Tommy Moser (2012)

Last edited:

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rip tommie

where do i begin? tommie was a great cue dealer with an ucanny knack for cues that playeed beyond their looks. tommie was suchj a good guy that he sent me a cue for free a couple years ago i will never forget his kindness! he was a GREAT PERSON TO DEAL WITH AND TALK TO REST IN PARADISE YOU WILL BE MISSED! JEREMY HARRISON POINT PLEASANT WEST VIRGINIA

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommie sounds like a great guy. I'm sorry I didn't get to know him. RIP Tommy, condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:

eddie8842

getcha some of that
Silver Member
still can't believe it

tommie was the first guy on azb that i was makin a deal with that wanted to talk on the phone about it instead of pm or email, and i'm glad i did give him a call, i called him about our few deals and sometimes just out of the blue, always talkin about how we both loved the perfect hit of jack madden cues, and tommie always had the time and the will to talk to you for hours, great great guy, gonna miss you buddy
RIP Tommie Moser

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry to hear about Tommie.

I had many dealings with him over my years on AZ and he was always a pleasure to deal with.

RIP sir you will be missed.

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
met Tommie when he was first getting started on az. We did many deals & swapped a lot of road stories & knew a lot of the same players from my days on the west coast. RIP my friend.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Tommie is looking down and reading all these wonderful messages you all are sending . Thanks

BryanMordt

Cuemaker
Silver Member
Here was Tommie back in 2009 at the West Coast Cue Show...

DSC_8652.jpg

tmcuesales

Michael - tmcuesales.com
Silver Member
I've known Tommie for over 25 years and he was like a brother to me. This has been a very difficult week, to say the least.

But it means a lot to see so many posting their condolences and well-wishes.

It was no secret that Tommie loved pool, along with buying, selling, and trading cues. But, more importantly, he felt that this forum was like an extended "pool family" that watches out for and supports each other.

I know Tommie valued the many friendships and good memories that he had made throughout his years on AzBilliards.

We'll miss you, Tommie.

Rest in peace & Godspeed.

Michael Langarica

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Michael, so glad you posted here. We are all very sorry for the loss of your (our) good
friend Tommie. I hope to see you again at Hard Times soon. Take Care, Howard