moving a diamond single slate 9 footer

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are thinking of moving to vegas and my asperation is to buy a 9 footer while there. but then we might move back to Tennessee, so I am wondering how difficult it is to move that slate.

thanks

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
We are thinking of moving to vegas and my asperation is to buy a 9 footer while there. but then we might move back to Tennessee, so I am wondering how difficult it is to move that slate.

thanks

Buy a Diamond Cart from Diamond and its not hard at all. I do not suggest a 1 piece slate if you are adding stairs into the mix.

Here is a demo video of how easily the cart is to use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI1m6GzapKE

Trent from Toledo

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I moved mine from Florida to Arizona recently. Piece of cake with a couple of buddies and a proper cart.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info but is that cart half the price of a table? And is there really and increase in playability from 1 to 3 slate table?
Thanks

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for the info but is that cart half the price of a table? And is there really and increase in playability from 1 to 3 slate table?
Thanks

I think the carts are $600-700.

With a Diamond tech installing the 3 piece slate, you would never tell the difference.

Trent from Toledo

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After 25 years, some parts of the my slate joints are just becoming noticeable. Years of covered inactivity means the cloth may well outlive the sealing material.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
After 25 years, some parts of the my slate joints are just becoming noticeable. Years of covered inactivity means the cloth may well outlive the sealing material.

Is your table a 3 piece Diamond with the slate seams "liquid dowel'd" and then bondo'd??

No offense or disrespect, but, I dont think your comparison is relative to this conversation.

Trent from Toledo

Last edited:

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question, which is not all related to moving , but what is the difference between the diamonds in the video and a new diamond tables the video was publish in 2009 , I know there's newer version tables. with regards to moving the table ,what are other suggested method of a 1 piece slate if you don't have the cart.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question, which is not all related to moving , but what is the difference between the diamonds in the video and a new diamond tables the video was publish in 2009 , I know there's newer version tables. with regards to moving the table ,what are other suggested method of a 1 piece slate if you don't have the cart.

If you don’t have “the” cart, you better have “a” cart. That sucker is heavy.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well then will just some big a$$ cart work to move like a wood cart you find at lowes or home depot work?

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron...

Buy the cart from Diamond or copy the dimensions. Not worth breaking your table or hurting someone. Always best to have the right tool for the job. JMHO. Scott

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are planning on moving, wouldn't it make more sense to get the 3 piece slate version from the get-go? Then you don't have to deal with a cart or the storage of the cart, or limit the new house when you move back to be a ground floor only installation.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is your table a 3 piece Diamond with the slate seams "liquid dowel'd" and then bondo'd??

No offense or disrespect, but, I dont think your comparison is relative to this conversation.

Trent from Toledo

Don’t remember watching the Diamond installers seal the slates, so not sure what they used.
‘Comparison’ is only relative in the sense that it took 25 years before the difference from a one-piece slate could be detected. Who would deal with the grief involved with moving a 9’ slate if they didn’t have to? Typical play/use would likely require new cloth (and joint sealer) in a shorter time period, so see no advantage with the one-piece slate. Antique tables with one-piece/one-inch slate might be a different story (?).