Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Greenland is not for sale, Trump cancels state visit to Denmark
Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
CuesRus1973
AzB Silver Member
CuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-22-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
He definitely won't get it. Can't get it.
No. He won't.

He doesn't possess the intelligence to understand, nor the morals to care.

Keepin' the rubber side down...

Old
  (#77)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 12:40 PM

I cringe by a lot of what Trump says. However, I agree with him in his "nasty" comment. Denmark's official reply about the purchase of Greenland was that it was "absurd". That's a nasty reply. the Prime Minister drew first blood.

The U.S. has leases for 73 years and you think it's bizarre that maybe instead a lease it should be looked at as an acquisition. Is there a single reason why the U.S. would want to abandon it's position in Greenland? Ever? No. Why not look into a purchase? It makes sense to me. It also makes sense to me if Denmark said "no thank you, we prefer to fleece you through leases into the future forever."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
That was my point, to counter your point claiming the opposite, as I read it.

It has not been any constant or even periodic goal of the US to buy it. It has been our goal to have access to basing there as of WW II, through the Cold War and to current times. And we have maintained constant access, via the lease arrangements allowed, for more than 73 years.

This current strange idea was leaked by administration insiders because they found it bizarre. They were stunned when he first raised it, thought he might not be serious about it, but then he kept raising it over the past six weeks. So the leak was probably to try to assure he didn't raise it in Denmark, or at least, to preview it to them so it wouldn't catch them unprepared and gobsmacked.

He responded to questions about the leak by saying, yes, it was being considered, but it would not be the first order of business and not the most important thing.

Then when the PM said it wouldn't be considered and that it was an absurd idea, he thanked her for saving everyone a waste of time, canceling the trip altogether. As if that was indeed the most important thing about the trip, and if it would not be favorably received, there was no other reason to go.

This was a formal state visit, that had been long in the planning. He was to meet the Danish royal family as well as the PM within a few weeks, and Denmark had prepared a five star welcome and planned the massive security required. He brusquely canceled all of it without any apparent reason except for the word that Greenland isn't for sale (which no one seriously thought it was), and called the PM's comment 'nasty' (his favorite complaint reserved for women). He feigns shock and outrage over very small slights, when that is his own stock in trade.

Denmark is a formal long-time ally, and a reliable one, which has lost blood and dead soldiers in support of the US in our misguided quagmire wars. Anyone who can defend there is any reason for causing strained relations with them, and particularly over this bullsh!t, is showing sycophantic cult of personality irrationality.

Old
  (#78)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
That was my point, to counter your point claiming the opposite, as I read it.
Ah...

You misunderstood.

I most definitely did not claim the opposite.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#79)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 02:25 PM

as a scandinavian with many danish connections i find this bizarre and funny. especially to see my danish friend, who until now was an avid trump supporter, fuming over this..lol. the danish people overall is very trump compatible by the way. ideologically it would make more sense to pick a fight with sweden

Old
  (#80)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
as a scandinavian with many danish connections i find this bizarre and funny. especially to see my danish friend, who until now was an avid trump supporter, fuming over this..lol. the danish people overall is very trump compatible by the way. ideologically it would make more sense to pick a fight with sweden
Not sure why you would say that. Trump did not "pick a fight".

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#81)
asiasdad
Banned
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

08-22-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiasdad View Post
Greenland being bought was Trump speak for
him notifying the globalists that he is
taking out their CIA black ops there.

That includes their torture prison,
Their human trafficking warehouse
mid range nuclear missile launch sites
as well as their narcotics transshipment
airport hangers.

BTW: is a Pangit that $hit stick in the jungle ?
It's called PROJECT ICEWORM

Start at the 2:05 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFb4nHmut2s

Old
  (#82)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

08-22-2019, 08:53 PM

So, due to lack of response it is established that there has been a long history of US interests in Greenland. That is and was an irrefutable fact anyway. And Trump did not "pick a fight". It was Denmark that committed the diplomatic faux pas in that matter, by every measure whether traditional or progressive. That some don't like that due to psycho-political motivations is apparent.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#83)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
08-22-2019, 10:13 PM

what would the reaction have been had Russia wanted to buy Alaska or China buying off Hawaii (would not even have to pay anything for it...just repo it for all the IOUs they hold)

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314≤, ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#84)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-22-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
what would the reaction have been had Russia wanted to buy Alaska or China buying off Hawaii (would not even have to pay anything for it...just repo it for all the IOUs they hold)
Not sure what the big deal is...offers to buy, offers to sell....itís just business.

USA is already a customer of Denmark....bought three of the Virgin Island from them.
Florida was acquired from Spain for the bargain basement price of 5 million.
The Louisiana purchase and Alaska cost quite a bit more.

Canada, still the British Empire at the time, traded a Caribbean island for Quebec from France.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#85)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
08-23-2019, 12:30 AM

Then I do not understand what the big problem is to say that to propose such a deal is absurd? What was the nasty part of it if it is all just part of negotiations?

This whole thing of "you won't sell, then I am not going to visit" comes across quite childish in a"spoiled brat"-way

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314≤, ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#86)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Not sure what the big deal is...offers to buy, offers to sell....itís just business.

USA is already a customer of Denmark....bought three of the Virgin Island from them.
Florida was acquired from Spain for the bargain basement price of 5 million.
The Louisiana purchase and Alaska cost quite a bit more.

Canada, still the British Empire at the time, traded a Caribbean island for Quebec from France.
right.. those are all rather old examples, which should lead the observant mind to the conclusion that colonial style land acquisitions don't happen that much anymore. in this case the wildlings within the subject land has somehow formed their own autonomous government. and they don't want to be sold or have their land sold, it seems.

i wonder what really happened here. my guess is that the neocon cold warriors within the administration talked to trump about setting up some more military bases on greenland, which triggered trump's pride in real estate dealmaking. while the previously mentioned bunch loves government spending, i doubt this was the way they wanted to go about it

Old
  (#87)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
right.. those are all rather old examples, which should lead the observant mind to the conclusion that colonial style land acquisitions don't happen that much anymore. in this case the wildlings within the subject land has somehow formed their own autonomous government. and they don't want to be sold or have their land sold, it seems.

i wonder what really happened here. my guess is that the neocon cold warriors within the administration talked to trump about setting up some more military bases on greenland, which triggered trump's pride in real estate dealmaking. while the previously mentioned bunch loves government spending, i doubt this was the way they wanted to go about it
Japan bought an island in 2014

Lionize your game.

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#88)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member

08-23-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Japan bought an island in 2014
was that the uninhabited rock they bought from a japanese company for the USAF to do target training?

Old
  (#89)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

08-23-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
So, due to lack of response it is established that there has been a long history of US interests in Greenland. That is and was an irrefutable fact anyway. And Trump did not "pick a fight". It was Denmark that committed the diplomatic faux pas in that matter, by every measure whether traditional or progressive. That some don't like that due to psycho-political motivations is apparent.

C'mon guy, the political faux pas was Trump and his team thinking that Denmark could sell them Greenland, which they could not even if they wanted to. Denmark's response was appropriate, albeit a little snarky. But like, how did Trump not even do enough research to know who to ask, before asking. The real "psycho-political motivation" is coming from people like you who can't see the humor in this whole thing. The whole world is laughing at this, whether you think they should be or not.

thats just like, your opinion man

Last edited by highkarate; 08-23-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Old
  (#90)
pt109
WO double hemlock

08-23-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
was that the uninhabited rock they bought from a japanese company for the USAF to do target training?
Hey....itís real estate......sometimes itís fishing and mineral rights considerations.

Hereís Canada and Denmark going toe-to-toe over a rock....
...with their own idea of warfare

Name:  A5D9AA6E-8B56-4738-8E1B-803F044C4B4A.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  60.9 KB

Lionize your game.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: