70 Inch Cue

RWOJO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a little over 6' tall and have always held near the back of a cue. I have used the Balance Right Extension (that goes in the middle of the cue) and like it. Locally a strong player had a Predator cue with the 8 inch extension on the back of the cue that he leaves on at all times. So he's shooting with a 66 inch cue and he loves it.

I just got a newer predator and the extension. Plus putting the balance right extension on the cue (another 3 3/4 inches) and the cue looks insane. The weight was insane with it coming in about 26.5 ounces. I took out 3.5 ounces after shooting a few racks and its closer to 23 ounces. A couple hours of shooting day 1 I got a lot of interesting reactions. Day 2 (yesterday) I shot over 5 hours and feel I'm completely adjusted to it already. Break and runs. Position play like before the change. And finesse shots like before.

So what does anyone think of playing with a significantly larger cue?

skipbales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a little over 6' tall and have always held near the back of a cue. I have used the Balance Right Extension (that goes in the middle of the cue) and like it. Locally a strong player had a Predator cue with the 8 inch extension on the back of the cue that he leaves on at all times. So he's shooting with a 66 inch cue and he loves it.

I just got a newer predator and the extension. Plus putting the balance right extension on the cue (another 3 3/4 inches) and the cue looks insane. The weight was insane with it coming in about 26.5 ounces. I took out 3.5 ounces after shooting a few racks and its closer to 23 ounces. A couple hours of shooting day 1 I got a lot of interesting reactions. Day 2 (yesterday) I shot over 5 hours and feel I'm completely adjusted to it already. Break and runs. Position play like before the change. And finesse shots like before.

So what does anyone think of playing with a significantly larger cue?

I use the balance rite extension and have all the weight out of my Meucci I can get but the cue is still heavier than I would normally choose. It does not feel much different because the balance point moves forward and my back hand is not back as close to the butt on the cue. (There is more cue behind my normal position then without the extension). I end up kind of "splitting the difference". I have a longer bridge and more cue behind my back hand but the distance between my hands and all angles remain as they were. I did this because I wanted a little longer bridge length and didn't like having my back hand almost to the end of the cue with that bridge length.

The momentum of the extra weight probably does cause me to carry a little farther then I used to, extend through a little farther and roll a little farther. All of these are things your body adjusts to and you simply don't hit as hard. I love the extra length but my playing partners can't stand to use my cue. :rolleyes: