Gloves for women

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, my girlfriend has recently taken up an interest in playing pool and we've found out that shooting with a closed bridge is not terribly comfortable for her unless she's using a glove. She has small hands and a glove allows her to use a closed bridge without inhibiting her stroke.

My question, are there any gloves out there that are specifically designed for women? Although asthetics are always an issue, I'm specifically referring to sizing that is more consistent with women's hands, her palms are small but her fingers are fairly long.

Right now, she's using a Sir Joseph in size small which is sort of an odd fit. The fingers are long enough but it's clearly too big for her.

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, my girlfriend has recently taken up an interest in playing pool and we've found out that shooting with a closed bridge is not terribly comfortable for her unless she's using a glove. She has small hands and a glove allows her to use a closed bridge without inhibiting her stroke.

My question, are there any gloves out there that are specifically designed for women? Although asthetics are always an issue, I'm specifically referring to sizing that is more consistent with women's hands, her palms are small but her fingers are fairly long.

Right now, she's using a Sir Joseph in size small which is sort of an odd fit. The fingers are long enough but it's clearly too big for her.

Knowing her I would assume that Michael Kors or Cole Haan makes something suitable for this no? lol

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure of brands, but they make gloves w/half fingers so you could get an extra small glove for her palm & the length of her fingers won't matter. Just a thought. Good luck.

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another option.... Finger Slides

I used to use gloves, but found that I would wear thru the palm heal area fairly quickly (less that a year). This happened even with gloves that had the "leather" reinforcement patch.

About 2 months ago, I purchased some Finger Slides (related link with post to web site)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=181455&highlight=finger+slides

The website gives measuring instructions for sizing.

I see no sign of any of the wear and tear issues of "traditional" gloves.

Might be worth a try.

Jim

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The FELICE glove has very slightly shorter fingers than the Sir Joseph but not by much and is smaller in the palm and wrist (because it stretches easily) but feels comfortable and with the white lettering looks cool. ;)

Don't know where to get them. A friend sent me one and I like it. It is black in color.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Try a set of Finger Slides for her. You can order a custom set guaranteed to fit her perfectly. They are also made of a thicker material, so they help support her bridge stability. I love them and recommend them every chance i get.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude, my girlfriend I thought may have a good answer for you, she is Ming Ng, she has used a glove forever. She is small herself and she said the Sir Joesph gloves are too big.

She said google up Sure Shot Billiard Gloves, they are made smaller and fit the smaller women better...Made in the U.S., so wont be hard to come by....

Hope that helps....

K Knight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You know there's a benefit to dating a girl with small hands.

:groucho:

Come on, you know what I'm talking about...

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Jeanette Lee has small hands, find out where she gets her Black Widow gloves.

Whichever glove you end up getting, you may want to sew the finger tips together so it forms a finger loop. This way she can develop the muscle memory in her hands to form the finger loop.

Another possibility is shaft size and cue length. Is she petite? For me, I can feel and see the difference when I switch from 13mm to 12.75 mm.