Best LED Panel for pool

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Trent, I think that is the brand Scott Frost used in his new room. You can see his review for the huge light with the hole in the middle for streaming at the bottom of the page. IDK if he used the same brand for the non streaming tables.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
led

II went to a local electrical supply and bought three 2x2 led flat panels $120 . Then i bought some channel that they use on drop ceilings ,put the lights in the channel with a divider between pot riveted the channel hung with white chain to match channel. The lights are 4000lumens i believe lights my Gold CROWN 3 great .Im 72 so i need the light.Probably got $150 tops plus a little labor.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those look very affordable and also stylish. Only concern is the warranty is very short, but, it says 90 days for online purchases. I am going to call them an see whats up with that.Thanks for the lead on this Seth C.!

Trent from Toledo

I am confused. Earlier didn't you write that $300 was way too expensive, and now call the $524 Fin Lux "affordable"? I personally think the stylish Fin Lux at $524 a little pricey, though nice.

I use two 2-tube reflectors without diffusors set crosswise and each 1/3 from end of table. They work fine, total outlay $80, plus cable hardware which I had laying around.. With old style tubes I can change the lamps or even switch to different K values cheaply. So far they have lasted 12 years and still good.

But, I know LED is the future, just maybe it's not there yet in terms of affordable, reliable, easy to install and good looking packages that illuminate the area well. The biggest problem might be counterfeit LEDs that are nowhere near as good as genuine Cree.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am confused. Earlier didn't you write that $300 was way too expensive, and now call the $524 Fin Lux "affordable"? I personally think the stylish Fin Lux at $524 a little pricey, though nice.

I use two 2-tube reflectors without diffusors set crosswise and each 1/3 from end of table. They work fine, total outlay $80, plus cable hardware which I had laying around.. With old style tubes I can change the lamps or even switch to different K values cheaply. So far they have lasted 12 years and still good.

But, I know LED is the future, just maybe it's not there yet in terms of affordable, reliable, easy to install and good looking packages that illuminate the area well. The biggest problem might be counterfeit LEDs that are nowhere near as good as genuine Cree.

Do you even know what the $300 panel was? Just a panel. Nothing more. I can buy a 4 pack of plain panels for $300.The average panels I have come across are $75 -$100....
The fin mini is $359... So yeah it is affordable for being an enclose light made for pool by a reputable company in comparison to a single flat panel for $300.

I hope you are less confused.

I am confused why you are talking about lights that are not LED??
And counterfeit LEDS? Are you serious?

Trent from Toledo

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I think LED flat panels - like other things in life: cars, pool table brands, mechanics, cloths, cue sticks, etc - have high end/mid end/low end quality.

There’s a $500 pool table, and there’s a Diamond (and some other great brands). I currently own an Olhausen carom table which I thought was one of the best - until I played on and found out more about some of the more well known brands (Verhoeven, Gabriel’s, Cheviollette, Jimar ...).

I have 3 installations of these flat panels: 2 of 2x4’s for my home carom table, 1 2x4 for table tennis, 2 of 2x2’s for another carom table. Both carom tables are 10’, and all of the lights installed without diffuser, 54” off of the tables.

- The 2x2’s were from Home Depot, Commercial Electric I think. I think they’re cool/day lights, 4000 k - with ok coverage, not great
- The other 2x4 are a lot cheaper, from https://www.lightup.com/2x4-flat-panel.html

The 2x4 ones I bought are 5000K daylight. We use the lights as general lightning for family functions and daily uses so I didn’t install diffuser. So far I like it a lot.

I bought 4 of them for ~$250, having one extra as spare. Since it’s for personal use, even if it’s not up to 5000 hrs, better technology and cheaper lights should come out by then /3-4-5 years. Heck, I might move to a different house already- fingers crossed. Lol.

However, if you are to resell/install at commercial places, you should keep in mind or at least inform your clients about the possibility of it going out prematurely without ... notice of course. Would you be able to drop by and do a replacement quickly for them say during a tournament (and you happen to be in Hawaii on your vacation)? Lol

I think that’s why Diamond makes their tables of high quality and charge good money for them.

In another word, “best” is very subjective: depending on users/clients’ need, and how much they’re willing to spend.

Has anyone read that news about the most expensive car in the world? Bugatti @ only $18.9M

Mitchell Pool Table sells their top of the line pool table at $46,500, plus $4500 white glove deliver and set up.

I wouldn’t want neither versions of these flat panels for my pool room nor garage once I buy these 2 mistresses

Sorry for the long post. Just having a little bit of fun at the end there. Hope everyone takes it lightly. We have enough stresses at work. Let’s go out and practice/play some pool (or carom) games!

Attachments

• 8EC9456D-A16A-4014-8D94-207549CB1AC3.jpg
    8EC9456D-A16A-4014-8D94-207549CB1AC3.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you even know what the $300 panel was? Just a panel. Nothing more. I can buy a 4 pack of plain panels for $300.The average panels I have come across are $75 -$100....
The fin mini is $359... So yeah it is affordable for being an enclose light made for pool by a reputable company in comparison to a single flat panel for $300.

I hope you are less confused.

I am confused why you are talking about lights that are not LED??
And counterfeit LEDS? Are you serious?

Trent from Toledo
Lighten up dude. One RKC per forum is enough. You guys like this with customers? Are all table techs as combative as you guys?

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perfect. Thanx. Just uses the same ballast?

"Ballast bypass" is stated so, if it's like the ones I have you just remove the ballast and wire direct.
Don't forget to properly dispose of the bulbs and ballasts, most electric supply stores take them for a small fee. Big box stores sell them, but won't recycle them.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Ballast bypass" is stated so, if it's like the ones I have you just remove the ballast and wire direct.
Don't forget to properly dispose of the bulbs and ballasts, most electric supply stores take them for a small fee. Big box stores sell them, but won't recycle them.
Thanks guys. I'm getting my LED PhD here on AZB. ;)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Lighten up dude. One RKC per forum is enough. You guys like this with customers? Are all table techs as combative as you guys?

Did not cuss, name call or degrade anyone. Just gave a response to that persons confusion and stated my opinion. In fact, I don't think I wrote anything that included you. Have a nice day! :)

Trent from Toledo