9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Looks like a fabric over the edge of the rail wood and the cushion
So the shaft doesnt get dinged

dan bennicas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Guard

Your cue shaft does not touch the wood on the rail. Very smoothe while stroking !

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another poto showing Cue GuardView attachment 540571

So, if I understand, it essentially raises the cue above the level of the top of the cushion and wood rail by some small amount so the cue will slide more smoothly? I'm not sure what problem or issue this is trying to solve. Have people had problems with stroking when the cue rides on the rail?

I'd have to try to be sure but I don't think I'd care for the trade-off of maybe my cue sliding more smoothly against changing the angle at which I have to elevate my cue when the cueball is near the rail. it is hard to tell how much that part of the rail is raised.

dan bennicas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why?

Some have said that it looks and feels so good but that is not why I have it on my table. It's purpose is not to prevent dings on your cue although it may do that. I don't believe anyone has any problems stroking on a standard rail. The purpose and the reason for me to have this on my rails is solely for health reasons and I am serious about that. I have been without any health related issues since I installed this on my table. I am not concerned about germs or bacteria or any contagious disease. I am not germaphobic! Do you have any ideas why I did this?

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some have said that it looks and feels so good but that is not why I have it on my table. It's purpose is not to prevent dings on your cue although it may do that. I don't believe anyone has any problems stroking on a standard rail. The purpose and the reason for me to have this on my rails is solely for health reasons and I am serious about that. I have been without any health related issues since I installed this on my table. I am not concerned about germs or bacteria or any contagious disease. I am not germaphobic! Do you have any ideas why I did this?

No, because you have a curious way of describing your product. How could anyone see your initial post and even dream that the purposes is health reasons? Now I am more perplexed than ever, because health reasons comes out of left field.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Could explain more
What your product does and how is it healthier?
Your ailment above is a legume from Africa....:confused:

dan bennicas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Syn-Guard details

Syn- Cue Guard for health issues only works if you have the same problem that I have on my table. I purchased my table used about 15 years ago and
it has some issues. Specifically the height of the wood rail is slightly above the the fabric cushion which has made it subject to jumping ball impact
at the edge of the wood and subsequently causing the wenge wood ("Millettia laurentii") to fray and splinter and . The wenge wood is very beautiful and very hard but
because of it's hardness it is subject to splintering. Ater two needle-like splinters in my fingers I decided to do something about that problem. Since my problem
has been corrected I have discovered another use for the Cue-Guard and it has to do with my new invention called Syn-Rail (a non-invasive adhesive rail tape)
A product that will be used in conjunction with Syn-surf 7a. The intent of this product is to adjust your table to play longer and stay long like new cloth plays. I will go into
more detail at a future date. ( see info at The Wood Data Base for the explanation of it's
toxicity and other details) I AM HEALTHY NOW !

Last edited: