Mezz Hybrid Pro......................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all i must state this shaft is no longer made. It was re-named the HybridAlpha and then re-placed by the recently announced W-Alpha. Anyhoo, i just got a HP for my Mezz AXI-K. WOW!! What a shaft. I wanted something bigger than the 700 as i don't really like shafts smaller than 12.7mm. This one is 12.85 and i love it. It deflects a tad more than the 700 but the feel, the power, THE GLORY AND MAJESTY of this thing is awesome. ;) If you like thicker shafts try to find one of these or the HA as they're still around. I've heard the new W-Alpha will no longer have the carbon-fiber core but will still play much like the older models. We'll see.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all i must state this shaft is no longer made. It was re-named the HybridAlpha and then re-placed by the recently announced W-Alpha. Anyhoo, i just got a HP for my Mezz AXI-K. WOW!! What a shaft. I wanted something bigger than the 700 as i don't really like shafts smaller than 12.7mm. This one is 12.85 and i love it. It deflects a tad more than the 700 but the feel, the power, THE GLORY AND MAJESTY of this thing is awesome. ;) If you like thicker shafts try to find one of these or the HA as they're still around. I've heard the new W-Alpha will no longer have the carbon-fiber core but will still play much like the older models. We'll see.
UPDATE: i contacted Mezz and was told the new W-Alpha DOES have the carbon-core.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ That is odd, I reviewed the WX-A prior to official launch and I was told by Mezz rep. that the construction is more like that of WX700 and WX900 shafts and that it does not have a carbon core :confused:

I guess the only way to know for sure is to cut one in half or wait for their website to update their shaft spreadsheets that show the construction inside the shaft :thumbup:

Anyway I have an order in for an ACE 180 with the WX-A shaft and a leather wrap. Keeping my fingers crossed to have it delivered by christmas :rolleyes:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ That is odd, I reviewed the WX-A prior to official launch and I was told by Mezz rep. that the construction is more like that of WX700 and WX900 shafts and that it does not have a carbon core :confused:

I guess the only way to know for sure is to cut one in half or wait for their website to update their shaft spreadsheets that show the construction inside the shaft :thumbup:

Anyway I have an order in for an ACE 180 with the WX-A shaft and a leather wrap. Keeping my fingers crossed to have it delivered by christmas :rolleyes:
I contacted MezzUSA and was told the W-Alpha has the cf core. Weirdness no doubt.