51 Ball Run

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've finally managed to capture a somewhat decent run on video (I never realized how hard this was until I tried). Anyways, it is a 51 ball run on my home table. I have a Diamond Pro-Am with 4 1/2 inch pockets with blue Simonis 860 cloth. It is pure torture playing straight pool on it but I love the table nonetheless and still continue to try and improve my 14.1 game on it. This run gets a little ugly at the end and I have to pull out the ol' corner ball cross side from behind the rack :eek:

http://azbtv.magnify.net/video/51-Ball-Run

I'll keep working on getting some better runs posted. But in the meantime, I'm open to all comments and suggestions. Be gentle :)

Thanks,
Ray

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Did you call that ball in the side when you missed breaking the balls open around the 19 minute mark???? If not you still had a hell of a run and I bet you are a dynamite player in all games. Good shooting!!!!

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did you call that ball in the side when you missed breaking the balls open around the 19 minute mark???? If not you still had a hell of a run and I bet you are a dynamite player in all games. Good shooting!!!!

Yes. That is a pretty standard breakshot when your cue ball is below the rack and you have no other options. You must make sure that the corner ball is frozen though. Try it. It pretty consistently goes in or near the cross side pocket every time. Just use a little low, but not too much.

That was actually one of the first "trick" breakshots I learned when I first started playing 14.1 many moons ago :).

Thanks for watching,
Ray

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting....
What kind of cue is that your using ? Looks good.............

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, 51 is a good run. I don´t know how often you can do that but in my opinion you need to work on your patterns, i saw you pretty often where you shot a ball in and then you looked what is the next best. Also you seem to not exactly know where you hit the rack when you break it up and what´s going to happen / what you play position on. That is no critique, just some tips that i think may help your game. Watch as much 14.1 tapes you can get, that will help a lot and definetly improve your game.

keep practicing, best sascha

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting....
What kind of cue is that your using ? Looks good.............

Thank you. I play with a Tad Kohara BEM Plain Jane. It's a Harvey Martin style Plain Jane with ringwork in the butt area. I love it.

Ray

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would like to know how long you are playing and what your high run is ? do you run 50´s on a regular basis ?

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
i would like to know how long you are playing and what your high run is ? do you run 50´s on a regular basis ?

I have been playing for about 16 years. My high run is 112. I play pool about 3 times a week and will usually get to 40 or 50 about once or twice during those 3 days of practice.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
nice run, good it didn't end with a scratch in the side. I like your cue ball control on the breaks, that's what I should be working at extensively